Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't look now, but we have one of "those games" up next on the schedule.

NoCalMike

The 'Skins have a whole new attitude this year compared to last. They should go into Detroit with a chip on their shoulder and destroy them. We need the team to win by two or more TD's and this could be a chance for the offense to finally play a complete game......I hope.....:point 2sky

I'm honestly most worried about Jahvid Best he's the kind of RB that seems to tear us up, I hope we can contain him. A close second is the Lions DL, they can be nasty with Bosh/Suh wrecking havoc, Suh might have a big day with our ****ty interior OL. Throw in Stafford coming back with something to prove with how Hill played in his absence + Calvin Johnson and well...Yikes.

:lionsuck:

Alright everyone cut the crap!! Let all be calm here. We have had a little trouble with Detroit recently but let's look at our overall home record against them and calm down. I don't think they have ever beaten us at home.

what? we are playing in Detroit.. were Doomed.

Just kidding everything will be fine.

I hope

I'm glad Stafford will be the QB. Shaun Hill was getting warmed up there for a while and playing well. They'll be coming off a bye week, too, and might have some rust all around (team and QB who hasn't played in a month).

I agree w/ others that DET's offense is solid, but they're still pretty weak on D. We should be able to run the ball on them for 150 or so yards and--hopefully--control the clock.

The Redskins have scored more than 20 points twice this year. Both times resulted in a loss. They've won scoring 13, 17, 16, and 17. Their margin of victory has been 6, 5, 3, and 3. The only team that beat us convincingly was St Louis. Not the Colts or Texans... the Rams beat our asses.

No reason to think Detroit will be easy.

I throw all the personal stuff out the window, because as far as I'm concerned, last year didn't happen;)

Based on what we know, this will be another close game down to the wire that I think we win. However, I really don't think that literally all our games, or even most of them, will turn out as crazy and close as they have been. If we're due to go ahead and beat up a team for real, it's bound to happen next week. Why not?

Detroit matches up well with us. We struggle to cover true #1 WR's like Calvin Johnson. Just look at what Andre did to us on a bum ankle. Best is the kind of running back we might bottle up 19 times and then he rips the 20th for a touchdown. Suh and Van den Bosch stunting inside are going to get some pressure. This isn't going to be an easy win by any means.

The nice thing about this game is that the team will constantly be reminded of the loss last year leading up to the game, so they shouldn't take them lightly. I expect us to come out full of fight.

That said, the Lions worry me too. I think everyone can see they have young talent on that team that is pretty good. We can only hope that our young talent in Orakpo, Williams, and Landry come up bigger than theirs, and McNabb plays a good, solid game.

If we keep winning the turnover battle like we are, then we'll definitely have a shot, no matter our opponent.

Archived