Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't look now, but we have one of "those games" up next on the schedule.

NoCalMike

This game will tell A LOT about how far we've come.

Not me. We're clearly better than we were in 2009 when we lost to a much worse Lions team. I realize they have a poor record, but I think Detroit is a pretty decent team. Let's put it this way, if we lose in Detroit, it's far less embarrassing than it was this time last year. At the same time, if we win next week (whether we win 3-0 or 41-3), we'll be 5-3 (5-1 in the NFC) and should feel very thrilled about winning on the road in back-to-back weeks.

The Lions will present a tougher challenge than Chicago did. The key for us will be capitalizing on opportunities. Today, we forced all those turnovers and hardly scored any points off of them on offense (if any). If we get those opportunities against an offense like Detroit's we better build a lead because they can actually score!

I throw all the personal stuff out the window, because as far as I'm concerned, last year didn't happen;)

Based on what we know, this will be another close game down to the wire that I think we win. However, I really don't think that literally all our games, or even most of them, will turn out as crazy and close as they have been. If we're due to go ahead and beat up a team for real, it's bound to happen next week. Why not?

Because aside from the fact that the Raiders flat out quit at the end of last year, we haven't " beaten up" a team in over three years, and the Lions are ridiculously explosive on offense, that's why not

we will be playing against the rusty arm but fresh legs of Stafford and a beast in Calvin Johnson. I wouldn't sleep on them at all as Stafford tour us up his rookie season, same with Bradford his first start. I say we prep for the game like any other game, but I hope we mix it up a bit. Today we were one dimensional on offense for the longest time

God damn it, people will never be happy on the website. hahaha. Our O looked crappy against one of the best D's in the league. We almost beat the Colts, who were in the Super Bowl last year. Heart attack games or not, this is NOT LAST YEARS TEAM.

They learn from their mistakes.

The Lions have a pretty good front four on defense. Stafford doesn't concern me as much as Shaun Hill would have, but the QB doesn't have to be great when you have Calvin Johnson. Jahvid Best is extremely dangerous and can take it the distance on any given play. Also, why do all of our Lions games end up in Detroit? This will be our 5th regular season game against them since 2000. Four of those games have been in Detroit.

The Skins haven't beaten anyone by even a touchdown this year. The Lions are improved over last year - when they beat us. They have played a lot of the same teams that we have played, and they've lost, but played them closely (except for the Rams, who they murdered). They are also coming off of a bye. I think that the Skins will win, but I don't take anything for granted. It will be another close one.

lol...people weren't even talking about the Indy game like this. Screw Detroit. There's a reason they have a horrible record lately, and I can't get the image of Stafford hanging his tongue out of his mouth at us out of my mind. McNabb is doing his thing with a couple bad games, and he's due for a breakout. The turnovers we're getting aren't on the other teams, we just get turnovers and I see a few happening.

The Lions are garbage and will look/smell just like it on Halloween.

God damn it, people will never be happy on the website. hahaha. Our O looked crappy against one of the best D's in the league. We almost beat the Colts, who were in the Super Bowl last year. Heart attack games or not, this is NOT LAST YEARS TEAM.

They learn from their mistakes.

Yea it's not the same old thing. People would look at the Rams game this year, but they're also a different team from last year. Detroit, on the other hand, still just sucks. I don't care how many points they put up, they don't win games. We don't put up a ton, we give up tons of yards, but we're winning games. This'll either be a blowout, if mcnabb has it together, or one of those "who wants it more" games, and the Redskins clearly can win those.

lol...people weren't even talking about the Indy game like this. Screw Detroit. There's a reason they have a horrible record lately, and I can't get the image of Stafford hanging his tongue out of his mouth at us out of my mind. McNabb is doing his thing with a couple bad games, and he's due for a breakout. The turnovers we're getting aren't on the other teams, we just get turnovers and I see a few happening.

The Lions are garbage and will look/smell just like it on Halloween.

I believe this is what many of us were saying last season regarding Campbell. Clearly McNabb =/ Campbell but he hasn't exactly been lighting it up statistically either.

Yea it's not the same old thing. People would look at the Rams game this year, but they're also a different team from last year. Detroit, on the other hand, still just sucks. I don't care how many points they put up, they don't win games. We don't put up a ton, we give up tons of yards, but we're winning games. This'll either be a blowout, if mcnabb has it together, or one of those "who wants it more" games, and the Redskins clearly can win those.

Exactly, and even the Rams game this year, we gave them the two touchdowns that let them beat us. If our D can keep Peyton under control, I'm not overconfident but not overly concerned about Matthew Stafford.

We also kept Demarcus Ware, Mario Williams, Freeney/Mathis, Julius Peppers, Urlacher, Jay Ratliff, Clary Matthews etc.... under control for the most part. I am also not overly worried about Suh.

People keep forgetting we have a real coach

I agree.....I'm worried about Detroit.

So am I. The Detroit Lions are 1-5 and coming off a bye week, but I would never overlook them if I were the Washington Redskins. Despite their horrendous win-loss record, Detroit is a much more improved football team; they are very competitive, especially at home. In other words, the Lions are not who you think they are because of their 1-5 record; they will fight you tooth and nail. During this season, they manhandled the Rams and gave the Bears, the Eagles, and the Packers a run for their money despite losing to all three of those teams.

Mike Shanahan will get the Redskins ready for this game; hopefully he helps our beloved football team find a way to beat the Lions. At the same time, I hope the Redskins get some payback from what happened last year. Hail to the Redskins :helmet:.

Ha Ha. Dirt put down the beer and welcome to reality. We squeeked by a win this week that was won by many lucky bounces. You have not watched much football if you think detroit is the same old team. I think we will win but its attitudes like yours that I hope the Skins dont have going into next week.

Archived