Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?

Riggins Seventy Chip

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Of course you are ducking the question. Yes, he covered different guys tonight and yes those guys had catches. How many catches were made against Carlos though? How well did the receivers do when Carlos was covering them? You aren't answering that question directly and there is a reason why. Because he smothers them and breaks up passes.

I don't know as I do not have the stats right here in front of me. All I know is that we lost and the drops by Carlos and Kareem certainly didn't do anything to help us tonight. The Rogers sure interception (that he dropped btw) may be have been on 3rd and 6 but instead of getting the ball at the spot of the interception the Colts punted and flipped field position. I have never said that Rogers is not a good cover corner. What I have said from the beginning is that the dude can't catch. This fact is not debatable.

Im sick and tired of watching Rogers drop balls and I think its time to make some changes to the secondary.I never was a big fan of Rogers when I seen him play his rookie year.He is so overated that it isn't funny.Ever since he has put on the Skins jersy he has been beaten by wide recievers and droped interceptions countless of times and im tired of it.They have gave him chance after chance to prove himself that he is a starter and imo he blew that along time ago.He should'nt be starting anymore!!

Moore and Reed D both are not going to pan out for the future for the Skins so I don't see any reason to keep them on the Skins roster.The secondary droped five ints in the Colts game and thats unaceptable and we should'nt have to watch anymore of this desaterous secondary.D Hall has'nt helped us much this season either.

Changes need to be made exspecially Rogers!!

I don't know as I do not have the stats right here in front of me. All I know is that we lost and the drops by Carlos and Kareem certainly didn't do anything to help us tonight. The Rogers sure interception (that he dropped btw) may be have been on 3rd and 6 but instead of getting the ball at the spot of the interception the Colts punted and flipped field position. I have never said that Rogers is not a good cover corner. What I have said from the beginning is that the dude can't catch. This fact is not debatable.

You need to go back and read your reply to me again. You quoted me saying that Rogers does a great job breaking up passes that are thrown to his receivers. This fact is not debatable. You then proceeded to say that he has hands of stone, which not one single person in this thread ever denied. The fact is, he's a fantastic corner who breaks up a lot of plays that other corners in the league don't do as often. Sounds to me like you would rather trade up for a guy who might get a few INTs in a season and also get burnt here and there, over a guy who consistently shows that he can cover any receiver he is lined up against. It's truly baffling to me that people can't see that there are many holes in this defense and that Rogers really isn't one of them.

Aside from the myriad of pass breakups. He's our best cover corner. Period.

Here's a bit of information: Kareem Moore had as many missed INTs today as Los, and Los has as many INTs on the year as Moore.

I like his cover skills, but you need to be able to come up with those takeaways especially vs a QB like Peyton because they're gimme turnovers. And you won't get many chances like that from a QB that good.

Carlos' opportunities to get INTs by default will be greater than Moores because of the positions they play.

I rarely post but read alot on this website but F**K How is this guy in the NFL? NO!!!!!!!! Is my answer

How many missed opportunities does Carlos get? You know what that means? He's stuck to his guy like glue. You can't throw away that kind of talent. You know how fast a receiver can head fake a bad corner and be gone for a deep 6? I'll keep him! We should put those big ole casts on his hands that look like clubs though. Just club them to the ground Carlos. We still love ya.

The problem is manifold. The biggest one is that Rogers does not scare QBs. Who cares if he has good coverage? It's either incomplete or a catch. The drops might not demoralize his D anymore, but they must. I honestly think that Rogers doesn't have "hands of stone" I think he has King Kong on his back. See the Rogers needs Hypnotherapy thread.

He can catch in practice. He CAN catch a cold. He can catch on the street. It's only when the game lights are turned on that his hands turn to vapor.

Carlos not being able to catch is just not very funny anymore (never was). We need to find a replacement as soon as the opportunity arises.

I agree, it's totally not funny at all and I get madder every time he drops one. I know that Cornerbacks are just frustrated Wide Receivers and that they don't catch everything near them, but Rogers can't catch anything, it used to be a joke but now it's just not.

Carlos Rogers needs to be benched. How many easy picks has he missed now? Buchanon is a much better CB than Rogers. Hall looked a little bad yesterday because him and Landry had to make up for the work that the Free Safeties were slacking on. D Hall and Buchanon on the same field would be much better. The first easy one he missed was just terrible to watch. How in the world do you have the ball right in your hands and fumble it. We got lucky again when the coaches decided it was incomplete. But if you really look at it, it was a fumble and Colts should have gotten the ball. If Rogers was with any other team, they would have released him a long time ago. If I'm correct, he has two more years on his contract. At the end of his contract, I could see them cutting him.

Archived