Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?

Riggins Seventy Chip

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

God, please don't let Carlos be a Santa, he'll drop every baby on the floor ! lol...

Well, if he actually did go to hypnotherapy, I wonder if it would turn out like "Office Space" and just walk around with a "**** it" mentality, but maybe thats just what he needs to do. I would mention that maybe he should slap the ball up and give another defender a shot at it, but god knows where the ball would end up.

Getting rid of him, is probably not a wise decision; he would be snatchd up in a heartbeat, and end up catching every ball thrown near him, so its a chance I'd rather not see happen.

I'll just continue to ***** gripe and moan until he gets over this phobia of pigskin; good thing is, when contract time comes they can load it up with incentives, and chances are he will not cash in on them...

dude has the worst hands i have ever seen in the NFL at any position.

and it's not even close. also that is no exaggeration.

Only thing close is that punter for the giants, did you see him fumble twice on a punt? hilarious. but yea, I've seen defensive tackles make far more impressive interceptions then he has.

My theory is flawed? How well did the receiver he was covering do, the entire game? I was watching a game where Rogers did a tremendous job covering his man and keeping him out of the game. I understand a pick here and there would be nice but I think that there are other people on the defense that we should all be more worried about then a cornerback who can stay on his man and break up plays.
seems to me like the scheme was to let them catch the ball then tackle them..if they play all the time like they did on the last colts drive they would all be in the hall of fame..other than that the entire defensive backfield needs to be gone,,they all suck

It's embarrassing. The Colts made THREE one-handed great catches last night, and our guys cannot catch the ball when it hits them between the numbers and they get both hands on it? I don't care how good a cover corner you are, if you cannot catch the ball, you shouldn't be on the field regularly.

Cornerbacks in general cannot catch, otherwise they would be wide recievers. Most corners are about 50/50 when they get their hands on the ball. However, Carlos Rogers inability to catch is truely baffling. He is well beyond the average corner in his inability to catch.

I still think the guys is a good corner, but it is frustrating watching him drop balls nearly every game. There has to be some way the coaches can teach him. Maybe they can have him practice with the wideouts or something.

• 1 year later...
***BUMP ALERT***

He can catch a cold this year at least. So far he has 3 INT's this year. He never had more than two with us. Why does this s**t always happen to us?

Well one of the reasons may be that he recently said in an interview he didn't want to play for the Redskins the last two seasons he was here. **** him.

Well one of the reasons may be that he recently said in an interview he didn't want to play for the Redskins the last two seasons he was here. **** him.

I don't buy it, he'd have made himself a lot more money and gotten more than a one year deal had he been catching all those INTs. He might not have wanted to play in DC, but I'm sure he wanted to get paid. We all watched the games, he'd probably have had a couple pick 6's in there too.

I don't buy it, he'd have made himself a lot more money and gotten more than a one year deal had he been catching all those INTs. He might not have wanted to play in DC, but I'm sure he wanted to get paid. We all watched the games, he'd probably have had a couple pick 6's in there too.

A couple? I can think of several, including one against the Colts & the Seahawks in the playoffs. And for all those people who say, "well, him not catching the ball is a wasted down for the opponent"? That's like saying muddy water is still water. That may be, but you're not gonna drink it. Carlos cost us games with his stone hands, INCLUDING a playoff game. I don't think it's reasonable to expect a CB to catch EVERY pass that comes their way, but it's NOT unreasonable to expect them to catch the ones that are practically handed to them.

And that wasted down? Yeah, it only gives QBs like Peyton Manning another down to check his other options & still pick up the 1st or TD....obviously, that's what happens more often than not. I know it's hard for some people to swallow, but turnovers change games. If you let them slip thru your hands, literally, so does the opportunity to change the game. Period.

It's embarrassing. The Colts made THREE one-handed great catches last night, and our guys cannot catch the ball when it hits them between the numbers and they get both hands on it? I don't care how good a cover corner you are, if you cannot catch the ball, you shouldn't be on the field regularly.

Yeah but the guys he usually cover don't have a real good day either. The man is a good corner.

***BUMP ALERT***

He can catch a cold this year at least. So far he has 3 INT's this year. He never had more than two with us. Why does this s**t always happen to us?

One of them was a pick 6

Its the atmosphere of DC. Nobody wants to come here, except for the money.

I've always been amazed at how hated he's been just because he's missed some interceptions. As an Eagles fan, I was happy to see him leave the Skins.

It's really weird. Hall had 6 interceptions last year. However, 4 came from one game. Huzzah. For the rest of the season, the Skins have to deal with his suspect coverage and tackling. I've always prefered a Rogers-type corner.

Archived