Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?

Riggins Seventy Chip

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a stupid thread.

turnovers weren't the issue....we forced several.

bro. you're supposed to take advantage of bread-basket int's, esp against P. Manning. We had 4 dropped picks. And the one that K. Moore dropped resulted in a TD on that same drive....Carlos on the other hand; i'll let someone else comment on him. I'm done with that cat.

You would think that most people would understand that. Rogers is on his receiver like flies on ****, breaking up many plays. Apparently that's not good enough.

Your theory is flawed. Sure he may have broken up the pass but not intercepting it keeps the drive alive for the Colts. Pass break ups are great but when the ball hits you in the hands on a regular basis you have to get the ball for your team. You don't honestly think that by just breaking up a pass on second down that somehow it's a win for your defense, especially against a qb like P. Manning, do you?

Yes, Los can't catch.

and you know what, if he accepts that we'll give him a contract that's no where near a top end Corner I'm all for having him back. He's a good coverage and run defending corner.

But without being able to make turn overs he should never be payed like an elite corner

bro. you're supposed to take advantage of bread-basket int's, esp against P. Manning. We had 4 dropped picks. And the one that K. Moore dropped resulted in a TD on that same drive....Carlos on the other hand; i'll let someone else comment on him. I'm done with that cat.

Exactly. Turnovers like that ruin a team's confidence.

Your theory is flawed. Sure he may have broken up the pass but not intercepting it keeps the drive alive for the Colts. Pass break ups are great but when the ball hits you in the hands on a regular basis you have to get the ball for your team. You don't honestly think that by just breaking up a pass on second down that somehow it's a win for your defense, especially against a qb like P. Manning, do you?

My theory is flawed? How well did the receiver he was covering do, the entire game? I was watching a game where Rogers did a tremendous job covering his man and keeping him out of the game. I understand a pick here and there would be nice but I think that there are other people on the defense that we should all be more worried about then a cornerback who can stay on his man and break up plays.

My theory is flawed? How well did the receiver he was covering do, the entire game? I was watching a game where Rogers did a tremendous job covering his man and keeping him out of the game. I understand a pick here and there would be nice but I think that there are other people on the defense that we should all be more worried about then a cornerback who can stay on his man and break up plays.

Yes it's flawed. You saying that as long as he breaks up the pass makes your argument flawed. Listen, I'm all for breaking up a pass but you have to intercept them too when they hit you right in the mitts. When you break a pass up, unless it's third down, the drive is still alive. If you intercept it YOUR offense gets the ball. It seems pretty easy to understand to me.

Yes it's flawed. You saying that as long as he breaks up the pass makes your argument flawed. Listen, I'm all for breaking up a pass but you have to intercept them too when they hit you right in the mitts. When you break a pass up, unless it's third down, the drive is still alive. If you intercept it YOUR offense gets the ball. It seems pretty easy to understand to me.

You never answered my question. How well did the receiver he was covering do all game? How about any game this year? I think you need to worry more about some other players, instead of the guy breaking up passes thrown to the receivers that he is covering. He is doing a hell of a job out there and making the INT would just be an added bonus to what he is already doing.

You never answered my question. How well did the receiver he was covering do all game? How about any game this year? I think you need to worry more about some other players, instead of the guy breaking up passes thrown to the receivers that he is covering. He is doing a hell of a job out there and making the INT would just be an added bonus to what he is already doing.

Manning had a big night. All of the receivers did well for the Colts tonight. I saw Garcon, Collie, and Wayne make catches tonight. But honestly I don't need to worry about any of the Redskins players. I'm not the owner, coach or in anyway on the Redskins payroll. I just want a professional football player, especially a skill position guy like Rogers, to catch the damn ball when it hits him in the hands. :ols:

Manning had a big night. All of the receivers did well for the Colts tonight. I saw Garcon, Collie, and Wayne make catches tonight. But honestly I don't need to worry about any of the Redskins players. I'm not the owner, coach or in anyway on the Redskins payroll. I just want a professional football player, especially a skill position guy like Rogers, to catch the damn ball when it hits him in the hands.

Yes, the colts played well. You ducked my question again, though. How well did the receivers that Rogers was covering do? It's quite simple; Rogers is a fantastic corner with hands of stone. I'd rather have a guy like him who you can count on breaking up passes then a corner who might be a little more prone to being beat for TDs that might get a few INTs in a season.

Yes, the colts played well. You ducked my question again, though. How well did the receivers that Rogers was covering do? It's quite simple; Rogers is a fantastic corner with hands of stone. I'd rather have a guy like him who you can count on breaking up passes then a corner who might be a little more prone to being beat for TDs that might get a few INTs in a season.

I'm not ducking anything. He was covering different guys tonight and most of them had catches. Not to mention the fact that he dropped a sure interception and let another tougher opportunity slip away as well. Against elite qb's like Manning you have to take advantage of the gifts he provides you and Carlos certainly didn't do this.

Kareem's drop led to a Touchdown. Los' drop was on 3rd and 6. The Colts punted right after that.

I'm not ducking anything. He was covering different guys tonight and most of them had catches. Not to mention the fact that he dropped a sure interception and let another tougher opportunity slip away as well. Against elite qb's like Manning you have to take advantage of the gifts he provides you and Carlos certainly didn't do this.

Of course you are ducking the question. Yes, he covered different guys tonight and yes those guys had catches. How many catches were made against Carlos though? How well did the receivers do when Carlos was covering them? You aren't answering that question directly and there is a reason why. Because he smothers them and breaks up passes.

Archived