Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Should Have Lost

HSW

You know what?.....I complained about a 2 pt victory over the Rams last year...then we lost to DETROIT...then we finished 4-12...then last week we LOST to the Rams...Moral of the story:

WE HAVE 2 DIVISION WINS!!!!! They weren't sexy but they're wins. analyze it on Monday but enjoy it tonight!

HTTR

Personally, I will take top spot in the NFCE...all these babies that want to cry about a win can just go back to their couch and cheer for other teams....

Do people not watch other games in the NFL, this year is a complete toss up, anyone can win. There is no clear powerhouse this year. It's very competitive.

2-0 NFC.

We won. (We could have came into this game, 3-0 or 2-1 too!)

wow you guys are pathetic.. seriously pathetic..... new coach new defense no real wr's and yet we are 2-0 division and 2-2... you are the most negative people I have ever seen... unreal
Oh, shut up, OP.
New front office, new head coach trying to turn the roster over, start a whole new system, create a new culture, and we're beating division opponents. I'll take it.
should have lost, should have won, could have won, could have lost, just shut the **** up and realize that we're 1st in the NFC East and undefeated in the division after being cellar dwellers and going 0-6 last year.
We win........we shouldn't of

We lose.........we suck

I bet those Jaguar fans are really upset at how they beat the colts today and the packer fans are hiding their cheese heads after barely beating the lions today :rolleyes:

So how many alleged fans are going to go to work or panhandle tomorrow with a sad look on their face while saying Damn we should have lost? :doh:

Many thanks to those posters above that I quoted. This pretty much sums it up for me....oh yeah 2-0 in the NFCE ,baby :)

Get well CP !! Carlos Rogers smdh CATCH THE DAMN BALL..... Good job Brandon Banks :P

The bottom line is we are 2-2 and 2-0 in the Division with a brand new QB and scheme on both sides of the ball. To be .500 and in 1st place in the division right now is far beyond anything we should have expected at this point in the season. The good news, is that we are only going to get better. People need to take a step back, and enjoy the win for once.

I will take an away division win any way you want to give it to me. Nobody was injured tonight and the big "McNabb returns to Philly" game is out of the way. Hopefully our stud LT returns soon so we can uncuff the passing game and we'll be putting up more points. Our run game took a turn for the better today so that's good. We've got some work to do, but nobody said this year would be easy. We don't have to be the best team in the league, we just have to be the best team on the field on gameday. Today we were that team.

my high horse? how about you get your head out of your ass if you can. HE DIDN'T CATCH THE BALL!

there is nothing constructive about "we're going to lose next week, we should have lost this week"

there's no point to what you're doing. no break down. nothing. just whining.

i didn't say you're not a fan, i just said if you can't handle a win then you should go watch another team.

this is a rebuilding team with a weak roster from years of mismanagement and yet we just beat a team everyone idolizes for their ability to consistently contend.

so if you would like to add some intelligence, feel free. but i won't hold my breath.

clearly you haven't read a single post. id idn't say we should have lost, the OP did. in fact, I said 'We Almost Lost' would be a much more fitting title.

I didn't say we're going to lose next week at all.

every team has a chance every week. thats why the NFL is great, and thats why they play the game.

of course i'm happy they're #1 in the NFCE. Thats all that ****ing matters. I'm happy they're 2-0 in a division they went 0-6 in last year. I'm super happy with the overall direction of the team.

But I'll be damned if this isn't the same goddamn redskins team that blows it, or wins it, in the last 5 minutes of a game - week in and week out. It's the same goddamn team tha tcan't play 60 minutes of football.

I'll enjoy the win, and I'll say they dominated the eagles for 3 quarters. But i'm not going to be so dellusional as to not see what that 4th quarter was.

My father called me and told me the same thing. He added on to it that they've been doing it for 30 years.

My wife said, with 13 seconds left - prior to the hook & ladder play - that the 'game was over'. I looked at her and laughed, and told her she hasn't watched enough redskins games. 13 seconds later we were breathing a sight of releif that they dropped the ball - not that we made a good play.

Think what you want, but you can't deny that this is the typical MO of the redskins - and there's aboslutely nothing wrong with being frustarted with it, win or lose.

to top it all of people like you come in here with this 'you're not a true fan' bull**** that is so overplayed and is completely meaningless. as if you have a clue as to how much time, or money, other people on this board have dedicated/wasted (like it or not, some of that has been wasted... many o many of sunday afternoons. thankfully i haven't wasted $ on a jersey yet) on this team over the few decades, if not longer.

AND we got 165 rushing yards without our best lineman. The Eagles were lucky Heyer was in, they had a monster of a pass-rush before this game, they were on fire before this game, the only big play Vick had was called back on penalty and he was injured because our team came out playing more physically than the Eagles, and did so the rest of the game.

Our defense has an obvious problem stopping the dink and dump strategy, and that's all the Eagles had, so the fact that we won while they were using that, and our defense was tired says a lot to me. We would have been 0-4 by this point in the previous couple of seasons. We wouldn't have beat Dallas, we wouldn't have gone into OT with Houston (we would have been stomped), we wouldn't have come back from an 0-14 deficit against this Rams team (a team that destroyed and dominated Seattle today), and not only would we have lost to the Eagles, Kolb or Vick, but we wouldn't have knocked the starting QB out of the game because we played soft, we wouldn't have had a lead, and we would have given up big play after big play to their offense.

This team might not be what YOU expect them to be, but they are MUCH improved and did deserve this win, more than the Eagles did. It was a close game for the leading spot in the division, and we took it. That would NEVER have happenned in the past. Not to mention, we're improving weekly, rather than getting worse which is what happened with Zorn.

Win is a win. let's hope for a Giant loss.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Go BEARS! (for this week) :D

AND we got 165 rushing yards without our best lineman. The Eagles were lucky Heyer was in, they had a monster of a pass-rush before this game, they were on fire before this game, the only big play Vick had was called back on penalty and he was injured because our team came out playing more physically than the Eagles, and did so the rest of the game.

Our defense has an obvious problem stopping the dink and dump strategy, and that's all the Eagles had, so the fact that we won while they were using that, and our defense was tired says a lot to me. We would have been 0-4 by this point in the previous couple of seasons. We wouldn't have beat Dallas, we wouldn't have gone into OT with Houston (we would have been stomped), we wouldn't have come back from an 0-14 deficit against this Rams team (a team that destroyed and dominated Seattle today), and not only would we have lost to the Eagles, Kolb or Vick, but we wouldn't have knocked the starting QB out of the game because we played soft, we wouldn't have had a lead, and we would have given up big play after big play to their offense.

This team might not be what YOU expect them to be, but they are MUCH improved and did deserve this win, more than the Eagles did. It was a close game for the leading spot in the division, and we took it. That would NEVER have happenned in the past. Not to mention, we're improving weekly, rather than getting worse which is what happened with Zorn.

i was actually impressed with heyer - i believe he only had 1 (maybe 2?) penalties. I only recall one play being completely blown by him.

this team won because, like vs dallas, they were better coached. fewer penalties and fewer overall mental mistakes.

i was actually impressed with heyer - i believe he only had 1 (maybe 2?) penalties. I only recall one play being completely blown by him.

this team won because, like vs dallas, they were better coached. fewer penalties and fewer overall mental mistakes.

He had at least 3 penalties today. Hurry back Mr. Williams

The bottom line is we are 2-2 and 2-0 in the Division with a brand new QB and scheme on both sides of the ball. To be .500 and in 1st place in the division right now is far beyond anything we should have expected at this point in the season. The good news, is that we are only going to get better. People need to take a step back, and enjoy the win for once.

AMEN! Considering where I thought we'd be, we are doing really good. We beat a division rival and are leading our division! We should all be partying our asses off!

clearly you haven't read a single post. id idn't say we should have lost, the OP did. in fact, I said 'We Almost Lost' would be a much more fitting title.

I didn't say we're going to lose next week at all.

every team has a chance every week. thats why the NFL is great, and thats why they play the game.

of course i'm happy they're #1 in the NFE. Thats all that ****ing matters. I'm happy they're 2-0 in a division they went 0-6 in last year. I'm super happy with the overall direction of the team.

But I'll be damned if this isn't the same goddamn redskins team that blows it, or wins it, in the last 5 minutes of a game - week in and week out. It's the same goddamn team tha tcan't play 60 minutes of football.

I'll enjoy the win, and I'll say they dominated the eagles for 3 quarters. But i'm not going to be so dellusional as to not see what that 4th quarter was.

My father called me and told me the same thing. He added on to it that they've been doing it for 30 years.

My wife said, with 13 seconds left - prior to the hook & ladder play - that the 'game was over'. I looked at her and laughed, and told her she hasn't watched enough redskins games. 13 seconds later we were breathing a sight of releif that they dropped the ball - not that we made a good play.

Think what you want, but you can't deny that this is the typical MO of the redskins - and there's aboslutely nothing wrong with being frustarted with it, win or lose.

to top it all of people like you come in here with this 'you're not a true fan' bull**** that is so overplayed and is completely meaningless. as if you have a clue as to how much time, or money, other people on this board have dedicated/wasted on this team over the few decades, if not longer.

if you think the redskins have been the same team for the last 30 years i don't know what to tell you. what you're asking for is impossible. since you haven't been watching football very long maybe you haven't noticed that there's quite a lot of parody in the league. let's look around the NFL this week:

49ers vs. Atlanta: a tale of two teams, atlanta is lucky to be 3-1 and 49ers are unlucky to be 0-4, guess who's happier. final score: 16-14

Bengals vs. Browns: browns better than their record, bengals worse. one still has one more in the win column over the other. final score: 23-20

Packers vs. Lions: packers have "played down" lately and lions are extremely competitive even with a backup qb, guess who's second and who's last in the division, same story as SF vs. ATL. final score: 28-26

Broncos vs. Titans: two mediocre teams, who flash and are competing for second in their divisions, maybe first if it shakes out right. final score 26-20.

Saints vs. Panthers: Same story, one shouldn't have won as many as they have, and one should have more wins. final score: 16-14

Ravens vs. Steelers: one has all the hype in the world with a new offense, one is supposed to survive until they get their qb. same record. final score 17-14

Jaguar vs. Colts: the team everyone forgets about vs. a team that always wins early and dominates (you should root for them!) oh wait, they lost. final score: 31-28

so what were you saying about close games, losing games at the last second, etc.?

just the redskins, right.

get a clue.

We should have won by more than 5 points. If McNabb hadn't have gone cold in the 2nd half, we would've won by more than 5 points.

But, I'll take the W. It is hard enough to get division road victories as it is.

Hopefully the team will begin to realize what it takes to maintain the same intensity for 4 quarters instead of 2.

I was wrong, I thought we'd get drilled. We won despite Heyer.

HTTR! Let them kick some Green Bay *** next week!

Archived