Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Should Have Lost

HSW

if you think the redskins have been the same team for the last 30 years i don't know what to tell you. what you're asking for is impossible. since you haven't been watching football very long maybe you haven't noticed that there's quite a lot of parody in the league. let's look around the NFL this week:

49ers vs. Atlanta: a tale of two teams, atlanta is lucky to be 3-1 and 49ers are unlucky to be 0-4, guess who's happier. final score: 16-14

Bengals vs. Browns: browns better than their record, bengals worse. one still has one more in the win column over the other. final score: 23-20

Packers vs. Lions: packers have "played down" lately and lions are extremely competitive even with a backup qb, guess who's second and who's last in the division, same story as SF vs. ATL. final score: 28-26

Broncos vs. Titans: two mediocre teams, who flash and are competing for second in their divisions, maybe first if it shakes out right. final score 26-20.

Saints vs. Panthers: Same story, one shouldn't have won as many as they have, and one should have more wins. final score: 16-14

Ravens vs. Steelers: one has all the hype in the world with a new offense, one is supposed to survive until they get their qb. same record. final score 17-14

Jaguar vs. Colts: the team everyone forgets about vs. a team that always wins early and dominates (you should root for them!) oh wait, they lost. final score: 31-28

so what were you saying about close games, losing games at the last second, etc.?

just the redskins, right.

get a clue.

i'm not asking them to win every game. i'm asking them to play all 4 quarters like they're actually on the field. lets not pretend that this is the first of a few times. it's litterally every single game.

and you're reponse to say that other teams do it too? awesome, sorry i want something better out of mine.

once in a while, hell 1/2 the time, i'd be happy with that. but every single game, going back decades. i was unfortunately too young to remember the last superbowl and before, but i remember everything since.

sucks you're ok with mediocrity.

and your ravens steelers is not a good comparison. that was a big defensive game, and everyone knew it going into it. they are 2 of the best defenses in the league, year in and year out. and i watched that game, it was close the whole time. neither team blew a commanding league to barely win/ almost lose.

given that, and your lack of actually reading the posts in this thread, i think you should work on getting that clue.

and while you're at it, quit putting words in my mouth. i didn't say they should have lost, and i didn't say it's just the redskins who do this. take some more time and actually read what you're responding to.

Yeah, we won and I am glad but we did not deserve it. So far the Redskins

script is: Play hard and well the first half...shut down and hide our heads up

our arse the whole second half.

Sounds like another coaching era that happened about 3 years ago.

i'm not asking them to win every game. i'm asking them to play all 4 quarters like they're actually on the field. lets not pretend that this is the first of a few times. it's litterally every single game.

and you're reponse to say that other teams do it too? awesome, sorry i want something better out of mine.

once in a while, hell 1/2 the time, i'd be happy with that. but every single game, going back decades. i was unfortunately too young to remember the last superbowl and before, but i remember everything since.

sucks you're ok with mediocrity.

and your ravens steelers is not a good comparison. that was a big defensive game, and everyone knew it going into it. they are 2 of the best defenses in the league, year in and year out. and i watched that game, it was close the whole time. neither team blew a commanding league to barely win/ almost lose.

given that, and your lack of actually reading the posts in this thread, i think you should work on getting that clue.

and while you're at it, quit putting words in my mouth. i didn't say they should have lost, and i didn't say it's just the redskins who do this. take some more time and actually read what you're responding to.

ravens vs. steelers is about a team that was supposed to be perfect this year by matching their defense with an explosive offense they dumped a ton into this year and a team that everyone said would be terrible for 4 weeks before they knew their stand in qb would go on IR and they would go with their 3rd stringer.

what i was pointing out is you have to take a win as a win. indy would rather have a win then a valiant loss.

you're so stuck on wanting to see what's not there.

this is a team that has been weakened by years of mismanagement. it's the oldest team in the nfl and it shows. we played the youngest team in the nfl and they played better late in the game. WOW, alert the presses. oldest team in league slows down and tires out while youngest team still has something left in the tank.

there's a difference between being a realist and being "ok with mediocrity"

but your lack of understanding and continual asshattery can't separate the two.

there's a great thread about this:

before the season started would you have been happy with 2-2?

well would you?

all you people saying "WE DON'T DESERVE THIS GAME" need to remember this is the NFL. it doesn't matter who deserves what, we got that freaking W. thats ALL that matters.

you people have to have something to b**** and moan about don't you? yea, i said you people.

Flip this around...had Philly completed that Hail Mary and won the game, would anyone say that they deserved to win? Really?

The Redskins outplayed the Eagles. The Redskins didn't play great and certainly let the Eagles hang around, but they outplayed Philadelphia throughout the entire game...from scoring 2 early TDs to gaining 2-3 first downs on the ground in obvious running situations which forced the Eagles to use up all of their TOs.

I understand what the OP is thinking.I think.....

If we hadn't taken Vick out,If the Eagles didnt constantly kill themselves with holding penalties,If Avant had held on to that hail mary pass,if if if if if.

If a frog had wings it wouldnt bump its arse on the ground either.

I didnt think we'd win this game either.But givin all the above we did and im glad and not gonna complain to much.

I do wish we could just put a team away for once.But that just wouldnt be our style.

Both teams played very, very poorly in the second half. I have no problem winning due to the Eagles mistakes, but at some point we need to take control of our own destiny and go out and win games ourselves.

I agree. I had a few concerns coming into this game. One was the running game which looked good today. Both Portis & Torain ran hard today. Now hopefully that will continue. My other concern was the fact that we haven't been able to finish off teams. Hopefully that will be remedy this week. My one big complant in the first half was what was Kyle Shannahan thanking calling basically a gadget play when we had 1st & goal at the 3. I could understand a play action pass.

I can't help but think how much better our offense will be when Trent Williams gets back. Heyer seemed to play decently for the first quarter then got abused the rest of the game.

But to get back on topic, yes we made it hard for ourselves in the second half on both sides of the ball, but we definitely outplayed them and came away with an earned W.

we're outscoring teams 60-27 in the first half and getting outscored 52-13 in the 2nd half.

I'm glad we won, but this is the same nonsense we've been watching for years....critical penalties in the red zone....blowing timeouts early in a half....mental mistakes at crucial times (mcnabb running out of bounds, heyer false start), and as usual, rogers dropping another critical INT.

we're outscoring teams 60-27 in the first half and getting outscored 52-13 in the 2nd half.

This team has yet to play 4 quarters of quality football in one game. To get wins in the next few weeks, we will have to do just that. Let's just take the W and get ready for Green Bay.

Anyone else noticed how there is maybe a fourth of the number of new threads started today, after win, then there has been over the last two games? Both losses. I mean it's so quiet in here. Seriously. I checked ES right after the game ended and there was nothing. We're so used to ****ing that we don't know what to do when we win. Some people stretch to find ways to ***** and moan, i.e. this thread.

The Skins fanbase is sick. At this point I seriously wouldn't give a **** if I was banned for life from this site. What would I be missing? Yeah I enjoy the draft thread, the trade rumors and the occasional x's and o's thread. But other than that? A bunch of whiney p ussies. Yawn.

Waa waa waa. STFU. Seriously. It's a game. It's a win. Enjoy it.

WOW...how do we always have someone who has to find the worst out of a good win??

We won and how didn't we deserve it? the Defense played hard and held the Iggles and knocked out Vick. The offense scored enough to win. The Iggles defense is pretty darn good too but we did what we had to against them.

Sure, no points in the second half but at the same time, no points for the Iggles....excecpt for crappy 2 min drive.

Please don't be a fan if this is the kind of post I have to view!!!

Hail to the Skins for the win!!! Woooo

G.A.C.O.L.B.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, except possibly for the tone (and even that I'm not totally against :ols:).

But if you don't think there's more to a win than just the fact that you won, I don't know what to tell you.

Just being satisfied with a win, until next Sunday rolls around, is for casual fans.

We're extreme fans. We have concerns about everything.

You're telling me you didn't have a single concern for the future, or even just next game, today, despite the fact that we won? I call bull****.

Now, I'd agree with you if you said that its fine to have those concerns and negative thoughts, but its not fine to express them the way they're generally being expressed.

People need to step it the hell up around here, at least we agree on that.

Archived