Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie would you like an extension?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Ama0WvVKs1ejIHZOBCpcU66hYDTV1ycXJaocoahj6Q9esXU-og

What is the best part of the trade we got back for Rashard's expiring contract?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfCYyVe9wtRxOs2aMF4YLtgBKdfbqcIKDOhHyAw_Gz_8UWfft-HQ

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2012 Washington Wizards...I promise Wall and Nene will both be back soon-ish to later.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7N_yhbd9KT5Xosrmu06NKC0hx6sVl7h1sWkupRMV7b1OBKL3w

Ernie, how did you dress Vesley for tonight's home opener?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuHqjf8PuzmZYnJ4e-Du1xYX8KXszLuJY0VvZdAccvM61x_stW

How do you explain the production out of Ariza and Okafor?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Upj4346rbgcEEJg7d5cWgG9W1rYxZvCq1Yq42qmj_hpRJsCpbg

Do you think your job is safe for next year?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYrJn9qN9YoC_staNL_KyCnltLrecAWXduxckwKy0e-4DYqtUz0g

Hey! Open your eyes! Why are you asking me to play paper football and kick the FG?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaZevnjHJ6xDfOdc-WUGtgqZYX3R6VW5fdTzzTea3Ya7CYaAZq8A

Show me your highest quality trophy earned while being an NBA exec!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT37TOSm5UvTBpG7byfQbjFpRmoZtKnrR-911bCgnZGh23fJW5x

What's that you say? 28th place in the Exec of the Year award?

ernie-grunfeld-smiling-07-150.jpg

You're fired

grunfeld_670_100623_display_image.jpg?1303784979

3rx2uj.jpg

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

I'm not saying I'm rooting for him to get hurt, but if Andray Blatche blows out his knee I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

I'm with you, **** that dude and all he stands for

Edited by StillUnknown

Wow. That's gotta be pushing some other records. What's the biggest lead any team has ever had in a game?

Kinda cool to see the scoring numbers change in the play by play.

The 64-24 advantage was the fifth-biggest halftime lead in NBA's shot clock era and the largest since Golden State set the record with an 88-41 edge on Sacramento on Nov. 2, 1991, according to STATS.

Putting that aside for a minute cause we know how bad the Wiz are: it was 82-29. I have never seen a score like that in an NBA in my lifetime.

I live in Charlotte and I was driving back home tonight and got into town at about 9. I passed a billboard with a SportsSouth ad that has the real-time Bobcats score on it when they are playing. I just stared at it. I could not believe that it was real.

I wonder how annoyed Ted is getting behind the scenes? He has to realize that his plan is in the process of blowing up in his face.

That plan blew up in his face a long time ago. This team entered NBA purgatory the second he allowed Ernie to make the Nene and Okariza trade.

Now we deal with a **** team for two years with no hope beyond it.

That plan blew up in his face a long time ago. This team entered NBA purgatory the second he allowed Ernie to make the Nene and Okariza trade.

Now we deal with a **** team for two years with no hope beyond it.

Purgatory would be an improvement.

We're cellar dwelling but we don't see any benefit from all of the high picks we make because we can't develop them.

Whose career are we going to ruin with the next top six pick we make?

We'll finish with the worst or second worst record this year and end up picking third or fourth. DX has a guy named Rudy Gobert ranked as their fourth best prospect. Can there be any doubt he's our guy? Rudy, stay in Europe or prepare yourself for four or five years of Hell until you can escape us.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

It's important that Ted completely cleans house ASAP. We're going to get another very high draft pick this offseason, be the favorites to pick first overall. Ernie can not be the one who makes that selection, and more importantly, his regime can not be the first ones to get their hands on that prospect and ruin him.

We need to get our ducks in a row before the summer to start picking up the pieces of this disaster.

I'm not saying I'm rooting for him to get hurt, but if Andray Blatche blows out his knee I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

what a bama thing to say.

Blatche is a dick, but there is truth to what he said about the organization.

And lets also be real that a lot of fans, including myself, gave him some abuse on twitter too. So now we have to be adults and accept that he can speak back too.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 01:34 AM ----------

interesting question posed on another board I post on:

Would any of us be upset if the Wizards moved to Seattle or Louisville or some other market and the NBA promised us a team back within 3 years? We can keep the NBA title and history, but the name would be in another city?

Would that upset anyone? I honestly cant say it would upset me, and if those cities wanted this franchise, I would drive he moving truck. Starting over would be so good.

Who would be the owner?

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 03:10 AM ----------

There probably isn't going to be a better owner for the team out there than Ted. Who else has the money that knows basketball?

Ted will be alright when he cleans the damn house. It wouldn't surprise me if you saw immediate benefits from doing so.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 03:15 AM ----------

Blatche is a turd. Taking shots at the team you stole money from? He should be thanking his lucky stars we were stupid enough to pay his dumb ass. He should be sending Ernie X-mas cards for the rest of his life.

Would any of us be upset if the Wizards moved to Seattle or Louisville or some other market and the NBA promised us a team back within 3 years? We can keep the NBA title and history, but the name would be in another city?

I would have paid money for someone to take the wizards name away from us like 6 years ago. Im for it. As long as we keep the Bullets name and logo

This is salt in the wound and should grind EVERYONE'S gears...

andray blatche ‏@drayblatche

Idc wat a wiz fan say yes I was outta shape Ill give yal that but no body n that organization tried to help me with

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

8h andray blatche andray blatche ‏@drayblatche

Feels good to be part of a winning organization

Expand

The audacity of this fat slob. SMH.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 08:14 AM ----------

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 01:34 AM ----------

[/color]interesting question posed on another board I post on:

Would that upset anyone? I honestly cant say it would upset me, and if those cities wanted this franchise, I would drive he moving truck. Starting over would be so good.

It's funny you bring this up. I would be pretty ticked, but DC needs basketball. As bad as this team is, there would be a void in the city from not having a pro team. I'm a fan of the team and always will be, but my patience is being tested. Even as a die-hard O's fan, I can't honestly remember things being THIS bad. There were never promises of being better than the previous year. You just accepted the fact that the team would suck and that was that. We've been fed the blueprint of the rebuilding plan going on 3 years now with NO improvement. This team has no vision or direction. I said before that if John Wall decides to leave, I'd support his decision 100%. He deserves better. ****, the fans deserve better.

We are now more of a laughing stock than ever. The front office is losing this fanbase by the day. SOMETHING needs to be done. Whether it's firing Ernie to show you're at least somewhat cognizant of the mistakes that he's made, or by shaking up the roster - how, I don't know.

As SM said, Ted will be fine when he cleans house. We have too many guys left over from a losing regime and that needs to change ASAP. I understand Ted's loyalty, but enough is enough.

Yeah it'd be awful to have no NBA team to root for. I think the fact I still try and watch every game with a team this bad is a testament to how much I crave the game. College BBall just doesn't do it for me. My alma mater is never on TV and I don't get a chance to go and see them in person much.

NBA games aren't broadcast frequently enough for me to stay as tuned in to the league if I didn't have a local team to cheer for.

Plus I just need a favorite team to root for. I don't really like being a general fan of a league. If I didn't have the Wiz I would have to artificially choose a team like the Spurs or Mavs or Bulls most likely. Maybe the Thunder. I hardly get any of their games.

Va Beach is mulling over building an arena to maybe get an NBA team. They've been linked to a relocation from the Kings. I doubt I would switch my fanhood to them even though it'd be a stone's throw away. Not with the Maloofs in charge. That'd be like going from one abusive boyfriend to the next. They are easily worse than Ted. There are no better options than the Wizards out there for me right now.

I see the Redskins turning it around and the Nats are on the way. I expect each to win a championship within the next decade. I wonder if I'm going to have a championship NBA team to root for in my lifetime?

So I guess we really do suck.

I don't think they had much choice. Combine the injuries to a retread coach that failed miserably his last time at the helm with a talent poor team to begin with and you have a recipe for suck.

Wizards never really stood a chance this year.

Yeah it'd be awful to have no NBA team to root for.

I wonder if I'm going to have a championship NBA team to root for in my lifetime?

We practically don't have an NBA team to root for as they stand.

When I witnessed the back to back Finals in 77-78 and 78-79, I was sure one day they'd get back. 33 years later....

what'd he say?

this is also from last night

I loathe this man...straight up.

A whole bunch of nothing. Pretty much just said that everything was the organizations fault and they never had his back. I'm sure they will put the interview up on their website.

Edited by spjunkies

A whole bunch of nothing. Pretty much just said that everything was the organizations fault and they never had his back. I'm sure they will put the interview up on their website.

I'm guessing they'll have a recap of the interview on BF later on.

Dude on RealGM who sits near Leonsis said that he was visably pissed last night. Change(s) might be coming. Hopefully.

*Why doesnt hands11 post here anymore? I see him on realGM all the time, but I was wondering why he split from ES?