Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll give Beal credit when he plays like he did against the bucks. I'll refuse to look for silver linings when he looks passive as he has tonight. If it makes you feel better you can point out he's 19 or some other excuse if you like.

He's looked like crap at the end of the game. How many big shots has he missed? Was he the guy that missed the three and then got stripped with the ball under the basket that later was thrown off nene? Yes yes he's 19 and hey he got his own rebound! Awesome.

c'mon now. I dont rate Beal that high and really dont think he was the right pick for us, but you are going over the top here. You dont think he that good and deserved to be picked that high, we get it.

There are a lot of other bad pieces with this team, Id rather not pick on the rookie, even if I do agree that he was overhyped and will not be the impact player many fans expect.

Since the Wiz suck and we will all repeat the same things, from a basketball strategy stand point if your Charlotte, why would you have Walker make the 2nd free throw at the end after missing the first? If he misses, it becomes a full court heave if you even get the shot off. By making it, they were still only up two and we were taking a three regardless and ended up with a decent look after the inbound pass. Am I missing something?

Since the Wiz suck and we will all repeat the same things, from a basketball strategy stand point if your Charlotte, why would you have Walker make the 2nd free throw at the end after missing the first? If he misses, it becomes a full court heave if you even get the shot off. By making it, they were still only up two and we were taking a three regardless and ended up with a decent look after the inbound pass. Am I missing something?

Kemba loves to get buckets

3-12, whether he's 19 or not, can't happen. He has to find a way to hit the open shots he's getting. Just an unimpressive game all around. When he's not bricking a shot, he's standing in the corner doing nothing of note.

At least he played good defense and rebounded. I'm sure that's the only reason he was in the game.

Are Wizards' practices open? I'd love to see how they run them. I just don't feel like our players ever know how to handle pressure in any phase of the game. Big moments scare them.

It gets old hearing Buck and Phil and all the post-game shows saying the same things over and over. "You gotta give the Wizards credit..."... "When Wall and Nene get fully healthy...", etc.

I never thought it'd be possible but this season is actually harder to watch than last season.

Beal is the least of my worries. He's got a bright future ahead of him. His age IS a factor in his "rawness." He'll be OK in due time.

Other than that, this team is a mess. This is all EG's doing. I defended the Ariza/Okafor trade when it went down, but this is looking worse and worse by the day. Wittman needs an 8-10 man rotation? Here it is:

C - Seraphin

PF - Nene

SF - Webster

SG - Crawford

PG - Livingston

Bench

Singleton

Beal

Price

Okafor

Ariza (Booker when he gets back)

I don't want to see Vesely on the floor anymore for the rest of the season.

*What realistic trade proposals could happen? There needs to be some sort of shake up...maybe someone would bite on Ves or Booker in a deal. Bottom line, this team is God awful and will be lucky to win 10 games this year with the roster/braintrust that it has.

Edited by RonArtest15

I honestly don't believe another lottery pick is going to "fix" this team. It's obviously bigger then that, and that's what disturbs me so much about this. I don't even want to look at mock drafts right now, I just want to get a W for crying out loud...

Edited by Renegade7

I honestly don't believe another lottery pick is going to "fix" this team. It's obviously bigger then that, and that's what disturbs me so much about this. I don't even want to look at mock drafts right now, I just want to get a W for crying out loud...

It might... Three years from now. See the chatter about Bashful Beal only being 19? Lottery picks are young and take time. Each time you rely on one you're pushing back the time table. That is why I didn't want Beal here. Depending on a rookie meant the team was not serious about winning this season. The wizards needed to make a win now move to go with nene and wall IMO and they were out there and available. They also needed to get rid of Grunfeld. We went full rebuild mode and pushed the date we'd have cap room back two years instead.

Ted Leonsis IMO is targeting the 2014-15 season as the real turn around year. Grunfeld and Wittman expire. Most of the team will be up for new contracts, most notably Okariza. Beal will be in year three. If Wall is still around maybe the team will be good. Until then this team is bag of crap unless the plan changes.

It might... Three years from now. See the chatter about Bashful Beal only being 19? Lottery picks are young and take time. Each time you rely on one you're pushing back the time table. That is why I didn't want Beal here. Depending on a rookie meant the team was not serious about winning this season. The wizards needed to make a win now move to go with nene and wall IMO and they were out there and available. They also needed to get rid of Grunfeld. We went full rebuild mode and pushed the date we'd have cap room back two years instead.

Ted Leonsis IMO is targeting the 2014-15 season as the real turn around year. Grunfeld and Wittman expire. Most of the team will be up for new contracts, most notably Okariza. Beal will be in year three. If Wall is still around maybe the team will be good. Until then this team is bag of crap unless the plan changes.

We've been rebuilding since before I was born, tho :cry:

I don't want draft picks if we're going to pick busts or trade them away for scrubs. What's the point???

I hate how Beal is playing, but I'd still pick him 10 times out of 10. The only other player you could make an argument for would be Barnes (without the benefit of hindsight), and while he's playing well, I wouldn't change my mind just yet.

That said, it is alarming the lack of skill Beal has offensively. If his shot isn't falling he doesn't have the handles nor quickness to get by his defender and when he does get to the basket, he doesn't finish. Moral of the story, he needs to start hitting shots.

Edited by MonkFan8

I hate how Beal is playing, but I'd still pick him 10 times out of 10. The only other player you could make an argument for would be Barnes (without the benefit of hindsight), and while he's playing well, I wouldn't change my mind just yet.

That said, it is alarming the lack of skill Beal has offensively. If his shot isn't falling he doesn't have the handles nor quickness to get by his defender and when he does get to the basket, he doesn't finish. Moral of the story, he needs to start hitting shots.

how can you say this when Dion Waiters is playing better than both? *hindsight obvs*

in fact the surprise with Waiters is that he a really good shooter, but struggles a bit finishing around the basket.

Drummond playing well too

its still early days, but some of these other rookies are playing better.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

how can you say this when Dion Waiters is playing better than both? *hindsight obvs*

in fact the surprise with Waiters is that he a really good shooter, but struggles a bit finishing around the basket.

Drummond playing well too

its still early days, but some of these other rookies are playing better.

He's the next Ray Allen. You'd be crazy to draft anyone else.

but Harden has good reason for that while Beal doesn't. Beal sucks!!! ;)

Harden needs to pick it up. His struggles shooting and turning it over are really starting to piss me off. He was my big ticket player in my fantasy auction. His rebounding and passing and volume scoring are the only thing making it work out. What happened to the high efficiency player we saw last year?

Beal better become a lights-out shooter because all he does is camp out behind the 3 pt line and wait for someone to feed him the ball.

I think when Wall gets back, this team can start winning games. They may still not be playoff material but they will be able to handle some of the weaker teams.