Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You are Trippin with a capital T if want Ben Simmons while blasting Spencer for not being aggressive enough.  I remember one play in the playoffs Ben was directly under the basket and was so scared to shoot he still passed it. 

His confidence is shattered and hasn't played since, I wouldn't want him here without at least seeing if he's snapped out of it on the court.  I'm against seeing if a change of scenery helps him, im convinced he needs a change of profession. 

There's no way in hell I take that contract in exchange for our best trade asset in Beal, aim higher.

if the Wiz can't get a bunch of picks

I don't particularly want Simmons, but if...the Wiz need to come away with a valuable asset. Simmons would still be that. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Hersh I'm getting to the point I dislike Beal almost as much as I despised Blatche.  Your last post fuels that, I need to logoff now.

Beal doing that then getting scored on just blows my mind. Talk to the kid after the game. Good gracious. 

Just now, Hersh said:

if the Wiz can't get a bunch of picks

I don't particularly want Simmons, but if...the Wiz need to come away with a valuable asset. Simmons would still be that

1149385353_giphy(91).gif.801bf9574626e3e3a6b7a6c292906384.gif

He's not playing basketball, why trade for a player that is not playing basketball?

This is a trillion solar masses bad idea, you don't need the James Webb Telescope to tell you that, you can see it with the naked eye.

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The final score is misleading. It was 130-111 with 2 or 3 minutes left.  Maybe the Wiz have better depth, but defense is the problem and none of those guys plays stellar defense. As you noted early, the wiz shot almost 60% from the field in the first half, including 6-12 from three and were losing by 7. 

the point remains, their bench outscored ours by 22.  We should have several guys that can score in double digits that aren’t playing and we’re forced to rely on guys like Kispert and Deni far too much for offense.  They aren’t ready for that.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

How about this?:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y43sx7ee

Hield/Halliburton/Bagley + a 1st for Beal/Bryant

or this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeucyrog

Lillard/Nurkic for Beal/Bertans

Why would either team do those trades with the Wiz? 

plus, the Wiz would be dumb to trade Beal for Lillard. Dude is 3 years older and is on a super max. 

35 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Why would either team do those trades with the Wiz? 

Because I said so.

Kings are looking to unload Hield and would get a star for their crazy owner to try to build around De'Aaron Fox...we'd get to correct our mistake in the draft passing over Halliburton.

I'd take De'Aaron Fox instead of Halliburton too.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/nba-trade-rumors-kings-deaaron-fox-tyrese-haliburton-ben-simmons-tyrese-maxey-daryl-morey/

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Rui is back. 

Some of the lineups being thrown on the court by the Wiz....Nothing like having to get playing time for 4 PFs. It's gonna be ridiculous in a bad way when TB and Harrell are back. 

Cool, im jus getting home, so im defiently watching the recording of this one.

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ummmm dude, it's a job that you have to do for 6-7 months out of the year. Whatever, I hope he figured out whatever needed to be figured out.

Burned out playing basketball by age 23 isn't a good sign. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love when millionaires talk about getting burned out playing a game. 

I'm being a tad facetious cuz we all have our own stuff to deal with, but still that is pretty lame. I'm burned out on life but I keep going, just like billions of other people in the world.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I would guess saying they only play the game for 6 months is a sever understatement.  It is not like they can stop training/rehabbing their body during the other 6 months.  The mental grind to stay on top of one's game has to be enormous.  Lord knows I get on them for not being able to make free throws.  Don't they have time to practice those?  If not they should.

As for Rui, I believe he had some international obligations too where he took some harsh press from his home country (from memory so could be mistaken).  I get thinking he is lucky to play a game for a living.  He is, but if you think one can stay in the league thinking they are just playing a game rather than putting in the time like it is a job, I think you are likely mistaken.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbear said:

I would guess saying they only play the game for 6 months is a severe understatement.  It is not like they can stop training/rehabbing their body during the other 6 months.  The mental grind to stay on top of one's game has to be enormous.  Lord knows I get on them for not being able to make free throws.  Don't they have time to practice those?  If not they should.

As for Rui, I believe he had some international obligations too where he took some harsh press from his home country (from memory so could be mistaken).  I get thinking he is lucky to play a game for a living.  He is, but if you think one can stay in the league thinking they are just playing a game rather than putting in the time like it is a job, I think you are likely mistaken.  

With respect, Rui has already made a minimum of $9 million dollars. The amount of assistance he can get with that money, both for mental health help and for staying in shape, eating healthy, etc., isn't comparable to any other job in the world. In general, these athletes have the luxury of hiring help to raise kids so they can go to the gym and work out or go workout on the court they built at home. (to be clear, I'm talking about NBA players) I don't think anyone begrudges him for wanting time off, feeling pressure or even needing a break. It's just that 99.9999 percent of us don't get these same luxuries of being off for months while also collecting huge amounts of money. 

• Like 1