Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Quite a coicidence he would make a comment like that and Porter's father went to jail for shooting someone and was also shot. I don't know the guy, seems like a mistake though.

If Glenn were known for off color or edgy humor in the past I might think he said it on purpose, but he’s a basketball nerd.  Years of hearing him on the radio broadcast has me convinced that he drives his family insane with basketball metaphors.  The sort of guy more likely to not get the joke, than to make it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I love how Lebron always has the wrong hot takes :ols:

why is Lebron even touching this one?  He’s taking time to demand that a radio color commentator be banished from basketball over a faux pas.  Is he going to stick his head into the break room next and glare at the marketing team next?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

why is Lebron even touching this one?  He’s taking time to demand that a radio color commentator be banished from basketball over a faux pas.  Is he going to stick his head into the break room next and glare at the marketing team next?  

because he’s bad at trying to be whatever it is he’s trying to be 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This Consor thing feels like it's gone on a full 24 hours longer than is warranted.  Why on earth would he have any idea what happened to Kevin Porter's dad in 1993, like that's common knowledge.  And then make a crack that is mocking the murder incident in question.  I mean, I don't know, maybe they get bios on the opposing players, by why would that be in it?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Because LeBron is trying to be "woke" but don't talk to him about China.

100% my issue. He can swallow his tongue when it comes to China and the vaccine, but he will jump into the pool two feet first and no flotation devices when it comes to stupid, overblown **** like this :ols: 

This is why so many people can't stand him.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Everything about him comes across as fake. This is just one example. 

i feel bad for this guy. I think the accusation, on its own, is just absurd. You need to show me a pattern of behavior. And you certainly can’t have well respected peers going public with “this is bogus” tweets. 

very unfair to be put in that position. 

• Like 1

To be fair to LeBron, dude has done a lot of good too. He might've gone a little far on this one one but it's better than dudes that stay silent on everything. 

and don't make me defend LeBron again. 

• Haha 5

I missed the first Chicago game, and didn't watch the recording because we lost.

So this is my first time getting a good look at the Bulls this year.

Their guard depth is jus completely unfair.  You have to come correct against a team like that, and we did not. I stepped away to talk my wife about something and came back to see them with 130. 😐

Now I want to rewatch the game in DC to see what miracle happened to keep it that close in the first match-up.  I really thought if we did it once we could do it again.  But again, Chicago has more depth in their backcourt then some have in their whole team. Tall order. 

I’ll say again, the injury situation for the wizards is frustrating.  We got beat by a deep bulls team that we should be deeper than… because their bench beat us like a drum.  

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’ll say again, the injury situation for the wizards is frustrating.  We got beat by a deep bulls team that we should be deeper than… because their bench beat us like a drum.  

They have a much better guard/SF rotation and they are also without Patrick Williams up front. 

As much as I don't like how Ben Simmons reacted to the 76ers, if the Wiz can't get a bunch of picks, I would take Simmons and their rookie Springer, for Beal right now. 

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They have a much better guard/SF rotation and they are also without Patrick Williams up front. 

As much as I don't like how Ben Simmons reacted to the 76ers, if the Wiz can't get a bunch of picks, I would take Simmons and their rookie Springer, for Beal right now. 

They have a better starting SF and backup G.  We should have much better depth along the front court with Harrel, Rui, Bryant, and Kuzma.  

Their bench just outscored ours by 29-52 in a game decided by eight points.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

They have a better starting SF and backup G.  We should have much better depth along the front court with Harrel, Rui, Bryant, and Kuzma.  

Their bench just outscored ours by 29-52 in a game decided by eight points.

The final score is misleading. It was 130-111 with 2 or 3 minutes left.  Maybe the Wiz have better depth, but defense is the problem and none of those guys plays stellar defense. As you noted early, the wiz shot almost 60% from the field in the first half, including 6-12 from three and were losing by 7. 

19 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You are Trippin with a capital T if want Ben Simmons while blasting Spencer for not being aggressive enough.  I remember one play in the playoffs Ben was directly under the basket and was so scared to shoot he still passed it. 

His confidence is shattered and hasn't played since, I wouldn't want him here without at least seeing if he's snapped out of it on the court.  I'm against seeing if a change of scenery helps him, im convinced he needs a change of profession. 

There's no way in hell I take that contract in exchange for our best trade asset in Beal, aim higher.

• BRAVEONAWARPATH changed the title to The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc