Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

100% agree but the point remains. Given the entire season and what the Wiz have not been the last few years, how does a GM think now is the time to invest $240 million in Beal?

I’m hoping the GM is talking Beal into doing a three year deal with a third year option.  A Lebron “show me” type deal.

58 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m hoping the GM is talking Beal into doing a three year deal with a third year option.  A Lebron “show me” type deal.

If were Beal, I'd tell them to cram it with walnuts to that offer. 

I think Ted is desperate for his career Wizard. His Ovie or even a Backstrom. So even if Sheppard or Wes Jr. say Beal isn't the guy to build around and he takes away too many potential resources to build. He'll push that max deal offer. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If you were Beal, would you do that? I wouldn't. 

If I was Beal faced with a shorter term deal here, that gives me wide control of my future, or becoming a second star somewhere else for an extra year of contract, I’d consider it.  Life is a lot different when you’re in the second chair and he’s already been through that.  I don’t think Beal wants to be a sidekick again. 

i suspect he’d prefer the supermax deal, who wouldn’t, but there’s only one team that can give him that.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:37 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If were Beal, I'd tell them to cram it with walnuts to that offer. 

I think Ted is desperate for his career Wizard. His Ovie or even a Backstrom. So even if Sheppard or Wes Jr. say Beal isn't the guy to build around and he takes away too many potential resources to build. He'll push that max deal offer. 

Its blasphemy to mention Beal in the same sentence as Ovi. Or even Backstrom for that matter.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Straight up, if we end up in a Kyrie type situation with Beal because he won't get vaxxed, we have to trade him.  You can't build your team around a player that can only play away games.

How many teams would actually trade for an unvaxxed guy? Him getting vaccinated increases his trade value. 

45 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How many teams would actually trade for an unvaxxed guy? Him getting vaccinated increases his trade value. 

A team in a city not implementing these restrictions and likely won't is a good start.  I'm not convinced Brooklyn was serious about trading Kyrie versus jus waiting this out to see what happened.  Eventually lost patience and caved to him playing on the road for them, that could be us, I dont want that to be us, its fn nuts.

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I feel like the NBA this year is all sorts of ****ed up (sort of like the entire nation). Doesn't feel like a real season. Don't get me wrong though, glad they are out there playing. 

This season is just a question of which team has more players available.