Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Rui looks like a guy that hasn’t been practicing.  It isn’t pretty, but hopefully he finds his legs again now that he’s back in it.

Nice to have Harrell back out there.  Really missed him.

Kispert is getting destroyed on the defensive end but I like him on the offensive end.

Beal being out sucks.  We need to pile up some wins in this “easy” stretch.

Having Dani, Harrell, Rui, and Kuz on the floor at the same time is very interesting to see. 

Those guys are pretty big and talented in their on respects.

All the sudden I have a different type of respect for the team Shep tried to put together.

If we lose this damn game on a buzzer beater…. 

Wizards up three on a bull**** banked in three with 30 seconds left.  

edit: Announcers really dogging the defense for giving Dort a deep catch and turn three?  He didn’t even catch it facing the basket.  Isn’t that the shot we want?

Edited by Destino

26 minutes ago, Destino said:

21-20 at the halfway mark, considering how many players have been out isn’t bad.  Hopefully we can get healthy now.  Rui is back, TB is close, and there are no major injuries.  

TB is supposed to play tomorrow, I think. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Giddy is basically what everyone projected Deni to be....and Deni will never be that

Dude is really damn good. Deni will never be close to what Giddey will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Giddy is basically what everyone projected Deni to be....and Deni will never be that

Giddy isn’t that yet either.  His shooting numbers are also atrocious.  Under 30% from three, under 40% from the field, and under 70% from the charity stripe.  

The real difference between them on offense is that Giddy has handles and Deni does not.  Worse yet, he can barely use his left.  Hard to create anything on a basketball court when you can’t dribble the ball.  He really needs to spend this summer working on nothing but that left hand and his three ball.  

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Dinwiddie needs to stop doing **** like this. 

Dribbling out the shot clock for no damn reason just to pass it to a teammate that has to frantically put up a shot is bull****.  

Passing the ball to Kuzma on the last possession was a head scratcher. 

Nice to see a relatively easy win.  Especially on the second night of a back to back.

Having three centers looked nice.  They were fresh all night.  

Kuzma continued looking great.  

Kispert looks real comfortable as an NBA starter.  Can’t say I expected that, I thought he’d be a a spot up shooter that embarrassed himself otherwise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Nice to see a relatively easy win.  Especially on the second night of a back to back.

Having three centers looked nice.  They were fresh all night.  

Kuzma continued looking great.  

Kispert looks real comfortable as an NBA starter.  Can’t say I expected that, I thought he’d be a a spot up shooter that embarrassed himself otherwise.  

Kispert cuts well without the ball.  But he passed up a three at the end of the game where Kuzma was trying to get a triple-double.  That was hilarious.  Though it’s good that he was gunning for this assists because he was finding open guys for easy buckets.

They gave on look where they had Bryant, Bertans and Kispert on the floor together.  I’d like to see them go with that paired with Rui and Beal.

Beal, Kispert, Rui, Bertans and Bryant as a unit would give up 135 points in 20 minutes. We saw a couple of games ago when Bertans hit a few threes and the team was still outscored while he was on the court. 

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal, Kispert, Rui, Bertans and Bryant as a unit would give up 135 points in 20 minutes. We saw a couple of games ago when Bertans hit a few threes and the team was still outscored while he was on the court. 

Yeah that’s a defensive nightmare.  Beal is the only average defender on the list. 

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

They gave on look where they had Bryant, Bertans and Kispert on the floor together.  I’d like to see them go with that paired with Rui and Beal.

I’d like to see some big lineups.  Big teams have given us fits this season and now we have options.  With Bryant being a shooter you might be able to get away with playing him and Gafford/Harrell if the opposing team goes big at the 4 and 5.  Won’t be able to switch on defense well, but neither would a team that goes big so that’s a wash.  

I wish Rui looked better because I still want to see him and Kuzma at the forward spots to give us some size.  Rui physically looks fine, but he’s coasting out there and often lost.  I’m worried that he’s not going to be the player we remember this season, and forget him taking a 3rd year leap.  Sad to see it.

• BRAVEONAWARPATH changed the title to The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc