Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

the only possible way that’s true is if he was gonna play only because the Wiz were missing so many players. In other words, if they had a full team, he wouldn’t have played. Having said that, it all seems like BS and a cover for Rui.

• Thanks 1

i just don't understand how you can review fouls or even retract fouls as if this were a "fumble or no fumble" situation in the NFL

it's not the same thing

you can't review ****ing calls like that in basketball, it doesn't work that way

IS THIS OFFENSIVE OR DEFENSIVE? it's usually straight forward. reviewing slows the game down and is rarely beneficial

these bamas challenging like they ron rivera

no it doesn't work like what. why would you challenge? just a waste of time

Unless you're reviewing time left stop wasting time and play ball.

• Confused 1

Also aware my comment regarding the asinine ability to review fouls in the NBA as if it were possession in football was for a call that Deni ended up fouling out on, but I still think it's stupid that coaches can even challenge referee calls on the court. What purpose does this serve?

Reviews should be strictly limited to time on buzzer beaters and should not be started by a coach.

Edited by ixcuincle

Man, I was so ready to watch the recording of this game when I got home until my wife looked on her bleacher report app and told me we lost on the way home. 

Good thing we play them again relatively soon, playing them that close mean we can beat them. 

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 1

We gave a very good team everything they could handle and sometimes last second shots beat you.  That’s just basketball.  Still stings though doesn’t it?

A few things I didn’t like.  Kispert guarding Derozan on that last second shot?  Kispert is amongst the teams worst defenders.  The other was leaving Gill in for Gafford.  Bulls got a momentum boosting rebound off a missed free throw because of that.  Also I’m not a fan of closing out games you’re winning with your defense crippled.  I like Gill… but that decision was madness.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Destino said:

A few things I didn’t like.  Kispert guarding Derozan on that last second shot?  Kispert is amongst the teams worst defenders.  The other was leaving Gill in for Gafford.  Bulls got a momentum boosting rebound off a missed free throw because of that.  Also I’m not a fan of closing out games you’re winning with your defense crippled.  I like Gill… but that decision was madness.  

All of this and that's on WUJ. Kispert has no business being on the floor on the last play. 

Gafford shouldve been in the game the last few minutes.........and Kispert should not have been in that last play guarding DeRozan. Kispert hustles hard, but he's not athletically gifted and he's kind of on the smaller side. 2-3 better options at minimum on the bench. 

And as usual we're trash from the line. Not a shocker we loss by one ****ing point......

13 hours ago, Destino said:

what makes him a polarizing figure?  

He's kind of got a "**** it I'm going deep" play style that can be awesome when he's on fire and irritating when he's not.

He goes hard on the boards, which I like.  There is a fine line between playing beneficial overconfident high risk basketball and harmful overconfident high risk basketball and it comes down to total effort and picking your spots to help your teammates rather than alienate them.