Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s always a good plan to have Neto win a jump ball and have KCP hit a turnaround three.

WUJ is essentially forced to play Neto because too many of these guys can’t dribble, and Dinwiddie is playing horribly.  Can’t just have one guy on the floor that can move with the basketball.  Hopefully Spencer fights off his demons and Rui comes back looking good.  Won’t need Neto to win jump ball in the 4th anymore.

Speaking of dribbling, Deni needs a left hand badly.  He still only drives right.  He played very well tonight but that man needs to spend some time in the lab this off-season.  

was glad to see Deni close this game.  His defense is important.

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

Especially when your starting point guard ends the game with zero points.  

Dude has fallen off a cliff completely. 

Wiz might actually win two in a row if Nets are forced to play Tuesday. They got everyone out. 

In the off-season wizards fans were mixed on Deni.  30 games into this season he’s a fan favorite.  Even has Beal throwing up the X.  WUJ had him on the court to finish the game tonight and put him on DMitch.  Think about the amount of confidence a coach has to have in a 2nd year player to do that.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 12/19/2021 at 12:33 AM, CRobi21 said:

This was posted earlier today. What are the odds this is about Dinwiddie not liking the way he's being used. He was the man when Beal was out, but has just been going through the motions (if that) when he got back.

Was thinking about this and I wonder if Shep is smart enough to be proactive and trade a couple guys if Rui and TB return. If they are complaining about shots already, just wait. 

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Was looking at the splits between the first 16 games and the next 16 games for Kuzma and Harrell and they are stark.  I guess the honeymoon officially ended with them a month ago, and those overachieving performances were the main reasons why the team was overachieving.

It’s a mixed bag of overachieving and underachieving.  Beal was garbage early, but he’s come back to what’s average for him this last week.  Average for Beal being ~30ppg.  Harrell was playing out of his mind early, and that was never sustainable, but Dinwiddie has now also fallen off of a cliff.  No reason to expect him to average single digits forever.  The teams three point shooting, including Kuzma, is well below average for them as well.  

I don’t think either the fast start or this subsequent nose dive are representative of this team.  Unless guys start getting injured I think the wizards will be much better the second half of the season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

It’s a mixed bag of overachieving and underachieving.  Beal was garbage early, but he’s come back to what’s average for him this last week.  Average for Beal being ~30ppg.  Harrell was playing out of his mind early, and that was never sustainable, but Dinwiddie has now also fallen off of a cliff.  No reason to expect him to average single digits forever.  The teams three point shooting, including Kuzma, is well below average for them as well.  

I don’t think either the fast start or this subsequent nose dive are representative of this team.  Unless guys start getting injured I think the wizards will be much better the second half of the season.  

I could see that.  Or at least I hope that I will see that happen.  It never felt right that this team could be seeded higher than the Nets/Heat/Bucks/76ers, but it does feel like they're capable of making the playoffs as a road seed.  They have depth and it should be a factor at some point in the regular season, especially when we hit the February doldrums.

What I'm curious to see is if the Cavs and Bulls ever come back down to Earth like we did.  DeRozan and Jarrett Allen are playing out of their minds too right?

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I could see that.  Or at least I hope that I will see that happen.  It never felt right that this team could be seeded higher than the Nets/Heat/Bucks/76ers, but it does feel like they're capable of making the playoffs as a road seed.  They have depth and it should be a factor at some point in the regular season, especially when we hit the February doldrums.

What I'm curious to see is if the Cavs and Bulls ever come back down to Earth like we did.  DeRozan and Jarrett Allen are playing out of their minds too right?

I think the Bulls are legitimately good.  Cavs will fall to earth.

The concern I have is that with a stronger East, the wizards could easily dig a hole too deep to climb out of.  WUJ needs to find a way to tough out wins before the team hits their stride.  

19 hours ago, Destino said:

He’s been with the team for three months and still can’t go a full practice?  

Yeah, this is odd.

From various reports Rui had an "emotional situation"....yet the Wizards are treating this as if he's physically hurt.

At this point I'm not counting on seeing him this season.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Regarding Beal, can we do a sign and trade with him in the offseason?  From what I understand, we’re the team that can pay him the most.  Could we come to an agreement where he gets his money and leaves, but we get compensation?

Then could we go after Ayton?

Yes, we can.