Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Glad we won, but Im going to say something that wont be popular here. But I absolutely HATE Bradley Beals approach to the game. Dont know if Ive ever seen a basketball player who laughs and jokes throughout games as much as he does. Its like him and Wall had this juvenile approach to the game, and when Wall left, Beal still had it. We're 3 games down, fighting to stay alive with Embiid & Simmons out of a lot of the game, and this dude Beal is cracking up laughing damner every time the camera is on him. Its playoff time, we're losing to a Embiid less Sixers team, and this guys on the free throw line cracking jokes, cheesing.

Beal can score his ass off, but someone needs to tell him that he aint Mike or Kobe....He that he still has a lot left to accomplish in this league.Beals a Top 2-3 scorer in this league, but he aint a Top 10 NBA player. Swear Im not trying to be grumpy old man, but there's a reason Jayson Tatum eats his lunch every time they play. And after the loss, Beal is there hugging and cracking up laughing with him, like he could give two ****s about the game he just loss. I'd trade Beal for Tatum any day of the week.

I dont expect him to be stone face all game, have fun, but ****.....

27 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Miss me with that Beal slander.

He keeps it loose.  So do I.  Y’all should try that approach.

And that's why this team is always some ****. Ive been loose for 30+ years as a die hard fan of this **** hole franchise. Its game 3, we're down 3-0, we're struggling to keep up with them with Embiid & Simmons out of the game, seasons on the line, WTF is so hysterically funny, all game? Ive watched all these playoff series, nobody is constantly cracking up while on the floor in the game. LeBron, Harden, Durant, Irving, Trae Young, Tatum, Antetokounmp, those dudes aint stone faced, but they're dialed in. 

IDK, Im from a different era. I grew up on Mike, Bird, Kobe and them.....its playoff time, if you're getting crushed in a series, its time to man up, not little girl at a tea party time.  But hey, that's what separates the goods from the greats. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Glad we won, but Im going to say something that wont be popular here. But I absolutely HATE Bradley Beals approach to the game. Dont know if Ive ever seen a basketball player who laughs and jokes throughout games as much as he does

Yeah the fact that Beal likes basketball is definitely the Wizards’s problem.

It’s not that the owner doesn’t appear to give a crap about his pro basketball franchise, all of the years of ineptitude from EG, the horrible contracts handed out, the terrible roster construction, the complete lack of emphasis on defense, the head coach who doesn’t know how to draw up a ****ing play...it’s Brad smiling. 😌

Edited by Rocky21
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Scott Brooks and his staff waking up tomorrow with their jobs infact...

I'm weak... 😂

Speaking of that bum tho... I said I wasn't posting in this thread until that bamma was let go. But without Embiid, this playoff series kind of gets interesting. Without Embiid, that game tomorrow is a huge must-win for Philly. Even if they are a superior team, they have to take the Wizards out immediately else their psyche is about to get destroyed.

I have no doubt that Brooks will find a way to not capitalize from it.

I have had the same thoughts about beal

however....

it’s difficult to really know how that may/may not change if he was on a team that had a chance - say, the 76ers....

also, home playoff game after the year+ of covid and all the crap everyone’s been through, more fans in the arena than any time in the last year, and he was having a good game and the team finally looked competent in a spot that mattered.... hard to blame a guy for enjoying the moment. Last night felt less like a guy that didn’t care (or whatever) and more like a guy enjoying finally having a night where it feels good to be on the floor

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

And after the loss, Beal is there hugging and cracking up laughing with him, like he could give two ****s about the game he just loss. I'd trade Beal for Tatum any day of the week.

I dont expect him to be stone face all game, have fun, but ****.....

I prefer my alpha's to be guys that hate to lose and show it as well.  This can also be a symptom of not knowing anything but losing.  When you spend your career playing for a loser franchise, you kind of get used to it.  And as was clearly evident, we know the Wizards are severely overmatched.  You don't think the guys know that as well?  Sure, they have to believe they can overcome and win, but deep down they are aware the likelihood is slim.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

I think any nba player living in reality understands which teams do and don’t have a chance. It’s not like the ways of the nba are some secret

and yeah I don’t think anyone on the wizards has any misconceptions about what that team is. Even if they say “all the right things” publicly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

It’s not that the owner doesn’t appear to give a crap about his pro basketball franchise, all of the years of ineptitude from EG, the horrible contracts handed out, the terrible roster construction, the complete lack of emphasis on defense, the head coach who doesn’t know how to draw up a ****ing play...it’s Brad smiling. 😌

I didnt say Beal "smiling" was annoying, I said him constantly laughing throughout a game 3 playoff game with the season on the line, while shooting 9-23 with 7 TOs...........Thank goodness for Ben Simmons shooting from the free throw like Shaq, because the season would be over........

But oh well, who give a ****.......season is done regardless, and Beal is MJ to some of you guys..........Like I said, its the subtle differences between the goods and the Greats......Im a HUGE fan of Beal. He's a professional scorer, hes a family man, who puts God first. Amen to that.

With that said, he is from the JWall, Nick Young, J. McGee, Steven Jackson juvenile era. I watch (dvr) every game every year probably for the last 10 years at least. Beal has an immaturity to his game.  He argues with the refs damner every possession. Even when the refs give him the foul, he's still arguing. He has possessions where he doesnt get back on defense because he's still ****ing to the refs. Sometimes he does it so much, that between him and Westbrook complaining so much, the game is damner unwatchable.  IMO, his immaturity was on display last night to anyone looking hard enough. And he is always like this. Sure, Im being a stick in the mud, because it was annoying watching in a game with the season on the line.

All good though, you guys are right, Im wrong.......But he is not a Top 3 player in this league like a lot of you delusional fan boys think. Again, huge fan of his, but theres differences between the good & GREAT players. Many of them have their fun, but eventually put away the games, and become mature superstar players.

Ultimately, he's just a good player who will never have that it factor to lead a team to a championship......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 1

Who here has said Beal is a top 3 player in the league?  You said that he’s not a top 10 guy.  You’re right, but so what.  

Giannis, Leonard, Davis, LeBron, Embid, Simmons, Tatum, Jokic, Young, Curry, Lillard, Mitchell, Morant, Beal, Westbrook, Randle, Booker, Harden, Irving, Durant, Luka.

Over half of those guys are not top 10, but they are all damn good.

• Like 1

I think maybe there is one person that has posted on here that might put Beal on the highest level, but otherwise I don't think anyone else here is delusional about Beal's ceiling. Most here acknowledge how he hasn't been that clutch in his career. 

I do agree with the points on Beal complaining a bit too much and he did seem a little too happy being down 3-0. There were times down the stretch where I thought Beal was content on last night being the last game.  

• Like 1

I think all were saying is your overplaying the immaturity thing a bit much considering the team. On my list of things to fix his immaturity is down the list a bit. 

no reason to get all silly with the you guys think he’s mj stuff. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Ultimately, he's just a good player who will never have that it factor to lead a team to a championship......

Alright, everyone in this thread who's been arguing that Beal and/or Westbrook is the cornerstone of a championship team raise their hands.

• Haha 1