Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

24 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Beal and Westbrook have a lot of turnovers today. 

Refs have let both of them get mugged all game though.  There have been times where one defender was whacking them on the arm while the second strips them.  They’ve also allowed defenders to crash into them as they turn the corner on drives, which is almost never allowed.  

Playoff ball always allows more contact at the rim, but this style really hurts a team relying on guards for offense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it's loser talk, but I am okay with the loss.  Like they played Philly tough and down to the wire pretty much, Westbrook had a bad game, had some stupid turnovers down the stretch, and still were pretty much right in it.

Hopefully game 2 they clean some of that up and the jitters are gone and they can settle down a bit.  

I mean if they don't win game 2 then all is over.  It's basically a must win.

The Wiz shot 55.7% from the field and 40% from 3 and still lost. That's a bad sign. 

If I'm the wiz, I'm playing hack-a-Simmons all game 2 the moment Philly is in the bonus. Bonga, Gill, Hutchinson, Matthews, and Winston would all foul out. 

Free throw shooting is atrocious.  Westbrook is basically a no show again.  Bertans is wasted space out there and a liability on defense.

We pretty much have no shot.  

And it's understandable.  76ers are clearly the better team and more talented.