Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Like I said, they’d win one game.  

Fire Brooks.  The “offense” they showed today should end the argument.  Brooks can’t coach either end of the floor.  I wouldn’t even want him as part of a coaching staff, let alone as head coach.  He brings nothing to the table. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stotts would be solid. I think Kenny Atkinson would be quite exciting. It is impressive the number of young players that developed under him in Brooklyn - Dinwiddie, Allen, Levert, Russell and more. I think he'd be great for Gafford, Rui, Avdija and others. Also Westbrook and Beal seem like the type of stars that would embrace his cultural style

The Nets will regret firing Kenny Atkinson - SBNation.com

• Like 2

There is also a "damn good culture" that appreciates Brooks here and Brooks has insisted he does not want to go. He seems to mesh well with ownership who like him.

I am telling you he is not going to be fired. In fact he will hold a press conference with Tommy today at 10:30. That itself makes it highly unlikely he will be fired. Probably gets extended for 1 or 2 years.

I know a lot of people don't like him here. Most Wiz fans want him gone. However he did lead them to 3 playoff years in 5 including this tumultuous year. To be honest...I would be fine with him returning. The players like him. The front office like him. He likes the organization.

53 minutes ago, Hersh said:

A “damn good culture” according to whom?

To be serious with you it's what has been reported in the news. Brooks likes the organization and is happy here. And the organization likes him. I mean it seems like a happy culture. 

https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/status/1400302860282339332?s=19

For Brooks, his affinity for coaching the Wizards goes beyond basketball. He said he was particularly impressed with the organization's response last spring and summer to current events. The Wizards joined forces with the WNBA's Mystics to launch social justice initiatives, including opening Capital One Arena as a polling place for the November election and marching in solidarity on Juneteenth.

The NBA came to a halt due to the coronavirus, meanwhile, the nation had a reckoning over race relations following the murder of George Floyd by a police officer in Minneapolis. Brooks was involved in all of the team's activism efforts and was deeply impacted by participating.

"That’s when I really saw what great ownership is about... With what I saw there, I wouldn’t want to move on. I love it here. I love the city. My family loves it," Brooks said.

I would love anywhere that paid me $7 million per year to produce a mediocre to bad product.

Of course he's in full ass kissing mode. He's contract is expiring and he wants to make more money as an NBA head coach. 

Just now, Hersh said:

As long as it's not Brooks, I'm good. I'd prefer Shep be gone too cause this organization desperately needs "fresh eyes" but it's Ted so I don't expect a change there. 

Getting gafford earned shep some time 

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't understand this take and it's one I've seen on other forums because there is no GM that gets everything wrong. So making one or two good moves shouldn't outweigh the lack of a coherent direction that Shep has taken and the terrible moves he made last off-season. 

And before people say that he got Westbrook, Shep had no intention of trading Wall until the owner said he had to go after the video came out. 

At the end of the day, he put together a roster that went 34-38 and got smoked in the first round of the playoffs. Plus, he didn't just inherit a mess from EG, he helped EG create a mess. 

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He'll probably get more time because he will roll with Ted's "We're close" mindset. Any quality potential replacement is going to tell Ted that if given the job, they are going to rip everything down to the foundation. Ted doesn't seem likely to accept this.