Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Funny you mentioned Porzingis. KP2DC rumor now floating around the NBA reddit. An article on the rumor.

https://fortyeightminutes.com/wizards-rumors-porzingis/

KP not doing anything on either end of the floor is why the Mavs lost to the Clippers.  Guy just stood around the whole series.  I can’t imagine why we’d want a contract that large attached to an attitude that bad. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

As **** as Bertans was this season, I have to think a bunch of it comes from Brooks too. So many times Bertans was shooting off balance crazy ass 3's because Brooks' scheme sucked ass. He was better in transition when he could walk into a 3 due to the defense sagging back protecting the basket against Beal/Westbrook drives.

If we bring in a legit coach with a PG background like Cassell/Billups/Kidd, I think things look way better

The new analytics woman should be able to work that up about Bertans. 

• Like 1

Watching the 2 games tonight, it's so clear that all 4 of these teams with maybe the exceptions of the Bucks, are so much further ahead than the Wizards are.  Suns/Nuggets game is like on a whole other level than the Wizards games.  The pace is ridiculous.

• Like 1

In the You can't make this **** up category...

When asked about the team's most pressing areas for improvement heading into the 2021 - 2022 season Brooks said "We definitely need shooting. We’ve known that…I think when you have shooting, it kind of opens things up. I think we were third in the league in scoring. Scoring is really not the issue." 

https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-reflect-2020-21-season-identify-offseason-goals

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

When asked about the team's most pressing areas for improvement heading into the 2021 - 2022 season Brooks said "We definitely need shooting. We’ve known that…I think when you have shooting, it kind of opens things up. I think we were third in the league in scoring. Scoring is really not the issue." 

https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-reflect-2020-21-season-identify-offseason-goals

I don't understand what this mans plan is! 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Rui’s opportunity to play for Japan is really cool for him.  And I wouldn’t want to deny anyone the chance to represent their country on that stage.  Though I don’t know if it’s the best thing for his NBA development.  I’d like for him to have a normal offseason to recuperate and train instead of having tired legs from playing in the Olympics.

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Watching the 2 games tonight, it's so clear that all 4 of these teams with maybe the exceptions of the Bucks, are so much further ahead than the Wizards are.  Suns/Nuggets game is like on a whole other level than the Wizards games.  The pace is ridiculous.

I had the same thought last night watching those games. Even the Bucks, though they are getting stomped on currently, would handle the Wiz in a series with no problem. 

• Like 1

Someone should organize a New Orleans style funeral parade around the arena for this team. I think I've said that before many years ago, but this nonsense is out of control. 

Ted isn't the guy who has Ovechkin fall in his lap and finally the stars align for a title because he did something right.. He's the guy pumped to sign Jagr and the guy who keeps Ernie around forever because he keeps doing things wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Isn’t Portland a really good parallel to DC right now?  Denver has a very nice future.

Portland has had a much harder road than Washington. They keep falling short though, so yes. They also just fired their coach. 

To be honest, I picked two random teams that came to mind.

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

The way Westbrook glowed about Brooks….you kind of had to expect this if true.

In any normally functioning pro franchise, a losing record in the regular and post season doesn’t get you a new contract.

Good organizations don't let players dictate FO decisions.

Players play. Let the suits do their jobs.

• Thanks 1

It's a moribund franchise that hitched their wagon to a doomed personnel mix.  Not nearly good enough to compete at the highest level, but still good enough to put butts in seats.

They need to rebuild, starting around the young forwards.  They need to go get Evan Mobley but they are so deathly afraid of losing Beal they have made sure their outcomes will be that he either walks for nothing or he stays and cements a career high water mark of the mid round seeds they got when Wall was in his prime.