Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Look at game 5 

They only won game 4 because bertans actually did something 

Otherwise Beal and Westbrook carried this team. They need more of a supporting cast. Like even the broadcasters and media admitted this much. 

Westbrook shot 33% from the field for the series and was 3-19 in game 4. Beal shot 21% from 3 for the series. 

In game 1, the others all played well while the two superstars had 12 turnovers combined. 

One of the biggest issues is having two ball dominant guards taking way too many shots when others are playing well. 

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Look at game 5 

They only won game 4 because bertans actually did something 

Otherwise Beal and Westbrook carried this team. They need more of a supporting cast. Like even the broadcasters and media admitted this much. 

Regardless, they are not just a bench away.  You can surround Beal and Westbrook with a top notch bench and this team is still only about a mid seed.  Even disregarding that they don't have room to maneuver cap-wise to acquire a bench without sending out assets (most likely future picks), they still need a top star to contend.  Not a scorer who has no defensive game or an aging PG with no jump shot whose game grinds to a halt in the playoff, but a true number one who elevates the entire team.  They don't have one and they really have no means of acquiring one save for the draft.  They are stuck and perilously close to their ceiling.  It is what it is.

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Westbrook shot 33% from the field for the series and was 3-19 in game 4. Beal shot 21% from 3 for the series. 

In game 1, the others all played well while the two superstars had 12 turnovers combined. 

One of the biggest issues is having two ball dominant guards taking way too many shots when others are playing well. 

I strongly disagree. If either go this team is just rebuilding again. They are a part of any playoff team.

Shephard Wednesday pretty much conceded they need to be a lot better talent wise. Retool the bench. 

17 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Regardless, they are not just a bench away.  You can surround Beal and Westbrook with a top notch bench and this team is still only about a mid seed.  Even disregarding that they don't have room to maneuver cap-wise to acquire a bench without sending out assets (most likely future picks), they still need a top star to contend.  Not a scorer who has no defensive game or an aging PG with no jump shot whose game grinds to a halt in the playoff, but a true number one who elevates the entire team.  They don't have one and they really have no means of acquiring one save for the draft.  They are stuck and perilously close to their ceiling.  It is what it is.

So another 7 or 8 seed next year smh 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I strongly disagree. If either go this team is just rebuilding again. They are a part of any playoff team.

Shephard Wednesday pretty much conceded they need to be a lot better talent wise. Retool the bench. 

So another 7 or 8 seed next year smh 

Statistics show that when Beal and Westbrook take over 55% of the shots, the team loses at a higher percentage than when the ball is spread around. The issue is that Westbrook is not an efficient scorer but still takes lots of shots. 

8 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I don't think we can blow the team up.

Need a John Wall type making 40+mil a year to trade Westbrook. Maybe could trade him for Kevin Love lol. 

I doubt they'll ever trade Beal. 

Yeah the only way to blow it totally would be to send out Westbrook in a salary dump and Beal to a contender for hoard of future picks.  It would be a little more possible now because he now only has two years left and rehabbed his value a bit compared to his performance in the bubble.  But I'm doubtful that the ownership would be willing to suck for about 3-5 years for a chance to build a contender

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Statistics show that when Beal and Westbrook take over 55% of the shots, the team loses at a higher percentage than when the ball is spread around. The issue is that Westbrook is not an efficient scorer but still takes lots of shots. 

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Westbrook has shown throughout his career that he folds in the playoffs.  I don't think Beal and Westbrook will ever lead this team to an NBA finals.  All the more reason to blow it up.

The team wouldn't sniff 30 wins without Westbrook and Beal 

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The team wouldn't sniff 30 wins without Westbrook and Beal 

a) the barely got over 30 wins with both of them this season, which isn't good. 

b) it would depends who was here in their place considering that's $80 million in salary. 

c) Your statement isn't relevant to the stat I cited. 

Just now, Hersh said:

a) the barely got over 30 wins with both of them this season, which isn't good. 

b) it would depends who was here in their place considering that's $80 million in salary. 

c) Your statement isn't relevant to the stat I cited. 

i just don't think it's right to blow it all up

this team is on the verge of something special. add a bench and develop rui and deni regardless of coach

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The second half was fun to watch but isn't sustainable. Westbrook will only slow down more as he gets older. Beal is great but in today's NBA your impact to win as a SG is pretty limited. Even Harden has to team up with two other superstars to have a chance. And we're limited on assets to get better.

21 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Stotts, and now Clifford out of jobs a day after their seasons ended... But Wizards think it's wise to take "several weeks" to review Brooks' job before making a decision.

It's so Redskins.

• Thanks 2

On 12/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, MonkFan8 said:

Neto, Ish Smith, Westbrook lineup. Classic Scott Brooks. Neto looks like hot garbage as well.

I was just looking back to see what predictions made and while this wasn't a prediction, I gotta give props for the observation considering what we saw in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just want y’all to know that Bertans/Bryant/Hutchison for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I said this over on BulletsForever.com but you know it's bad when your team want to trade for Porzingis. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Actually, I really want to trade Bertans away more than I want to trade for Porzingis.

I'm on board with that. They will certainly try to use Bertans and his salary to bring back another high salaried player. 

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Funny you mentioned Porzingis. KP2DC rumor now floating around the NBA reddit. An article on the rumor.

https://fortyeightminutes.com/wizards-rumors-porzingis/

That is a trash piece of journalism. First, the writer has the Wiz in the draft lottery still. Second, Westbrook, Beal and Rui are all untouchable and Deni would only be moved for a true superstar. I mean, come on. 

Also, if KP is complaining about usage with Dallas, just imagine him being here with Westbrook and Beal dominating the ball and guys like Deni, Gafford and TB trying to get shots too. 

• Like 1

As **** as Bertans was this season, I have to think a bunch of it comes from Brooks too. So many times Bertans was shooting off balance crazy ass 3's because Brooks' scheme sucked ass. He was better in transition when he could walk into a 3 due to the defense sagging back protecting the basket against Beal/Westbrook drives.

If we bring in a legit coach with a PG background like Cassell/Billups/Kidd, I think things look way better