Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

15 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

typically i would agree, but its not like he's going around stat padding. he has some moments of hero ball in the 4th quarters of games at times, but largely he's getting his in an efficient manner. can't really fault him that he's playing on a team with multiple dudes who should be in the g-league at best and is taking instruction from a bad coach

I'm just saying, if his goal is to make the playoffs, try something different. Do what it takes to get more guys easy buckets and play your ass off on defense. Oh, don't have 9 turnovers either. 

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm just saying, if his goal is to make the playoffs, try something different. Do what it takes to get more guys easy buckets and play your ass off on defense. Oh, don't have 9 turnovers either. 

He’s not a point guard, he just plays one on tv.  Beal has proven to be a capable passer but since Wall turned into a pumpkin, Beal has been doing too much on a bad squad.  He’ll be a lot more efficient when he’s got guys that can get their own shot around him.  

He just scored 50 on back to back nights and your demanding he do more.  His team needs to do more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

He’s not a point guard, he just plays one on tv.  Beal has proven to be a capable passer but since Wall turned into a pumpkin, Beal has been doing too much on a bad squad.  He’ll be a lot more efficient when he’s got guys that can get their own shot around him.  

He just scored 50 on back to back nights and your demanding he do more.  His team needs to do more.

I'm saying do something different. The numbers don't lie. When he scores more than 40, they win 12.5% of the time. When you score 50 in back to back games and your team loses both games, that's meaningless. This is about winning, not about individual stats. 

I mean, if he was trying to win. Since I like the tank, I take it all back and he should go for 50 every night. 

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I'm saying do something different. The numbers don't lie. When he scores more than 40, they win 12.5% of the time. When you score 50 in back to back games and your team loses both games, that's meaningless. This is about winning, not about individual stats. 

I mean, if he was trying to win. Since I like the tank, I take it all back and he should go for 50 every night. 

We dont have a starting quality point guard. We're starting a g-leaguer at the 3, a rookie at the 4 and Ian Mahinmi at the 5 and we are coached by an idiot. How is he supposed to win with that? 

The fact that brad has not committed ritualistic seppuku is a testament to his character. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not watching a ton of the games but they're historically bad on defense.  I'm not sure what else different you want him to do in order to overcome that. 

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Offensively he has been a pleasant surprise. Defensively, he is basura. He takes pride in taking charges because he cant do anything else on that end of the floor. He's been better than Thomas Bryant this year, and worth keeping around as a bench piece

Moe Wagner is complete TRASHHHH.........He blew a wide open lay up tonight. COUNTLESS **** ups. EVERY GAME. I've been pulling for him and he playing HORRIBLE basketball. He has heart and passion, but that means **** when if your game is wack.  Don't know if you're mixing him up with someone else. Yeah, he MAY get a charge (Bonga is WAY better than him at getting charges). And he's decent at making Free Throws. THATS IT. Cut him.....I'd rather see Schofield (or any other big man we have on the bench) get Wagners playing time. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Moe Wagner is complete TRASHHHH.........He blew a wide open lay up tonight. COUNTLESS **** ups. EVERY GAME. I've been pulling for him and he playing HORRIBLE basketball. He has heart and passion, but that means **** when if your game is wack.  Don't know if you're mixing him up with someone else. Yeah, he MAY get a charge (Bonga is WAY better than him at getting charges). And he's decent at making Free Throws. THATS IT. Cut him.....I'd rather see Schofield (or any other big man we have on the bench) get Wagners playing time. 

The numbers disagree with you. Offensively, he has been a serviceable rotation piece 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me expand a little bit on my Beal/AllStar hot take.

What we saw last night from Beal was spectacular.  He was aggressive and efficient...hit big, big shots at a high clip in the 4th quarter against a great team when we absolutely HAD TO HAVE IT.  Magnificent.

But here’s the rub...it stands out because it’s the type of thing he almost never does.  In fact, it’s probably the high point of his career.  If not, it’s close.  He might have 4-5 other performances in his career that are similarly impressive.

And yet, it’s the type of thing that Dame/Klay/Harden do 8-10 times PER SEASON.  And again frequently in the playoffs.

Additionally, with a chance to have a signature walk-off Brad passed to a rookie and then was thoroughly outplayed in overtime by Khris Middleton.  And that’s how you get a 54 point L.

So, is he an All-Star?  I guess, if you’re feeling particularly generous.

But, is he an elite SG?  He’s not really close to that level and he won’t be until he does the things that Dame/Klay/Harden do with regularity.

It still could happen, tho.  He’s a great kid, he wants it real bad and puts in the work and he’s about to receive a significant amount of help when John comes back healthy.

Future could be very bright!

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hows that “oTto iS A maX PLayEr” take coming along?

You were a huge Porter fan when he was here.  Why are you ****ing fronting like you weren't?  You also know and understand the context in which he signed that extension, and how matching it was the only decent move we could make.  Don't try and use that to hide how stupid your Beal take is now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You were a huge Porter fan when he was here.  Why are you ****ing fronting like you weren't?  You also know and understand the context in which he signed that extension, and how matching it was the only decent move we could make.  Don't try and use that to hide how stupid your Beal take is now.

Giving him max was only way to keep him. That's not the same thing. A lot of people complained about being trapped into doing that, decent move is not how I would describe it.

Edited by Renegade7

Beal is an elite scorer. He is not an elite two way player and thus not an elite all around player.  But he should get consideration for an all NBA team.

With that said, I think if we had a better team around him, he would be a more consistent defender. We've seen him lock down guys in the playoffs before.

But the team as is has zero chance of beat anybody unless Beal drops 30+ and even then the chances are remote.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Of course I loved Otto “when he was here”...Georgetown kid, smooth game.  But he never was, nor will be, a max player.

And my Beal take isn’t stupid, it’s just hot.  I’m willing to defend to it and I’d love to eat my words next February.

Put it this way...my Beal take is a tiny, little L written in blue ink on the back of my hand and I can’t wait to lick my thumb and rub it off.  Your Porter take is a tattoo of an L the size of a grapefruit on your forehead.

When you're ready to get it removed, start a crowdfund and I’ll step up and be top donor.

Because I love your passion and I want the best for you...

• Haha 1

Out of all the horrible moves the Bullets/Wizards have made over the years, trading Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond and Otis Thorpe has to be in the top 3.  Right?  I occasionally think of that and throw up in my mouth.

Edited by abdcskins