Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 3/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, StillUnknown said:

Rui has scored a total of 14 pts in his last 3 games, including going 0-14 his last 2 games.

I wasnt expecting a rookie wall after he missed that chunk of time before the all-star break

No center on the court, no production. He’s being asked to bang down low when that was never a skill set of his. Pretty soon he’s going to start breaking down, just Otto did when Scott brooks played him at the 4/5 with 3 guards on the court 75% of the time. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No center on the court, no production. He’s being asked to bang down low when that was never a skill set of his. Pretty soon he’s going to start breaking down, just Otto did when Scott brooks played him at the 4/5 with 3 guards on the court 75% of the time. 

Yeah he's not a banger.  If they insist he try to be the only big he's going to lose his legs early and he doesn't have a ton of upper body strength. 

That said, he has to improve some aspects of his game if he's going to reach his potential. 

1- His handles aren't good enough and he knows it.  He's not attacking with confidence when he gets defender to respect his shot making.  Confidence is a huge deal in basketball.

2- He's not strong enough and, again, he knows it.  You can see him avoiding contact out there and hesitating. 

3- He takes too long to gather around the rim and it's letting shot blockers get at the ball. 

All of these things are fairly standard for rookies.  These are growing pains you expect.  Very few bigs come into the league confidently handling the ball in traffic or strong enough to ram their way through the paint.  And many of them suffer from getting shots blocked while adjusting to NBA length and speed.  Their being fairly standard doesn't mean that everyone makes the leap.  I hope Rui can because he's got a ton of upside. 

49 minutes ago, Hersh said:

these video game simulations are the dumbest of dumb things. I can't believe people actually watch

its not my thing, but there is a market out there of people who will watch others play games. a straight simulation is a bit different, but desperate times lol

i found it hard to watch the actual team, i damn sure aint gonna watch this. They'll probably make people suffer more by having Kutcher & Gooden call the games

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...