Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

55 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Sadly i do. I'm fully expecting him to be extended. Shepp does not talk of him like he is in any danger at all.

This year it made sense. Kind of a reboot and no cap room. This is year 4 out of 5 for his contract right? 

I could see them moving on if they believe they have a better option this offseason. This defense is so bad. 

29 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This year it made sense. Kind of a reboot and no cap room. This is year 4 out of 5 for his contract right? 

I could see them moving on if they believe they have a better option this offseason. This defense is so bad. 

Defense has been miserable every season brooks has been here.  This year is likely the worst roster he’s ever had but he’s never gotten the wizards to play defense.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight:

The Wizards are 14 games below .500 and still 3 games out the final playoff spot in the East?

Maybe my Dad was right after all about sneaking in the backdoor.  So is Wall coming back this year or not?

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

They will extend Scott because no one watches or cares. 

Not buying that, they jus nuked the front office structure because no one cares or watches.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Let me get this straight:

The Wizards are 14 games below .500 and still 3 games out the final playoff spot in the East?

Maybe my Dad was right after all about sneaking in the backdoor.  So is Wall coming back this year or not?

Not buying that, they jus nuked the front office structure because no one cares or watches.

But they didn’t nuke the FO. They hired a guy from within that’s been here for many many years. They also kept Scott Brooks here for the rebuild. If anything, all they did is scapegoat Ernie, which has been the m.o. of the organization. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

But they didn’t nuke the FO. They hired a guy from within that’s been here for many many years. They also kept Scott Brooks here for the rebuild. If anything, all they did is scapegoat Ernie, which has been the m.o. of the organization. 

Man, they created positions out of thin air, the guy in charge may have been here, but how they do things now is completely different.  

I'm convinced Brooks wasnt fired to keep from their being too much upheaval at one time and because Ted doesnt like paying folks he fired anymore then Polin did.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm convinced Brooks wasnt fired to keep from their being too much upheaval at one time and because Ted doesnt like paying folks he fired anymore then Polin did.

there is truth in that, but you have to dig a little deeper about his future. Almost everyone in the league compliments Shepp on not being a bull**** artist, you can generally go by what he tells you in how the future will play out. There was a recent piece in the Athletic by Katz in which Shepp was pretty glowing in his reviews of Brooks. I don't think he has even considered a change. I think he gets a short extension in the offseason because it would be awkward to have a team they think is capable of "competing", but their coach would be in his lame-duck year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Umm.. Ernie was pretty well respected around the league as well. That means nothing. This organization has gone above and beyond to destroy any goodwill with the fan base. And with everyone desperate for change, they removed only 1 guy from the from office. 

i'm largely in agreement about the front office as presently constructed, but this instance its not about respect, its how shepp operates. until he proves otherwise, I think its safe to take him at what he says publicly. Grunfeld almost never did interviews like Shepp did with Katz and when Grunfeld did speak, it was in tired cliches.

and honestly, I think Grunfeld was respect for his playing days versus anything he did in the front office. for what its worth, I never heard other execs talk about Grunfeld the way they offer praise for Shepp. 

so far the front office has moved from ass-ugly, to basic levels of competence. Shepp has done well at small, fringe moves that ultimately dont matter much in the long run. his best mark so far was taking Rui in the draft and getting Bertans for peanuts. his decision on Brooks is the first big call he has to make, i'm hoping he surprises me and sends him out.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Umm.. Ernie was pretty well respected around the league as well. That means nothing. This organization has gone above and beyond to destroy any goodwill with the fan base. And with everyone desperate for change, they removed only 1 guy from the from office. 

Jordan is respected around the league, enough that I rarely hear mentioned how horrible a GM and Owner hes been. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

there is truth in that, but you have to dig a little deeper about his future. Almost everyone in the league compliments Shepp on not being a bull**** artist, you can generally go by what he tells you in how the future will play out. There was a recent piece in the Athletic by Katz in which Shepp was pretty glowing in his reviews of Brooks. I don't think he has even considered a change. I think he gets a short extension in the offseason because it would be awkward to have a team they think is capable of "competing", but their coach would be in his lame-duck year

*sigh, he must know something we dont in regards to a plan for defense. 

Right now, it doesnt seem a priority at all, and with the 8th seed 10+ games under .500, that spot would be ours if our defense wasnt bamma ray radiation level bad.

Yes, bamma ray was a typo I decided to keep.