Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

If i read correctly, they would pick up his bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to extend him. Extending him would be bad in itself and creates a different set of problems.

and even that is only if he wanted to stay and the wizards gave him the highest offer.  Otherwise it’s Bojan (who was much better than Tristan) all over again.  A 40 game rental for a first round pick.  

• Like 1

For a team with only a tiny shot at an 8 seed first round beatdown who would probably be better off tanking this year.  It would be an indefensibly stupid trade.

Any trade where the Wizards sacrifice long term assets for short term returns would be indefensibly stupid.  But doing so for Tristan Thompson goes beyond that because he's not actually good and doesn't solve any problems.

I would accept 1 first rounder for him.  He is gone next year, and we aren't going anywhere tis year.  Build for the future.  I wish our front office good luck getting multiple firsts.  Granted, the teams that are interested are playoff teams, so their picks will be low...

3 minutes ago, gbear said:

I would accept 1 first rounder for him.  He is gone next year, and we aren't going anywhere tis year.  Build for the future.  I wish our front office good luck getting multiple firsts.  Granted, the teams that are interested are playoff teams, so their picks will be low...

Its shaping up to be a no win situation for us:

1. Traded for good value = pissing off Beal who wants to win

2. Losing him in the offseason = losing an asset for nothing

3. Signing him to a deal = locking in the teams roster & horrible defense

Sign & trade in the offseason is the best move IMO.

29 minutes ago, gbear said:

It isn't a foregone conclusion Bertans "is gone next year".

And from all reports, the Wiz consider him part of the future.

We'll see...

🤔

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not impressed with the Wiz GM. This is way overvaluing your own player. Also was reading that he then gave assurances to Bertans that he wouldn't be traded. Never ever give assurances to any player. It's a business. Anyone on the Wiz should be available for the right trade. 

26 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

They better not give up much to get him. That wouldn't make sense. 

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not impressed with the Wiz GM. This is way overvaluing your own player. Also was reading that he then gave assurances to Bertans that he wouldn't be traded. Never ever give assurances to any player. It's a business. Anyone on the Wiz should be available for the right trade. 

They better not give up much to get him. That wouldn't make sense. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.  He is placing big value on his guy.  Not going to just trade him for peanuts.  You have to start high.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I disagree wholeheartedly.  He is placing big value on his guy.  Not going to just trade him for peanuts.  You have to start high.

Well, nobody thought he was worth two firsts. It's one thing to start high to gauge the market, it's another thing to maintaint something like that when it's clear no one will come close to that. 

3 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Anybody know anything about Jerome Robinson?  Other than he's a 2? 

Watched him torch NC State, but everyone does that these days. It's a good trade because it's for the future and hopefully he can develop into a solid second unit guy. Wish they had moved Bertans too and would quit worrying about meaningless playoff basketball this season.  

I want to know what they considered to be strong offers. I'd be mad if they left a good deal on the table

they are remaining committed to being a horrible defense

Re-signing Bertans, if they can do it, feels good, but i think its the wrong move.

Bertans also now has more leverage against the wizards in negotiations

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

Jerome Robinson hasn’t done anything in the Association in a year and a half.  Hard to be excited about getting him or his being Beal’s backup.  McRae could get buckets.  

I’m not excited about Napier either.  He seems exactly like the kind of backup PGs that come here and fall on their faces.  Small and inefficient.  Speaking of which, the one thing I do like unreservedly is waiving goodbye to IT.  He was awful.

• Like 3

You know what the more I think about it, the more bummed I get about losing McRae for a bunch of guys that don’t move the needle.  It’s not that McRae was great or anything, but he was one of those underdog players I just enjoyed rooting for.  He seemed to get along well with his teammates too.  

• Thanks 1