Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm having a real hard time getting passed the secret extension and the subsequent refusal to comment.  I always thought Leonsis was a good guy and a well meaning owner, but this feels like a total FU to the fanbase.  This might be the end of the road for me.  

On 5/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

The heat on Ted should be insane this offseason. What a coward to hide the extension like he wet the bed and threw out the sheets before anybody woke up.

**** it. Let's follow Portland. 

What did Portland do?

Whiteside was significantly worse defending Embiid and Simmons than Man Bun Baynes.  So much for needing a great athletic center for playing solid team defense.  That said, Whiteside would fit perfectly on our defense where no one is ever in the right position for long and Brooks has absolutely no idea how to fix it.  Good fit for our lovely culture too. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The problem with @funnydanny is that he's not funny in the least. He makes sports radio painful to listen to.  I like Grant Paulsen, but I can't really listen to him with Danny.

One of the things this postseason has made painfully clear to me is that the only move we could make would really give us a chance at a ring is signing LeBron.  A better year where our guys stay healthy and we have a chance to retool the front court, I think we can hang with Toronto, Boston, and Philly.  But signing LeBron is the only way we can get past the guy.   And it's the only way we're not bringing a knife to a gun fight in a series against the best teams in the West.

We could sign Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins for the MLE so that we wouldn't have to give up any of our current players and not even that would be enough to get this team on the level of LeBron's team or Golden State.  Thus there is no realistic path for us to truly compete for a ring in this Golden State/LeBron window.

We can possibly try and wait LeBron and Golden State out.  We keep our core guys around and hope we finally hit on the right combination of health, support, and coaching to make a run in what would probably be a brief window where the league is fairly open.  But how long is that going to take?  Five years?  More?  What if we end up like Toronto and are too old and have too little upside by the time that window finally opens?

What if the DPVE doesn't work and something like Giannis teaming up with Anthony Davis happens?

I'm not ready to blow everything up, (although I want Ernie fired and replaced immediately).  But we're getting close to dead-end territory.

@stevemcqueen1  Seen you go back and forth on if we can even afford LeBron? Can we actually pull it off?  I'm willing to lay down my sword on this one, if Ernie is still getting Extensions like they gonna get caught up in the Russia Probe, my hope for us to do this the right way are practically dead. We have almost no choice but a shortcut.  I still like the idea of using that first rounder on a center no matter what, I'm done with Jason Smith, but is it true you can't trade players without taking close to the same value in contract(s) in return to even out?

I haven't said anything since game 6, and now that the dust is cleared it's blatantly obvious that this team is dead. The organization is dead. The fan base, whatever that was, died when the name changed. I have no faith whatsoever that anything will ever get better, and that's a shame because John is a top tier talent, and Otto is the perfect 3rd guy on a championship caliber team. I don't have the energy to sit and watch another full season of overconfident gunslingers and morons. I won't give another dollar to Turd and Ernie. John and Brad as a combination will never amount to anything more than a 2nd round trip. We have no money, no cap space, and no willingness to trade our best asset (beal) for something that could at the very least get past the 2nd round. Ernie gets another secret extension. Scott Brooks is who we always knew he was. Randy Wittman ran a better playoff team with Nene. The system is tailored to iso's and mid ranges through two people who try only when they feel like it, or when the opponent is clearly better. Stevens is going to sleepwalk through this unit for the next decade. Lebron's reign will loom long after John starts to slow down; something that is coming in 2 years. And philly is about to get FA discount deals, while we get the pupu platter for 50 million, and watch Brad complain about not getting more terrible shots. I've seen enough. A smart team would trade Beal for Kawhi, draft an energy big, and get a better coach. But we are going to watch the same losers show up until the Allstar break next year. Nothing will change. 

Ill still watch here and there I guess. But the entire organization is unlike able from every aspect. The fact that Ernie is ****ing extended is inexplicable. Casey was fired after getting 50 wins and a 1 seed out of 3 rookies, a 40 year old transplant from the okc glory days, and some fat gutless pg after losing to the GOAT. We can't even get mild criticism from John about how this team went into the season 2 years in a row without a credible 5 man. **** this team. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The fact that Ernie is ****ing extended is inexplicable. Casey was fired after getting 50 wins and a 1 seed out of 3 rookies, a 40 year old transplant from the okc glory days, and some fat gutless pg after losing to the GOAT. We can't even get mild criticism from John about how this team went into the season 2 years in a row without a credible 5 man. **** this team. 

When that angry take is just right....

JQv0mnN.png