Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I was wrong about Beal too... For the most part. It was just the injuries. I knew he was a good player, but he just couldn't stay healthy for nothing. It's no coincidence when the health stayed, the play increased.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its pretty sweet that we have one those uni's again (or, similar) 

How crazy is it that the Wizards are actually popular in the city now? I NEVER thought I would see the day when I see more randoms walking down the street in Wiz/Bullets gear than any other team in town. 

Because this city is one bandwagony ass town.

1 minute ago, MLSKINS said:

Super true, but thats how you get a home court advantage lol

I will take it over the alternative everyday. Had a dude point at Keef Morris AT THE GAME and scream "Come on Beal!" I just said thanks for coming and laughed

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Super true, but thats how you get a home court advantage lol

I will take it over the alternative everyday. Had a dude point at Keef Morris AT THE GAME and scream "Come on Beal!" I just said thanks for coming and laughed

I can't be too mad at him... Announcers, including our own, always confuse Beal and Wall with each other. ALWAYS!!! lol

Lets be real: EVERY city is bandwagony as hell. I remember pre KG/Allen when Boston was a mausoleum. Nobody went to Seahawk games until recently. The St. Louis Cardinals had empty seats in a home opener against the defending champion Cubs.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

There is literally NOTHING guys like IT/Kyrie do better than Wall other than scoring.  NOTHING. 

Grinds my gears to hear those two mentioned either above Wall or in the discussion as to who is a top-5 PG in the league. 

Irving plays with Lebron and he hit a big shot to win a ring last year, so he gets hype for that.

Thomas is a novelty who plays for the most storied(or 2nd most storied)franchise in the league, so he gets hype for that.

Wall is a better all around player then both, and its not really even close, but other circumstances prevent him from getting the attention he deserves. But he's been getting it this playoff run. You could argue in the postseason he's been the best player in the league after Lebron.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lets be real: EVERY city is bandwagony as hell. I remember pre KG/Allen when Boston was a mausoleum. Nobody went to Seahawk games until recently. The St. Louis Cardinals had empty seats in a home opener against the defending champion Cubs.

You're talking about venues... I'm talking period.

Im worried about him showing up at the Garden Wednesday. But I still think they we can out score that. Barring another 50 points, wall can out score him and position by position our starting 5 is better. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Venues reflect their towns. If nobody is going to the games then nobody is walking around in the jerseys.

Not necessarily; especially nowadays when a lot of people, myself included, prefer to watch games at home, bar, etc...  than going to the game.

EVEN LAST NIGHT! The Wizards have been coking and I STILL heard a lot of Celtics fans in the crowd.

It's a bandwagon city because:
A. This is a melting pot.

And...

B. A lot of non-Wizard fans hate on the Wizards just because their the local team and they like to be trolls.

40 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Second best player overall in East? I think it comes down to him and The Greek Freak.

He's a transcendent talent, but he's not there yet.  He's still pretty inconsistent and his game is limited by the shooting issues.  Also not sure he's the kind of leader that John is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I was wrong about Beal too... For the most part. It was just the injuries. I knew he was a good player, but he just couldn't stay healthy for nothing. It's no coincidence when the health stayed, the play increased.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I believe Warhead is right.  Every city is a bandwagon city.  No one was showing up to Orioles games until they got good again.  People don't buy teams merchandise and go out to games unless that team is doing well, or had been doing well recently.  

Look at all the "Caps fans" around here that didn't have a clue about hockey (and still don't) until they got Ovechkin and started making the playoffs every year.  I'm not a hockey fan but I'd been to Verizon for a few games back in the Peter Bondra days when they had the ugly blue jerseys.  No one was there, no one cared.  All of a sudden this town is about Rocking the Red and it seems like everyone is a Caps fan.  How many of them are going to stick around when the Caps aren't so good anymore?

I think it's both. Every city is a bandwagon city, but it's also that every city has its core of believers. They're just quieter during the down years. Look at ES, it's been more than twenty-five years since the glory days and we may not be quite as loud and crazy, but we're still here. Heck, in some ways it's been even longer for the Wiz... though they had some very good years with Gil and before that even with Webber and Howard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I think it's both. Every city is a bandwagon city, but it's also that every city has its core of believers. They're just quieter during the down years. Look at ES, it's been more than twenty-five years since the glory days and we may not be quite as loud and crazy, but we're still here. Heck, in some ways it's been even longer for the Wiz... though they had some very good years with Gil and before that even with Webber and Howard.

Redskins definitely have their die hards, but did poll here not long ago that showed maybe two posters that were under 21.  Redskins need to start winning that so they don't risk losing this new generation.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think football is a different animal. Just about every city, the football team fandom is super high even if the team is really bad. Even then, how many times have we seen FedEx infested with opposing fans when we're in a lost year? And we aren't the only ones. I remember Jerryworld looking like a 49er home game one year. Eagles games were getting blacked out because the Vet wasn't selling out when they were down in the 90s.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/8/15578260/john-wall-highlights-jump-pass-wizards-celtics

Wall not only can pull off a jump pass that would be frowned upon by any youth coach, but he’s also discovered a way to use it as a weapon to force defenders to make a decision. He uses his eyes to freeze his opponents and capitalizes on their reaction, all while floating in mid-air.

Nobody else does this. Almost nobody else really can. It’s one of many skills that makes Wall such a special player.

much more in the link

• Like 4

It's to the point where I take stuff like that from him for granted now.  You forget that it's not normal.

John spoils us.  It's going to suck when we no longer get to watch transcendent point guarding any more when he either leaves or retires.

I can't think about that.  At this point, if John Wall left us, I would be almost as devastated as if my wife left me.

• Like 1