Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. He's building a legacy here. If anything he'll be the guy that other stars will want to play with.

He's smart enough to realise that's what's on the line here this season. That **** with Durant opened his eyes even if he didn't really want him here. 

John Wall, getting the superstar treatment, shakes off a slow start to play like one

On Sunday night, a line of fans formed in the Verizon Center hallway near the entrance to the Washington Wizards‘ locker room. In the front stood Stephen Jackson, who played for eight teams over his 14-year NBA career. He never played for Washington, but there he was adorned in a “dc” cap and a blue No. 2 Wizards jersey with a red one draped over his shoulder. Next to Jackson waited R&B  singer and songwriter Marsha Ambrosius, who took a break from her own tour to catch her favorite player. For the big occasion, Ambrosius dressed her 4 1/2-month old baby, Nyla, in red, white and blue.

These well-known well-wishers came to see one man. And for their sake, thankfully John Wall showed up in Game 4.

As the Wizards blew away the Boston Celtics, 121-102, Wall sparked the team through a 26-0 run in the third quarter and finished with 27 points and 12 assists. He is averaging 28.8 points and 11.1 assists in the playoffs this year.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

have you seen what they are giving Curry to wear?

Curry is a special case because he HAS to wear hi-tops due to his ankle issues. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that the shoe design is terrible and Kevin Plank put his foot in his mouth during the election. 

Would like to see 3-stripes made amends w/ Wall and give him a signature shoe.  Harden's line is absolute fire. 

Not sure what Nike could do because they have the wildly successful Kyrie line and also PG got his own signature shoe that's also en fuego...

• Like 2

All of the shoe companies can put out good shoes, and all of them can make bad ones.  I just hope whoever Wall sign with makes a great low top.  He clearly favors them when free to choose his own shoes and high tops suck.  

I'm not one to buy celebrity sneakers, but I'm pretty shocked that John Wall hasn't had a deal yet. If he does come out with a shoe (or a new one) I hope it doesn't retail for 500 bucks. It'd be cool if was something that the kids can actually buy and represent in

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents4/john-wall

At the start of his third season he was diagnosed with a stress injury in his left knee. He missed the Wizards' first 33 games, and the team lost 28 of them. Meanwhile, Reebok backed out of the signature shoe business and Wall's model was discontinued, which was just as well in some respects -- the shoe sometimes hurt Wall's feet enough that at times he stopped wearing it. He transitioned to Adidas, which owns the Reebok brand, but he lost exposure and traction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I swear I thought Wall was with Adidas at one point?

He was.  I think he was the last rookie to land a major shoe deal (Reebok) then transitioned to Adidas.  He eventually turned down 7.5 million from them and fired his agent.  Now he has no deal. 

This was one of the reasons I was worried about Wall staying with the team a year ago.  People sleep on how significant exposure is to these athletes because they don't directly tie it to income like they do contract.  I'm less concerned now because Wall is all over the national sports media.  These playoffs have been a coming out party for him nationally and if he can finish Boston and put on a good show against Cleveland, he's a lock get another major shoe deal.

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

have you seen what they are giving Curry to wear?

I don't like them either but I'm not a big fan of many NBA player shoes this year.  Harden and Kobe have the best performance shoes.  No one touches Jordan for casual wear though IMO.  Jordan AJ or OG low's make me a happy man. 

air-jordan-1-low-og-premium-vachetta-tan

Little IT didnt enjoy his time in DC very much 

LOL. Dude is lucky I dont like (cant afford, wtf) to sit that close. He and I would be fighting by the end of the night. Though, I would probably target Smart the most since we all know hes a ****. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

LOL. Dude is lucky I dont like (cant afford, wtf) to sit that close. He and I would be fighting by the end of the night. Though, I would probably target Smart the most since we all know hes a ****. 

I think we all remember what happened when the last group of fans tried to take on world class athletes in detroit...

lets not not get confused here lol. IT wouldn't be fighting alone if you tried to steal the guy. You'd have 6'9" crowder and others ruining your life. 

Edited by Rattlesnake88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Honestly, eff that fan who threatened him like that.

I cannot stand stuff like that.