Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Horford is dumb.  A big man who turns down playing with John Wall because he wanted to play in front of the fans at TD Garden?  By God that is insane.  That is the action of an insane person.

I used to like Horford's game and thought he would have been a great fit here, but I think we might have dodged a bullet with him.

Also the statements to the media that Celtics players have been making are crazy and nonsensical.  It's bizarre how little self-awareness that team has.

• Like 5

It was desperation talk. Lose one game, and you start talking about the games not being called fair? Or that players are targeting a notoriously dirty reserve player as a strategy to take him out of the game? That's loser talk. No one focuses on a loser like Olynyk. His only skill in this series was to "accidentally" injure someone while being out of control. I expect fisticuffs in Boston because that's the only move they have left. 

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I'm pretty sure it was Otto who put the clamps on DeRozan in 2015, not Beal. 

They split time guarding him, but Beal was his primary defender.  Otto was still coming off the bench that year and Terrence Ross was the starting SF for Boston at the time.  During the three guard line up when Lou Williams was on the floor with either Lowry or Vasquez, that's when DeRozan would slide up to SF and Otto would guard him.  Beal was a beast on defense that series.

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Horford is dumb.  A big man who turns down playing with John Wall because he wanted to play in front of the fans at TD Garden?  By God that is insane.  That is the action of an insane person.

I thought the deciding factor was the bigger Dominican population there as compared to D.C.?  Anyway, I'm happy with Mr. Smith and Ian when healthy.

Lost all respect for IT after that post game presser. He's crying like a little ****. He gets way more calls than Wall and Wall hits the floor just as much, if not more than him. I hope the refs don't fall for this "woe is me" BS. 

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The refs will be a factor in game 5.  Count on it.

Probably.  They were in game one and two.  They get shook by the Boston crowd.  And Boston is going to be desperate and push the officials to the limit.  They can't win without help from terrible officiating.  They can't win without injuring our players.  They're a bunch of dirty try hards.

• Like 3

That look on Ernie's face in the pic is just hilarous. Like, THIS guy is gonna be the GM of the first team in D.C. to reach its sport's final four since 1998?

I really hope we win a title with Ernie as GM. It would just be so fitting. The only thing more inexplicable than the DC sports curse and all that its killed would be this donk winning a ring as executive.

Reg Isiah...what a baby. Lets be real, physically he doesn't even come remotely close to Wall or even Beal. He's not on their level. I give him credit, he gets by on sheer willpower and work ethic, but when you actually make him expend energy on D he doesn't have much to offer you. He won't get assists because he's not that type of PG and he obviously isn't going to crash the boards or block shots. He needs the ref's help against physically overpowering players like Wall and Beal. Hell even Porter was checking him tonight.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

"its gotta be called differently"

"i can't be allowed to be grabbed and held"

Isaiah Thomas is a ****

Was cracking up on my couch when he and Beal were having words after IT got his 4th. Beal was at the line and turned back 2-3 times calling him a"baby"...priceless!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 5:30 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Celtics still up 2-1, but I think this ass-whipping was so severe that it definitely swung some momentum the Wizards way.

I don't mind quoting myself here. 

I'll say it again.  Series tied 2-2- but I think this ass-whipping was so severe that it definitely swung some momentum the Wizards way.

Now, it'll be harder on the road but I think a 26-0 run to put a game out of reach is something that everyone won't be able to scrub from their minds.  Isaiah Thomas looked absolutely lost in the 2nd half and has been exposed. 

The Wizards are the better team, they've shown it throughout this series and it should be 3-1.  

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/john-wall-wizards-celtics-game-4-nba-playoffs-washington-boston-050817

But as they showed us in that spectacular three-minute run in the third quarter, the best run of basketball I’ve seen yet this postseason, their starting five can get to a level that perhaps only the Warriors and Cavaliers can reach. It is that level, a unique blend of defensive intensity, perfect cohesiveness and devastating speed and finishing, that can keep them in any game. The Celtics were steamrolled by it on Sunday. They had no answer. I’m not sure anyone in the NBA could have had an answer to a run like that.

And as long as the Wizards have runs like that in them, their depth issues can be covered up. When you can go on a run like that, you can stay in a game with … and beat … anyone.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

I wonder if Thomas' strategy could backfire. We know the refs don't like being called out. We also know that the refs are no fans of John Wall partly because of this. However, Thomas going on about the refs several times might just get their dander up. They may opt to not call a game that's heavily biased in Boston's favor because Boston has tried to make them look incompetent.

On top of that, the refs have to know the Celtics have been the beneficiaries of some pretty sketchy play, but instead of showing gratitude to the refs they call them out? Hopefully, the refs take that personally enough that the home cooking advantage disappears and we get an evenly called game.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2012 at 10:56 AM, Fight4RGIII said:

I just realized of the past 6 drafts, we had to pick the worst year to get the number 1 pick. 2012 (Davis) 2011 (Irving) 2010 (Wall) 2009 (Griffin) 2008 (Rose) 2007 (This one is debatable. Knowing us, we probably would have went Oden over Durant). If we did go Durant, I'd want every single one of those guys over Wall.

I said something really dumb in 2012. Let's all point and laugh at this idiot.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Funny how that worked out. The Wiz have one of the best home court advantages in the playoffs out of nowhere 

• Like 1