Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Celtics still up 2-1, but I think this ass-whipping was so severe that it definitely swung some momentum the Wizards way.

Really ? 

They lost, severe ehh...I think the C's figure... save it for next game. C's got dominated, I admit that and it is what it is. 

I did lose money on the game though, just not with an ES guys. 2 stacks. 

Good luck Bullets fans. I know you don't believe it, but I want my fellow Redskins fans that happen to be Bullets fans to enjoy some success. 

Trash talking, well...sometimes. 

I think the biggest question is how the refs respond. Will they look at the games 1 and 2 and realize the role their looseness with calling fouls contributed to 8 Ts and all the mess yesterday or will they punish the Wiz. If they call a tighter game on both teams trying to forestall more mess that's in the Wizards favor. If they decide the Wiz are the bad guys who need to be watched and punished and go back to turning a blind eye on Boston then the Wiz are in trouble.

• Like 2

Each game has a different crew, I don't think there is much continuity between the way the games in a series are officiated.  They know when a series has been chippy but I don't think they study calls from the previous games.  McCutchen and his crew just did a good job last night, and that's the real difference.  They're experienced and they kept the game from getting out of hand.  It also helps that it was in DC and they didn't get intimidated by the crowd as happened with the previous crews in Boston.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Celtics still up 2-1, but I think this ass-whipping was so severe that it definitely swung some momentum the Wizards way.

I would think that, but whippings like that tend to refocus the victim if the victim has some heart.  They got up 2-0, got comfortable, got punked, and now I expect Boston to come out MUCH differently for game 4.  We saw it in Game 3 against the Hawks.  Spurs just did it in Game 2 after getting roasted in Game 1.

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I would think that, but whippings like that tend to refocus the victim if the victim has some heart.  They got up 2-0, got comfortable, got punked, and now I expect Boston to come out MUCH differently for game 4.  We saw it in Game 3 against the Hawks.  Spurs just did it in Game 2 after getting roasted in Game 1.

I don't think they were complacent. It's been the exact same pattern all three games.  The difference is they didn't complete the comeback by making a million threes and getting away with gooning it up and injuring our players.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Destino said:

one more convincing win and all of Boston gets nervous.  They know those first two games were great comeback victories, match that with two beatings and suddenly the Wizards look like the clearly superior team. 

And that's all Boston has this series- miraculous comebacks. What is the stat now..Wiz have dominated all but 2-4 quarters thus far in this series or something? If Boston isn't making a million uncontested threes all game then I don't believe they can hang with the Wiz. They out here :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know, this just feels like it's going to be one of those dragged out marathon series.  I think we blew our chance at a short series in game 2.

I feel you.  For me, it depends on if we develop any momentum from Game 4.  I expect them to make adjustments, but feel we can beat them if they aren't going video game mode from three (which I'm waiting to see if that happens again).  I really like the way we defended IT, gotta expect them to try and find some kind of answer for that

I love this series so far. 

I really dig that we dont like each other and that is bringing the best out of both squads. 

Enjoy the next few days. We get to recover and get game 4 at home. Gonna be in the house again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

how does CSN not have a live postgame show ready? shouldn't have to stream it on the web

They do... I think the halftime show is  the one that's streamed on Facebook Live.

7 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Anyways....we're slowly creeping into the 90's Knicks/Heat level of rivalry/beef.  I love it. 

Yeah, it is fun. The game was really boring in the 4th, but we had so much action throughout the game that it was cool.