Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

We all knew it, but damnit. I was hoping they'd decide against it.

It'd be nice if they at least issued a warning to that other Kelly about taking all those cheap shots and let him know he's on a short leash.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It'd be nice if they at least issued a warning to that other Kelly about taking all those cheap shots and let him know he's on a short leash.

Yeah but it's the NBA. The same league that has different rules for everyone depending on how marketable you are.

If I were the Wizards, I'd produce a lowlight real of his dirty plays full of captions declaring how illegal his crap is and play it during breaks I'd also make it available for TV to air.

Given all the garbage, Wiz opponents have taken in two straight Playoff series I think some honesty and bad pub is deserved.

• Like 3

They only did it to send a message/keep the "letter of the law". Oubre did something stupid and now he's gotta pay for it. Hopefully the team doesn't pay for it as well.

Having said that, I really hope someone is getting in his ear about going back to Boston. They're going to be all over him. Every mistake he makes will be amplified by the fans. It's a MUST that he keeps his cool.

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Durant does exactly what Oubre did, but Gobert didn't drop like a sack of potatoes. Durant gets a flagrant 1 and a T. Amazing how stars get away with **** regular guys get killed for. 

The Jazz aren't the Celtics either though.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/isaiah-thomas-celtics-agree-kelly-oubre-jrs-punishment-he-should-be-suspended

ISAIAH THOMAS, CELTICS AGREE WITH KELLY OUBRE, JR.'S PUNISHMENT: 'HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED'

Plenty of Wizards fans and the players themselves may not like the fact that Kelly Oubre, Jr. was suspended for his shove of Kelly Olynyk in Game 3, an incident that earned him not only an ejection but a ban for Game 4 on Sunday. But Celtics players certainly aren't complaining.

All-Star guard Isaiah Thomas, for one, thought it was exactly what the NBA should have done.

"He should be suspended. If you do that, that should be automatic," he said at Saturday's practice on the campus of Georgetown University.

Forward Jae Crowder also agreed with the decision.

"The league did what they had to do," he said.

Thomas didn't say much about the impact Oubre's suspension will have. He simply said "we're not really worried about him or what they're doing." 

Crowder got into much more detail.

"I feel like he does help those guys a lot. Especially off the bench, he does bring a lot of energy for those guys. We have to take advantage of them having a guy down. Their second unit is going to be finding themselves a little bit without him, so we just have to capitalize," Crowder said.

Oubre, 21, is averaging 8.7 points on 52.4 percent shooting in 19.6 minutes per game this series. He makes most of his impact on the defensive end where his length and quickness can be a factor. Oubre has also spent some time guarding Thomas.

Its going to be a slaughter tonight. Thomas is going to be crying for fouls all night, while still grabbing more attempts than anyone on Washington. Mahinmi being back negates any loss that Oubre's absence might have brought. I would give Sato minutes at the backup 1/2/3 tonight. He looks ready.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Its going to be a slaughter tonight. Thomas is going to be crying for fouls all night, while still grabbing more attempts than anyone on Washington. Mahinmi being back negates any loss that Oubre's absence might have brought. I would give Sato minutes at the backup 1/2/3 tonight. He looks ready.

Can't agree with Mahinmi negating Oubre's absence.  No Oubre means Wall or Beal will have to spend time and energy chasing that little **** around the court. Part of the reason IT is so effective on offense is that he doesnt spend any energy on defense.

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Can't agree with Mahinmi negating Oubre's absence.  No Oubre means Wall or Beal will have to spend time and energy chasing that little **** around the court. Part of the reason IT is so effective on offense is that he doesnt spend any energy on defense.

They can make him play D. They did it last game. It's why he had 8 points 

They can agree that dude isn't a dirty player allm they want. That doesn't cool anyone but the Boston Fans. They have compilations of this dude's dirty plays online. It's so obvious 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They can make him play D. They did it last game. It's why he had 8 points 

They can agree that dude isn't a dirty player allm they want. That doesn't cool anyone but the Boston Fans. They have compilations of this dude's dirty plays online. It's so obvious 

yeah they finally exploited it, hope they go back to it. whoever he's guarding should get fed

56 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think you are underrating Mahinmi's pnr defense. With Ian, the roll to the basket is severely negated. So, Wall/Beal can focus more on the perimeter.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think you are underrating Mahinmi's pnr defense. With Ian, the roll to the basket is severely negated. So, Wall/Beal can focus more on the perimeter.

I'm going to co-sign this...

The (main) reason the Celtics got us in game one and two wasn't because of their starters, it was the bench that kept them in the game.

I'm not saying Mahinmi was the reason we blew them out in game 3, but he did have a small presence when the second unit came in.

Also... Bradley Beal. We need more from him. I want him to snap tonight. 30+.

• Like 2

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/celtics-players-suggest-kelly-oubre-wizards-targeted-kelly-olynyk

CELTICS PLAYERS SUGGEST KELLY OUBRE, WIZARDS TARGETED KELLY OLYNYK

The fact that the NBA's only two players with the first name 'Kelly' had an altercation in Game 3 between the Wizards and Celtics on Thursday may not be the big coincidence that it initially seemed, at least if you ask some of Kelly Olynyk's teammates who believe the 7-footer is a predetermined target by opposing teams like the Wizards.

Olynyk is massive, but his personality is meek and he's objectively goofy. Though some may argue he's a dirty player, Olynyk's teammates believe the negative attention he gets from other teams is undeserved.

"They know who to target. They know who to go at," Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas said. "The whole NBA knows certain players they can go at and certain players they can't."

"It's tough for me to say what I really want to say on camera," forward Jae Crowder said. "But it's obvious that guys try to come at him and try to rattle him a little bit."

Would love to see Beal bust out and have one of those 30+ point games with 4 or more 3 pointers made.

With Oubre out its imperative we get good production from Porter and Bogs. We will miss Oubre's hustle and tenacity on D though.