Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The worst part about the Celtics? Tommy Heinsohn, their local color commentator. He is the worst. The WORST. Complete opposite of the classy Phil Chenier. Basically according to him the Celtics have never commited a foul or violation while every foul against the Celtics should be a flagrant 2 that warrants suspension and criminal prosecution. I know every local broadcast team are homers to some extent but Heinsohn brings it to a whole other level. Its ridiculous.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The worst part about the Celtics? Tommy Heinsohn, their local color commentator. He is the worst. The WORST. Complete opposite of the classy Phil Chenier. Basically according to him the Celtics have never commited a foul or violation while every foul against the Celtics should be a flagrant 2 that warrants suspension and criminal prosecution. I know every local broadcast team are homers to some extent but Heinsohn brings it to a whole other level. Its ridiculous.

Is that the douche I have been listening to on ESPN?

Yeah Heinsohn is terrible.  He's a clown.  Arguably the worst color guy in the NBA, but their play by play guy Mike Gorman is good.  The worst overall crew is Bill Worrel, Matt Bullard, and Clyde Drexler for the Houston broadcast.  They are the absolute dregs of broadcasting.  Dumbest, shrillest, lousiest homers despite the fact their team benefits more from BS officiating than any other team in the league.  They ooze arrogance and entitlement too, it's just awful.  I've listened to almost every opposing broadcast now and Houston is the worst by a country mile.  Cleveland's sucks too.  As does Oklahoma City's.  Sean Elliot for San Antonio for San Antonio is almost as bad as Heinsohn and Drexler.  I don't understand why such a great organization has such a **** broadcast.  Must be something in the water in that part of the country.  Not a fan of the Utah crew and not a big fan of 'Nique for the Hawks broadcast, but he's not terrible.  I don't love Chicago's color man either, but he's not that bad.  He can get a little cringey, but he's not a jerk.

Buck and Phil were top five IMO.  Minnesota and Sacramento have a very good broadcast.  I actually like Toronto's too.  Miami also has a good duo.  Best in the business are Mike Breen and Clyde Frazier for the Knicks, and that includes consideration of the national guys.  Mike Fratello and Ian Eagle for the Nets were really great too, probably second best.  But I guess they fired Fratello a little while back, not sure what happened.

• Like 2

Dominique is a better analyst, but he has his moments as a commentator. Top 3 worst are Houston, then Cleveland, then Boston. I don't have Houston as far and away bad as Steve does, but the way they actively root for bs foul calls and cheap shots by Patrick Beverly (who btw is a top 3 pos) just kills it for me. 

Mike Breen is just a guy to me. Hubie, Harlan, and a few others blow him out of the water. I also like Memphis's crew until they get into a Z-Bo craze. 

LA Clippers are a close 4th. Dude has the Worst catch phrases. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

I like Kevin Harlan, but not a big fan of Hubie Brown.  He's soooo old.  It's tough to listen to.  This is ****ty of me to say, but it's like listening to old people tell stories in a nursing home, just painfully slow.  I think you're selling Breen short Skin'Em.  He's not as good as Marv Albert was, but I think the only other play by play guys as good as him are Eagle and Buckhantz.  That said, the real strength of the broadcast is Clyde.  He's an institution and nobody else can touch him.  He is the only person in the world who can make watching Knicks games fun.

12 hours ago, justice98 said:

I would think that, but whippings like that tend to refocus the victim if the victim has some heart.  They got up 2-0, got comfortable, got punked, and now I expect Boston to come out MUCH differently for game 4.  We saw it in Game 3 against the Hawks.  Spurs just did it in Game 2 after getting roasted in Game 1.

15 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Really ? 

They lost, severe ehh...I think the C's figure... save it for next game. C's got dominated, I admit that and it is what it is. 

I did lose money on the game though, just not with an ES guys. 2 stacks. 

Good luck Bullets fans. I know you don't believe it, but I want my fellow Redskins fans that happen to be Bullets fans to enjoy some success. 

Trash talking, well...sometimes. 

I can see that, but at the same time this could be 2-1 for the Wizards pretty easily.  I don't think the Celtics should feel supremely confident that they have the momentum. 

At any rate, these teams match up well with each other so I do expect a battle in Game 4.  Add on to the fact that they hate each other and this is by far the most entertaining series going right now.

Hubie certainly goes off in tangents, and I disliked him years ago. But to me he is like Tolkien: long winded, informative, and I lose interest fast. But then a wave of facts hit me and I learned all about Tom Bombadil and that Sauron's evil ambitions started with listening to some unholy metal.

• Like 1

Everybody's got to be allowed to play physical? Man, one look at Marcin right now is all you need to know about who is gooning this joint. You got Otto out here dropping blood from "accidental headbutts", beal Otto and Oubre getting head shots, wall getting his legs taken out, Morris with the Bruce Bowen special... IT knows the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 2

Kevin Harlan is a GOAT...

I'm sure y'all don't remember, but we played the Thunder on TNT this year. Destroyed them; game was over by the third. During one of the promos, Harlan sold the hell out of the Bacon King lol He was so good, I think I went to Burger King that night and got one. Lol 

He's always selling the most mundane things. It's hillairious. 

• Like 1