Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gortat grabbing 10 rebounds in an OT game is just sad.

Paper thin front court. Horrible back up PG. 

I swear all off-season I read what a great addition Satoransky was going to be. Dude will be back in Europe soon.

Im sure Ernie will find another Euro stiff to hype up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Y'all complain about everything.  Even when you win.  Like there is some grand conspiracy against the Wiz.  

News flash.....There isn't.  

You might want to go join a less EXTREME forum. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I swear all off-season I read what a great addition Satoransky was going to be. Dude will be back in Europe soon.

At this point, I'd play him over Jennings.  Jennings is just a really bad fit next to Wall, and we're down to a three guard rotation, so he's got to play with him.  Sato isn't a reliable shooter, but he at least gives you size and some defense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

At this point, I'd play him over Jennings.  Jennings is just a really bad fit next to Wall, and we're down to a three guard rotation, so he's got to play with him.  Sato isn't a reliable shooter, but he at least gives you size and some defense.

Doesn't hurt. Brandon Jennings is just awful. Can't pass, can't score, can't defend. 

How good is Brad Stevens though. I wish Ernie had the balls to go after a visionary coach like that. 

Instead we went with good old Randy Wittman for god knows what reason.

I'm really frustrated with Mahinmi too.  I'm frustrated with the fact that Jason Smith is the only player we've picked up since last year that's made a positive contribution this series.  And I'm frustrated with the fact that Morris, Oubre, and Smith both played through severe-looking injuries and Mahinmi hasn't.  Porter, Wall, and Beal all got roughed up and played on.

But we do not have any real information about Mahinmi's injury and every injury is unique.  If he can't play, then he can't play.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Thats cool.  I'm out.  

No. Don't go. Wait....

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

How can Leonsis justify keeping Grunfeld? He spent all of our cap space on one of the worst benches in NBA history.

I don't know about all that. The bench has talent and versatility, we just haven't really been able to see them all at one can time. 

It's been incredibly hard to beat the "atic" out of this "fanatic" -- but after 25+ years I feel myself detaching from putting heart and soul into my sports teams success.  

So glad to see Wall, Morris and Gortat compete hard --- and I love the other 3.  But it was pretty much 7 on 6 basketball out there, and that catches up.  Wizards had chances to win, even against the refs... waving off the 3 made a difference at the end.  

I can't even hate too much on the Celtics, Thomas balled... and I think most of us would have taken Horford as a FA.  

Wizards need to punch back hard game 3 and Celtics will be looking to knock them out.  

Throw whatever name you want at me.. but I gotta protect my heart from fanaticsism... I am not going to call my home team players garbage, when they leave it all on the court.  40+ for even Gortat... 

• Like 1

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

they come into the game and its instantly advantage other team.

The bench is ass.

The problem with the bench is that there is no offensive creator. Jennings was supposed to be, but all he creates are bad possessions. Bogdanovic is a spot up shooter, but he can't do anything with the ball in his hands. Oubre is in more for defense/hustle. Smith is an okay big guy.

We need someone like Ramon Sessions or hell even Andre Miller from a few years ago.

Meanwhile the Celtics have Smart and Rozier who combined for 9 assists off the bench.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Boston sucks.

Wiz in 6.

Next...

I think we win the next 2 at home then it's a 3 game series. Who knows what'll happen then but we've been the better team for 6 out of 8 and a half quarters. But when you're down 0-2 that means nothing.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Yup, I'm going to kill some video game bad guys before bed.  

I have to be up at 6 for work and going to sleep is going to be a **** tonight. Can't wait for Thursday. I have tickets to games 3 and 4. I hope the DC fans show up and it's not a lot of celtics fans.

• Like 4

I'm still pissed that the ref took away that 3 pointer we made on that Smart foul

I'm still pissed we blew a 6 point lead with 2:30 to go

I'm still pissed we couldn't get a better last shot in regulation

I'm still pissed that Beal can't hit a shot

I'm still pissed that Jennings is complete trash

I'm still pissed that we can't defend the P&R

I'm still pissed that we got lit up by a freaking midget

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm working an overnight. I see a fly that i'm gonna pretend is named Ernie

Been doing that for a decade now. 

Mad props to Ernie though. Dude should write a book on job security while being terrible at the job part.