Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That Beal short-arm at the buzzer was devastating.  That's the shot you have to have to steal one on the road in the playoffs.

Felt like that game ended right there the way IT was playing at home.  You right, have to make those.

How many game winners does John Wall have?  Felt like I haven't seen a lot from him in that, but a lot of opportunities. 

• Like 2

I still can't get over Beal's performance last night. He's gotta be hurt or something. I mean, he couldn't even dribble at times. He was awful. He owes us these next two games. He needs to personally make sure we get back to Boston with a 2-2 tie in this series.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I still can't get over Beal's performance last night. He's gotta be hurt or something. I mean, he couldn't even dribble at times. He was awful. He owes us these next two games. He needs to personally make sure we get back to Boston with a 2-2 tie in this series.

It's like he forgot how to play basketball for one game.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

We'd better not find out his teammate slept with his girl or something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he played like he was concussed

did they ever put him through the protocol?

I swear i thought he had a concussion 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

This pissed me off so bad. That was the ball game. Some of yall can complain all you want about us calling out the refs but that was a horrible no call and it cost us the game (along with a multitude of factors we had complete control over so I can only be so mad about it) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Felt like that game ended right there the way IT was playing at home.  You right, have to make those.

How many game winners does John Wall have?  Felt like I haven't seen a lot from him in that, but a lot of opportunities. 

He isn't that great at them. He has made some clutch shots though. I hated that there was no drive to the basket. That is basketball 101. It's too bad that they probably thought they were not going to get a call and it's not easy making floaters in the lane when you are getting manhandled. John Wall's ego gets the best of him at times. I get that he is doing crazy superhuman things at times but I feel like he is also not the brightest guy at times. 

I'll also add that the refs and lack of fundamental basketball and defense makes watching these games down right torture. 

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

It's worse than I remember and I remembered it being bad.  :blink:

I missed some the first half.Yikes! He looked high Af out there. Mental mistake after mental mistake.

@BRAVEONAWARPATH

Not only the non call on that play but the touch foul at the other end. Disgusting. Thats why people were ready to kill dude trolling in this thread yesterday. I just started getting back into the NBA this year and this is also the stuff that makes not want to. Its bad for the NBA period. I feel like they could make the sport more popular by getting this corrected but maybe its all a fix WWE.

The worst part is all these non calls had totally screwed over our momentum and mental side of the game. I wish the players could shake it off but they seem like they can't because they are down right tired of it. Should Wall just go off at the Media and loose it. I don't think I've ever seen a worst non call at the end of a game. 

Edited by JPG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JPG said:

He isn't that great at them. He has made some clutch shots though. I hated that there was no drive to the basket. That is basketball 101. It's too bad that they probably thought they were not going to get a call and it's not easy making floaters in the lane when you are getting manhandled. John Wall's ego gets the best of him at times. I get that he is doing crazy superhuman things at times but I feel like he is also not the brightest guy at times.

The funny thing is that as good a shooter Beal is, I still want the ball in John's hand at the end of the game because of his ability to score.  His decision making around the 30 second to 2 minute mark is what I am more concerned with.  We have time to run actual plays but everyone stands around flat footed and John is either heaving up 3's or going behind the back trying to create space with 3 seconds on the shot clock. 

The rest of the team will have to step up in big situations, because if they make it to the next round, Lebron will be guarding Wall at the end of the game and it will be just like Derrick Rose several years ago.  In that situation the smart thing is to go to someone else.

Out of all the non-calls from last night, the one CALL for us that actually hurt us was the blocking Foul on Smart.

We were up 10 with crazy momentum. They took back Oubre's three and we turned the ball over. I think Horford hit  a mid-range shot after that.

So instead of being up 11 with momentum, we were up 5 with no momentum and a hot Isaiah Thomas.

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Also, its probably time to bring back Burke and Satoransky. Burke and Wall may be better because Burke can play off ball, and Beal and Satoransky may be good because of the length.

I liked the Jennings move, but he's done nothing for us. The least we can do is stop playing him with Wall. He looks better with Beal, not much better, but still.

• Like 3

I feel like with 13 seconds left. You don't dribble down the court all nonchalant. Get one pick and act like Jordan. He should of got it down the court quicker and moved it around and try and get an easier shot. As said earlier hero ball BS.

24 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

Out of all the non-calls from last night, the one CALL for us that actually hurt us was the blocking Foul on Smart.

We were up 10 with crazy momentum. They took back Oubre's three and we turned the ball over. I think Horford hit  a mid-range shot after that.

So instead of being up 11 with momentum, we were up 5 with no momentum and a hot Isaiah Thomas.

I liked the Jennings move, but he's done nothing for us. The least we can do is stop playing him with Wall. He looks better with Beal, not much better, but still.

Yep. That was the turning point. We win the game going away if the 3 stays. Thats just absurd to me.

Yeah, I'm still pissed.

35 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wall's legs were gone. 

Also, its probably time to bring back Burke and Satoransky. Burke and Wall may be better because Burke can play off ball, and Beal and Satoransky may be good because of the length.

Now? In the playoffs? No way I wanna see Burke at all lol. Or Sato, if we can avoid it 

Jennings has experience and can pass. Tre Burke is me with a jumper please God no

Jennings has done nothing outside of those 10 points against ATL though y'all are right. 

Damn I wish he would wake up

Edited by Llevron

Beal took a hard blow to the head from Terry Rozier's shoulder last night.  He ended up on the ground and unable to get up for a bit and Markieff Morris had to foul to stop the clock and it was a foul that took him out of the game.  It was a pretty big turning point.  I wouldn't be surprised if Beal actually did suffer a concussion on the play.