Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Y'all complain about everything.  Even when you win.  Like there is some grand conspiracy against the Wiz.  

News flash.....There isn't.  

If you are going to call it rough, call it rough for both teams. But you can't let one team hard foul all night, and the other get touch fouls. There is no consistency in officiating from possession to possession. 

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Look at the FT discrepancy. Look at the last 3 minutes and OT. The refs swallowed whistles on  one end and worked them OT on the other end. 

I know, y'all point this out all 82 regular season games and any playoff games......... Complaining when you win and lose.  Never happy.....etc. etc. etc.

Brooks is being exposed again. No adjustments on Thomas. I'm sorry but that SOB is not Allen Iverson and you cannot keep letting him switch onto our bigs and do nothing about it. Also the classic Scott Brooks end of game TO. Give it to your best player and let him play hero ball. Awesome.

Not surprised IT got 14 FTs and Wall got 7.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

NBA has the worst refs in pro sports. 

Ya it's embarrassing how bad NBA officiating has been, for a while now. If they'd fix that, it'd be an exponentially better league. Til then, it will continue to be #4 of the 4 main sports

• Like 1

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I know, y'all point this out all 82 regular season games and any playoff games......... Complaining when you win and lose.  Never happy.....etc. etc. etc.

Why would we be happy when the officiating is completely one-sided? Many of the wins are in spite of the officiating, while we have seen both Atlanta and Boston win because of officiating. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonkFan8 said:

Not going to win with nothing from Beal, Jennings, and Bogdonovic. Defensively something needs to change, can't keep switching and giving IT easy buckets on Morris, Porter, and Gortat. Super disappointing loss.

Bog only played 7 minutes, can't really blame him.  

You can blame whoever failed to sign a backup PG, built a thin roster, and hired a coach that is terribly weak with X's and O's (again).

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

For real. I had a response typed out but didn't send it because it'd get me banned. I love when opposing fans of LOSER TEAMS come in here telling us how we should or shouldn't feel.

I'm seriously pissed. Haven't been this pissed in a sporting result in a long time. I hate Boston. Absolutely hate them. Everything about their team can kiss my ass. I hope Cleveland absolutely annihilates them in one of the most crushing sweeps of all time.

Send me a PM of what you wanted to say.  

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Brooks is being exposed again. No adjustments on Thomas. I'm sorry but that SOB is not Allen Iverson and you cannot keep letting him switch onto our bigs and do nothing about it. Also the classic Scott Brooks end of game TO. Give it to your best player and let him play hero ball. Awesome.

Not surprised IT got 14 FTs and Wall got 7.

Good point. Why do we have Morris guarding IT so much? They'll keep exposing that till it's fixed

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Bog only played 7 minutes, can't really blame him.  

You can blame whoever failed to sign a backup PG, built a thin roster, and hired a coach that is terribly weak with X's and O's (again).

Wasnt he executive of the year a month ago?

I will fight that man if i ever see him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Also F Ian Mahinmi. Morris nearly broke his ankle and came back two days later to have a great game and you are missing playoff games because of a ****ing strain? Get on the court and earn your paycheck.

muscles and bones are totally different animals

Why arent they trapping IT when he crosses the half court line? He the only one that can beat you. GET THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS

Beal put in a really weak performance tonight too. He hid.

4 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Also F Ian Mahinmi. Morris nearly broke his ankle and came back two days later to have a great game and you are missing playoff games because of a ****ing strain? Get on the court and earn your paycheck.

id buy him out if he dont play game 3.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

Why arent they trapping IT when he crosses the half court line? He the only one that can beat you. GET THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS

Beal put in a really weak performance tonight too. He hid.

The Celtics beat the **** out of Bradley all night and unfortunately  they shook him.

• Like 1

We need both Wall and Beal to play like superstars to win, at least on the road. At home you expect to get more from your bench. Beal was atrocious tonight. In fact the entire postseason he's been extremely bipolar. He's had great games, and he's had awful ones. I'm not saying CUT HIM or anything crazy like that, but he's gotta be better. The bench...I don't know what to say. Jennings is awful, god awful. He dribbles around but doesn't really DO anything. Bogdanovic is a spot and shooter who is still cold from 3. Smith is a nice 3rd big but gets exposed on defense. Oubre hustles and defends but you're basically playing 4 on 5 on offense when he's in.

We have GOT to defend the 3 better. Its utterly embarassing. They were during one stretch in the 4th getting open 3 pointers on EVERY possession. The ones they didn't score they just missed. But they were all wide open. We are horrendous at defending the pick and roll. Brooks needs to go back to basics in practice. I mean its one thing if they're hitting contested 3 pointers, you live with those. And its not just IT. They're generating these open looks for role players, bench players everyone. Meanwhile Beal keeps bricking shots. What can you do with donkeys like Rozier and Bradley outscore Beal?

Offensively we could do better too. I know that sounds kinda crazy because we scored a decent amount tonight but that was mostly because of Wall being superhuman. We don't run sets consistently to get open looks. Compare our possessions to Boston's, particularly late. They constantly have clean looks and generate space. Our guys are running into walls. We also have too many dead possessions on offense when its just Wall dribbling a few feet behind the 3 point line and not doing anything until about 5 seconds on the clock. Ball needs to constantly be moving around.

I'm worried that Wall is running out of gas. He's had to play a ton of minutes going back to the Hawk series and not play a ton, but play them at max energy on both ends. We can't afford to rest him for even two minutes because the bench brigade gives up 8-0 runs in 90 seconds. I feel bad for him. If he got any sort of consistent production from some of his teammates we're a shoe in for the Conference Finals. I hope the rest of the league is watching and looking at him and saying " I want to play with THAT guy." I'm looking at you Paul George.

Its not panic time yet but obviously we have to do our job now and win at home. We lose one of the next two its over. Winning tonight would have gotten us some breathing room and of course would have given us the opportunity to get a huge momentum shift if we could get both at home to go up 3-1. As it is now, gotta win both games at home and send this back up to Boston 2-2. Obviously Game 3 is a must win.

Its frustrating because the Celtics are absolutely beatable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So no warning for Steve running his mouth at me.  Just gonna pull the mod stuff when I defend myself?   

Thats cool.  I'm out.  

You only have to worry about yourself. We'll worry about everyone.