Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Boston sucks.

Wiz in 6.

Next...

What's the wager Beal ? I give you game 4...yep, 3-0 lead for the Celtics. KDawg must be so conflicted. 

C's in 5. 

This team is like the Cowboys of the last 20 years. Choke artists. You guys always want to blame the refs for every game won or lost. It's strange. 

Wall is a star player. The rest of those guys are average players. 

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm really frustrated with Mahinmi too.  I'm frustrated with the fact that Jason Smith is the only player we've picked up since last year that's made a positive contribution this series.  And I'm frustrated with the fact that Morris, Oubre, and Smith both played through severe-looking injuries and Mahinmi hasn't.  Porter, Wall, and Beal all got roughed up and played on.

But we do not have any real information about Mahinmi's injury and every injury is unique.  If he can't play, then he can't play.

Team probably looking at him funny in the locker room.  For all of Morris' warts, that guy will flat out die on the floor before missing a game. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

What's the wager Beal ? I give you game 4...yep, 3-0 lead for the Celtics. KDawg must be so conflicted. 

C's in 5. 

This team is like the Cowboys of the last 20 years. Choke artists. You guys always want to blame the refs for every game won or lost. It's strange. 

Wall is a star player. The rest of those guys are average players. 

In what universe are the Wizards choke artists?  Utter nonsense. 

Choking is being up 3-1, 3-0, 2-0, etc. in a series and losing.  NOT being down 0-2 to the #1 seed in the East. 

As a matter of fact, if injuries didn't play a role in the Wizards falling short the last time they were in the playoffs, I'd bet EVERYTHING they would have made an ECF appearance. 

This series has a long way to go before it's over.  While last night hurt, there were prime opportunities to win the game.  Stop IT, win the series.  Easier said than done, but it's just that simple.  They need to go and watch the tape of the last C's/Cavs matchup and see how Lebron designed the game plan to exploit IT over and over and over.  Figure out how to not get sucked into switches and keep Oubre on him when he's in the game.  It goes on and on.  This team is not made out of teflon.  This is a winnable series. 

• Like 1

IT only shot 14 FT's. The Wiz have nobody to blame but themselves for choosing not to play defense. In the end if they played adequate defense, they'd be up 2-0 right now. Up 6 with 2 minutes left and they give up two open looks from 3. Unacceptable and Scott Brooks is a problem if he cannot adjust quarter by quarter.

I see the same bull**** that cost us vs. the Hawks and made that a longer series than it needed to be. Still GOD AWFUL defending pick and rolls, still leaving guys open from three via poor rotations and not adjustments on the other team's best player. 

And to top it off, no legitimate gameplan coming out of a timeout with a chance to win the game. Just let Wall take a terrible fadeaway contested.

The defense has to improve at whatever cost it takes or we're going home in a few days for good. 

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

And to top it off, no legitimate gameplan coming out of a timeout with a chance to win the game. Just let Wall take a terrible fadeaway contested.

Wall rushed it. But he has to take that shot. If there is anyone I want blaming himself for a loss its the best player on the team. Bron Bron used to miss open looks to close games too. He has fixed that. Wall will too. But he has to shoot them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

In what universe are the Wizards choke artists?  Utter nonsense. 

Choking is being up 3-1, 3-0, 2-0, etc. in a series and losing.  NOT being down 0-2 to the #1 seed in the East. 

As a matter of fact, if injuries didn't play a role in the Wizards falling short the last time they were in the playoffs, I'd bet EVERYTHING they would have made an ECF appearance. 

This series has a long way to go before it's over.  While last night hurt, there were prime opportunities to win the game.  Stop IT, win the series.  Easier said than done, but it's just that simple.  They need to go and watch the tape of the last C's/Cavs matchup and see how Lebron designed the game plan to exploit IT over and over and over.  Figure out how to not get sucked into switches and keep Oubre on him when he's in the game.  It goes on and on.  This team is not made out of teflon.  This is a winnable series. 

That's kinda damning with faint praise.  No, they're not choke artists, but what they are is, not good enough to get up 3-1 or 2-0 against a decent team in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That's kinda damning with faint praise.  No, they're not choke artists, but what they are is, not good enough to get up 3-1 or 2-0 against a decent team in the first place. 

Lets not forget how young this team is. Yall are acting like they need to blow the whole team up. The team is young and talented and all of our best players, save for Gortat, will likely be better with the playoff experience. 

We aint even out of this series yet. And, honestly, if being down 2-0 with two home games coming scares you enough to freak you out like this you dont understand basketball (not you specifically, Justice) . Yes, we should have won BOTH games. But we didn't. It happens. We are not the warriors lol. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lets not forget how young this team is. Yall are acting like they need to blow the whole team up. The team is young and talented and all of our best players, save for Gortat, will likely be better with the playoff experience. 

We aint even out of this series yet. And, honestly, if being down 2-0 with two home games coming scares you enough to freak you out like this you dont understand basketball (not you specifically, Justice) . Yes, we should have won BOTH games. But we didn't. It happens. We are not the warriors lol. 

I'm just saying nobody should really be freaking out because we were never really that good.  We all got ahead of ourselves with this team.  The East was not strong and they still wound up a 4 seed.  

The Celts are better on the road than we are, so the chances of them taking one at Verizon are better than the Wiz taking one up there, which is required now.

But sure, they may be a year or two early, but Boston is arguably younger than we are.  So the playoff experience thing is a wash.

Just now, justice98 said:

I'm just saying nobody should really be freaking out because we were never really that good.  We all got ahead of ourselves with this team.  The East was not strong and they still wound up a 4 seed.  

The Celts are better on the road than we are, so the chances of them taking one at Verizon are better than the Wiz taking one up there, which is required now.

But sure, they may be a year or two early, but Boston is arguably younger than we are.  So the playoff experience thing is a wash.

And conversely the Wiz are better at home than the Celtics are on the road so....:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I mean if you are comparing The Wiz and the Celtics then thats a whole other discussion. 

To your first point - The Wiz were not playing well to end the season and they still got the 4th seed. The Celtics only got to #1 because of strength of schedule and the Cavs didn't want it. Thats it. I dont think Wiz fans are ahead of themselves. It is reasonable to expect the squad to make it to the ECF, which is all anyone is really dreaming of anyway to be honest. And we still can. Again, down 2-0 in a seven game series when you are playing away means jack ****.

It was always required for us to take a road game in this series. They have home court. This is what I mean.,,,that hasn't changed since the end of the regular season its not new information. Its not like we lost home court or something. We never had it. This is how the playoffs work lol

Boston is arguably younger, sure. But we are arguably more talented. Beal, Wall, Otto and Morris all get a year of experience together in the playoffs. That is better than anything Boston has going right now outside of that top 3 draft pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Doesnt matter, which one has home court advantage though?  Wiz wont win a road game.

The Wizards should be up 2-0 on the road. We REALLY need Mahinmi at the rim to make Thomas think twice about driving. 

Right now though, Brooks needs to find a way to stop allowing the pick and roll to kill us every damn possession.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

IT only shot 14 FT's. The Wiz have nobody to blame but themselves for choosing not to play defense. In the end if they played adequate defense, they'd be up 2-0 right now. Up 6 with 2 minutes left and they give up two open looks from 3. Unacceptable and Scott Brooks is a problem if he cannot adjust quarter by quarter.

I see the same bull**** that cost us vs. the Hawks and made that a longer series than it needed to be. Still GOD AWFUL defending pick and rolls, still leaving guys open from three via poor rotations and not adjustments on the other team's best player. 

The defense has to improve at whatever cost it takes or we're going home in a few days for good. 

Wall shot 7. And I guarantee he took much more, and harder, contact than Thomas. Look, the NBA pimped the hell outta the Isaiah Thomas story. AND, the NBA LOVES the Celtics in the playoffs because they equal ratings. The Wiz had to beat the Celtics, and the NBA bias toward Boston, and the "storyline" the NBA has been pushing for the last 2 weeks. Look, the NBA decided Draymond Green needed to be suspended in The FInals for game 5 because he did exact;y what wasn't suspendable in any other series, and they wanted a series. No suspension, no Lebron championship in Cleveland. No storyline fulfillment. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

The Wizards should be up 2-0 on the road. We REALLY need Mahinmi at the rim to make Thomas think twice about driving. 

Right now though, Brooks needs to find a way to stop allowing the pick and roll to kill us every damn possession.

Right. We can definitely win this game. But we need some nasty at the cup. We are allowing a guy shorter than me to cook us in the pain and im not ok with that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Choke artists in the fact that for the last forty years basically....even when they are good. They never get the job done. 

I know that it's not forty, I should simply say thirty five. 

That doesn't make you a choke artist, that just means your not that good.  It's not like we're coming in with the #1 seed and barely making it to the second round if at all, unlike some people we know.

• Like 1