Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

KD is either signing with the Thunder on a one year deal, or signing with the Spurs. Him coming to DC was nothing more of a pipe dream even if the Wizards didn't totally **** the bed this past year.

He has always been signing a 1 year deal with the Thunder, it was only a question amongst the hopeful.

KD has been off the table for a while. Will be back on the table next year...

In the meantime, Wall/Beal will be the the best backcourt in the East next year.

Our time will come.

Maybe....but I'm not saving cap space for him.

He has always been signing a 1 year deal with the Thunder, it was only a question amongst the hopeful.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion he ends up back in OKC.

Johnny Obeid ‏@JohnnyObeid  11m11 minutes agoLewisville, TX

So much for the plan lol y'all suck at life @TedLeonsis @ErnieGrunfeld

ClxFB9iUYAAtdzl.jpg

At least give us a charity meeting KD. Youre gonna hurt little Ernie and Teddys feewings...

Not sure how I'm going to feel about KD if he leaves OKC but doesn't come to DC. It's early, but it would not be a good feeling.

Durant was never coming to DC, it was just wishful thinking when everyone was talking about it the past couple of years.

He wants to win a championship.  Think he would do that here?  No.

it becomes more than wishful thinking when the GM essentially constructs his roster around the possibility

• Like 1

it becomes more than wishful thinking when the GM essentially constructs his roster around the possibility

Roster and coach.  All part of "the plan" that kept Grunfeld employed.  I'm seriously considering getting league pass and following the Timberwolves for a couple of seasons.  If I've got to watch a team fail, I should at least be allowed to choose an interesting failure. 

I don't doubt that. You know way more than me. I'd like to know specifically what moves you are referring to.

I am just speaking practically - there is no way Durant is coming to DC, under the premise that he wants to win a championship.

Anyone in their right mind can see how far this team is front contending. Adding Durant would make us a top 5 team in the east, but I truly don't think it magically makes us championship caliber. We need big men who can defend first and foremost, as well as some legit shooters who can defend.

Brewer had a good column in the Post today about how important free agency is this year for the Wiz. Ernie's quote was a little complacent. I suppose the GM should talk up his roster, but saying we have a good five and just need to add pieces is disconcerting for those who want to see this team make a jump.

If we really do have a good five and just need compliments then shame on the Wiz for keeping a coach for so many years that held everyone back. The answer is probably in the middle. I think we are a soft playoff team with all our pieces functioning well and with good health. I do believe coaching has held us back, but when I watch the Wiz (and I'm basketball dumb) I don't see any player that scares the opponent and that includes Wall.

We need big men who can defend first and foremost, as well as some legit shooters who can defend.

So are you saying an Olympic team ? 

Seriously, every team needs and wants that. 

It's the balance of defenders and scorers at any position that is most desirable. 

The trick is for some of them to be young, and most of them be good passers. 

This is the reason the Spurs have been good for so long. 

• Like 2

I mean seriously. If durant were to just go and join a team that's been a 50 win masterpiece for decades, or back to back finals contenders, I better not ever seen him try and rep DC gear again. No more skins colored shoes, or photos with him at a game talking about how he watched the Bullets in the phone booth growing up. He can go ahead and straight **** off with that nonsense, if that's the case.

You mean to tell me that the goddamn clippers and Celtics have a better shot at signing him than we do? The fact that this is even an option for him... Bring Cousins here, Ted. And preferably before the all star break. This joker is banished from the land.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Durant was never coming to DC, it was just wishful thinking when everyone was talking about it the past couple of years.

He wants to win a championship.  Think he would do that here?  No.

You could have said the same about Cleveland a few years ago.

Things can change very quickly.

• Like 1

I don't see him going to San Antonio. Why would he go to a team he just beat down in the playoffs? And I don't see him going to the Warriors because that would be the biggest **** move I can ever remember and the dude isn't a ****. He'll stay in OKC for another year and then make sure Westbrook stays too before re-upping long term.

Not even a courtesy ****, durant? I'll tell you this much, if Kevin joins San Antonio or golden state, I will lose all respect and would actively wish for his failure.

Why does he owe the Wizards anything?  Cause he grew up here?  Get out of here with that nonsense, it's a business first and those guys are out to win championships.  He can make his money anywhere, so it comes down to winning a ring or contending.  The Wizards do not offer that right now.  

Same with a vast majority of other teams.  Waste of his time and the Wizards.  

I mean seriously. If durant were to just go and join a team that's been a 50 win masterpiece for decades, or back to back finals contenders, I better not ever seen him try and rep DC gear again. No more skins colored shoes, or photos with him at a game talking about how he watched the Bullets in the phone booth growing up. He can go ahead and straight **** off with that nonsense, if that's the case.

You mean to tell me that the goddamn clippers and Celtics have a better shot at signing him than we do? The fact that this is even an option for him... Bring Cousins here, Ted. And preferably before the all star break. This joker is banished from the land.

baby-crying-o.gif

• Like 1

I absolutely would lose respect for Durant if he signed with the Warriors or Spurs. That's just taking the easy way out. Anywhere else, whatever, do what you gotta do. I think he's too much of a competitor to just go to a team like the Warriors or Spurs and take the easy way out to a ring. He still has a legacy to establish.

I think the Celtics might be the ideal spot in his mind. They have a lot of nice young players, complimentary star types like Isiah Thomas, but no real legit superstar. He'd also be in the East where he'd have a lot less competition. I don't see him going to the Heat as that would be too much like he were copying Lebron.