Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The defense is so bad it frustrates me to watch it. 4 transition baskets given up simply because the Wizards didn't get back after a shot attempt. They were in position each time, this wasn't caused by crashing offensive boards. Just lack of hustle.

Its obvious to me that the entire offseason gameplan was to focus on fast tempo offense via fast breaks. That is literally our only improvement. Its also the reason we have so many unforced errors, so many missed rebounds, and terrible defensive sets. Everyone is just waiting for a miss so they can get out on the run. A fast paced offense doesnt mean fast break offense...

Wall would be having an awesome night on offense if he hadn't missed those three layups. Numbers would be 15 points in 7-10 shooting with six assists.

But I don't like his work on D tonight. When he's on the ball, he's taken out by a pick and puts Gortat in a position where he has to foul. When he's off the ball he falls asleep and his man will slip out to the perimeter for open three point attempts. Messing up our defense by forcing tough switches.

We're going to lose this game at the end of the third or the start of the fourth quarter when we stop hitting threes.

That ****ing play I swear to God Randy. Let's use 15 sec of the shot clock where the ball doesn't move at all, but our shooters run the entire length of the court around screens.

If that initial shot isn't there, it's a turnover 9 times out of 10.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Caps went through a coaching carousel with GM George McPhee hiring (IIRC) 5 or 6 "rookie nhl" head coaches in a row.. He FINALLY got fired after 15 years of suck.. Ernie is only on what, year 12 or 13? He's still got another failed coach to hire before Ted will muster up the guts to fire him.. lol

George McPhee was a far better GM than Ernie has ever been. You don't become a Presidents Trophy winner by sucking even if they have always fallen short in the playoffs.

The two most ****ed up things about this season are that Beal has spent half of it injured and Wall is now mailing it in and demonstrating loser habits on the court that are just depressing.

The second one has been overlooked amidst all of the other negative things that have happened. But Wall deserves to be called out for the bull**** he's been pulling this season. Gives absolutely zero effort when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. His defense has been awful and is responsible for a lot of the breakdowns. He doesn't fight through screens when he's guarding the ball and he loses track of his man way too often when he's off of it. He isn't hustling back in transition except the couple times when he thinks he can make a chase down block. He doesn't take charges any more. He used to get back and successfully defend opposing 2 and 3 on 1s, not any more. On offense, he plants himself in a corner and just watches when someone else handles it. And even when he does have it, he's still making too many silly turnovers and settling for crap shot attempts.

Wall has given up on this season. It's obvious he doesn't believe in this team or coaching staff. He's taken a back seat and is now letting Jared Dudley and Drew Gooden and Alan Anderson call a player's only meeting and try and hold people accountable??? He's not ready to lead this team.

• Like 1

The two most ****ed up things about this season are that Beal has spent half of it injured and Wall is now mailing it in and demonstrating loser habits on the court that are just depressing.The second one has been overlooked amidst all of the other negative things that have happened. But Wall deserves to be called out for the bull**** he's been pulling this season. Gives absolutely zero effort when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. His defense has been awful and is responsible for a lot of the breakdowns. He doesn't fight through screens when he's guarding the ball and he loses track of his man way too often when he's off of it. He isn't hustling back in transition except the couple times when he thinks he can make a chase down block. He doesn't take charges any more. He used to get back and successfully defend opposing 2 and 3 on 1s, not any more. On offense, he plants himself in a corner and just watches when someone else handles it. And even when he does have it, he's still making too many silly turnovers and settling for crap shot attempts.Wall has given up on this season. It's obvious he doesn't believe in this team or coaching staff. He's taken a back seat and is now letting Jared Dudley and Drew Gooden and Alan Anderson call a player's only meeting and try and hold people accountable??? He's not ready to lead this team.

I generally agree, although I wonder how much of can be attributed to him playing through so many injuries. Eithere way, if its affecting him that much, he needs to sit for a few games and get right.

We all said Things would get ugly when Wittman's "motivations" begin to fall on deaf ears.

Ugh. Went to the game last night. WTF is DC closing streets at rush hour to remove snow?? Independence SHUT DOWN at 6:00pm. 15th St SHUT DOWN at 6:00pm. Cops blocking intersections to let dump trucks full of snow out -- while you have green -- and moving out of the way as soon as the light turns red. REPEAT 3 LIGHT CYCLES IN A ROW. Took me an hour to get from the DC line to 6th St. Took me 30 minutes to get from work in Ashburn to the DC line. Yes, I could have taken Metro but I had free parking under Verizon, so I couldn't pass that up!

As to the game, lack of defense, FT shooting, and Randy. If Randy is going to continue as the coach, PLEASE go back to the rock solid defense approach. The pace and space bull**** has got to go. Ernie hasn't assembled the shooting talent to run that system, and it isn't a fit for our bigs. 

Fire Ernie, fire regular season Randy (if he could coach like playoff Randy all the time, he would be a killer coach).

We've seen Wall's pouting and inconsistency too many times. I think it's becoming clear that he's a great player but he's not a leader. Not a bad guy, or a locker room cancer, but he's not the guy that is demanding, or displaying, consistent maximum effort. That ok, because like all good pass first guards he's always going to need stars around him to succeed anyway.

We need a GM that sets a better tone and has the vision needed to go out and make this team special.