Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Remember when the Wizards were the best defensive team in the East? Yeah, that sucked getting to the second round two years in a row. **** that style, let's try to mimic Golden State and run a "pace and space" offense. That'll help.

Isaiah Thomas would be a HOF if he played the Wiz every night.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

I gave the predictions that Boston was going to be better than the Wizards so much crap before the season and I couldn't have been more wrong.  Boston has flat out owned the Wizards.  In the 4 games these two teams have played this season Boston has won all of them and by an average of 20 points each time.  Wizards have lost by 20, 33, 2, and tonight 25. 

In the one close game the Wizards had against Boston John Wall scored 36.  Still not enough to get the win. 

On the bright side we do not have to play Boston again. 

I gave the predictions that Boston was going to be better than the Wizards so much crap before the season and I couldn't have been more wrong.  Boston has flat out owned the Wizards.  In the 4 games these two teams have played this season Boston has won all of them and by an average of 20 points each time.  Wizards have lost by 20, 33, 2, and tonight 25. 

In the one close game the Wizards had against Boston John Wall scored 36.  Still not enough to get the win. 

On the bright side we do not have to play Boston again. 

Stevens is a coaching genius.  Major coup by the Celtics to pry him away from Butler when they did.  He's not even 40 yet, and I think he has the brightest future of any young coach in the NBA.  Even on the interim scale, like Luke Walton.  It's not hyperbole, because Stevens is just that good with the X's/O's of the game.  Stark contrast to Wittman. 

We all knew the second Stevens was hired, he was going to be a game changer. The team he has failed in every aspect of getting top talent in FA and top picks in the draft. Heck they tried to trade like 4 1sts to Charlotte for the Frank Kaminski, and somehow failed at that! Yet they have a great team that works no matter who is playing on the court, a ton of future assets and draft picks, great contracts, and a maverick coach who is just getting his feet wet. Our team is like an anti-Boston.

2 of the 3 players we brought in this year had surgery at least once in the offseason and are on 1 year contacts, yet somehow our gameplan seems to be ruined if they are missing. The other guy we brought in has been responsible for a huge portion of the defensive lapses this season while playing undersized and out of position over our 1st round pick that we traded up to get. Another 3 players have been so injury prone that they missed over half of the season already, where one has been cut completely, one is a time bomb, and the third just broke his face with no timetable for return. Worst yet, we have a coach who despite all of this, continues to implement his antiquated rookie red shirt **** with a team that sorely needs injury-free/athletic bodies on the court. KD is not coming here for this nonsense.

What a waste of Wall's talents. I mean, did any of you all catch atleast part of the Golden State game last night? We are not worthy of even stepping on that court. Pretty soon we have a Thunder and Warriors two-step coming up... I have some Maker's ready for the occasion.

• Like 1

Welp, we reached the halfway point and Beal had played in 21 games. First game of the 2nd half of the season and Beal leaves after 9 minutes with a concussion.

Prediction time: In the remaining 40 games, how many will Beal appear in? How many will he start in? Will the team have a better record with or without him?

Welp, we reached the halfway point and Beal had played in 21 games. First game of the 2nd half of the season and Beal leaves after 9 minutes with a concussion.

Prediction time: In the remaining 40 games, how many will Beal appear in? How many will he start in? Will the team have a better record with or without him?

What is the O/U? 25?