Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd be shocked if he fires Ernie. I just don't see it happening. Ted loves his capitals and uses the Wizards as an tax right off. He couldn't careless about them because is he truly did they'd be the bullets again by now lol.

Not saying that isn't the case now, but that's the exact opposite of how the Ted era started. He's a basketball junkie, bought the Caps so he could get in on the Wiz when Abe passed. Took him a while to tell McPhee to kick rocks as well. I don't think we're stuck with Ernie much longer.

There's an part of me that doesn't want to see Durant leave OKC. I know it's stupid considering I'm an wizards fan and how much he would help the team, I just look at the fans in OKC that supported him and how much losing him would hurt their franchise. Especially if Westbrook bolts. But I won't complain if he comes home either lol.

Eh **** em. They shouldn't even have a team. The Sonics leaving Seattle was/is a freaking travesty.

They're going to win the championship this year. Westbrook and Durant are starting to roll and their offense is unguardable. Golden State and San Antonio might play the prettiest team basketball. But the playoffs are always ugly. OKC can simply overwhelm them with their talent.

The real X factors for them are the progression of those young bigs, if Cameron Payne will develop, and if their wing shooters will hold up. Adams and Kanter are getting good. Kanter is arguably the best sixth man in the league this year. Wishing we had been able to draft him in 2011. Cameron Payne has a chance to be really good. Like third option good. He is a great three point shooter and can play with or without Westbrook. They've got Morrow. Dion Waiters sucks, but he's really the only player in their line up I don't like. And whatever else he does, he creates shots. They're actually deep. Don't have to play Nick Collison and Kendrick Perkins any more.

So yeah, I don't feel bad for them. Who gets a team this good right out of the gate? Coming up on 40 years since we've had a team like that.

I hope we keep Dudley this summer. He's a gem of a role player. He's playing with the same fire and focus as if we were on pace for 60 wins, long after the season has turned to ****.

Dudley and Sessions are the start of a real bench. Except Dudley has to start because our PF situation is ****ed. Get a PF (Ryan Anderson please) and put Dudley in his natural bench role and you've got seven players. Slide Oubre into a regular role on the bench next season and that's eight. Find a back up C for nine (my preference is for Bismack or Pachulia). Get a shooter at SG to compete with Temple for the back up SG spot, that's 10 and 11. Draft or trade for a young PF with some energy and bounce in his legs for the 12th guy. Use the last three spots for guard, wing, and big man depth.

Doubt Ernie can pull all of those moves off though.

Another thing I wish we had is an Andre Iggoudala type vet to come in and play a big role off the bench. Maybe a former All Star that's an absolute junk yard dog on defense. Someone that can inspire a fairly lazy team to play the right way. I was kind of hoping that Oubre could eventually be our high energy stopper, but that's too much to put on him at this stage in his career.

I'm not entirely sure why, but Oubre's minutes have gone from spare to nonexistent. Kinda odd consider he's one of the few we have that actually tries on defense

I said this the moment he was drafted. The same thing happened to Otto. He simply doesn't play young players for some reason. The sad thing is this time is critical to Kelly's development and instead he's just wasting away on the bench. This is why I feel they should just deal away their first round picks while Randy is the coach. He won't use them and it's silly to keep picking them. Just get him an old vet that can jack up shots over and over again like Neal and Temple and he'll be happy.

I have no idea why Ted is so fascinated with keeping ****ty coaches and GMs? Sadly I don't see it ending after this season.

I hope we keep Dudley this summer. He's a gem of a role player. He's playing with the same fire and focus as if we were on pace for 60 wins, long after the season has turned to ****.

Dudley and Sessions are the start of a real bench. Except Dudley has to start because our PF situation is ****ed. Get a PF (Ryan Anderson please) and put Dudley in his natural bench role and you've got seven players. Slide Oubre into a regular role on the bench next season and that's eight. Find a back up C for nine (my preference is for Bismack or Pachulia). Get a shooter at SG to compete with Temple for the back up SG spot, that's 10 and 11. Draft or trade for a young PF with some energy and bounce in his legs for the 12th guy. Use the last three spots for guard, wing, and big man depth.

Doubt Ernie can pull all of those moves off though.

Another thing I wish we had is an Andre Iggoudala type vet to come in and play a big role off the bench. Maybe a former All Star that's an absolute junk yard dog on defense. Someone that can inspire a fairly lazy team to play the right way. I was kind of hoping that Oubre could eventually be our high energy stopper, but that's too much to put on him at this stage in his career.

Are the Wiz going to give Beal the max and should they?

Are the Wiz going to give Beal the max and should they?

They'll probably keep him, but unless he steps it up big time down the stretch, I don't think it'll be a max contract.

My position is that they should keep him, but nobody else seems to agree. Many Wizards fans have already traded Beal for about fifteen different sandwiches in their fantasy GM chairs.

They'll probably keep him, but unless he steps it up big time down the stretch, I don't think it'll be a max contract.

My position is that they should keep him, but nobody else seems to agree. Many Wizards fans have already traded Beal for about fifteen different sandwiches in their fantasy GM chairs.

I'm totally one them. I'd call up the Clippers about Griffin and see if Beal/Nene might work for them. :D

• Like 1

Did you see the piece that had Golden State as the front runners for Durant?

What ties does he have to that area? I guess he could go there and play second-fiddle to Curry or he could come here and play with an point guard who loves to distribute the ball. I personally think he stays in OKC but I just don't see anyway he goes anywhere but Washington if he leaves.

Yeah I read it. Woj Bomb. I think it's mostly based on the thinking: "Hmm, if Durant leaves OKC because he wants to go somewhere giving him a better chance to win, where would that be? Answer: Golden State and only Golden State."

My guess is that Durant signs a one year deal to stay in OKC. After that, he's going to see what Westbrook and Ibaka do.

Durant's staying in OKC. He doesn't strike me as the type to take the easy way out and go to Golden State. Also I don't think the Warriors are going to break up what they have going to accomodate Durant.

There is now 0 chance Durant comes here. None. The hometown factor has been destroyed.

• Like 1

I don't think he has a guarantee that Westbrook stays. My money is on Westbrook bailing to LA as soon as he can, and if he leaves why would Durant stay?

Their roster as it is know is great but is noncompetitive as soon as either he or Westbrook bail. If you can leave and go to a team that is a ready made contender for the next 3-5 years why wouldn't he? I don't think money is the huge motivator for KD I think he is more goal oriented than cash oriented.