Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Reminiscent of a 70-80s era Nuggets game. Highly entertaining.

Think we coulda beat em if we had KD out there?

You can kiss that dream goodbye. He's not coming here to watch Ernie sign injured players and keep guys like Temple around to play important minutes.

Wall is the 2nd best player on the floor and hes not in the same universe as Curry

No one is. Not even Westbrook is close. I'm honestly unsure if Jordan ever played at a level like Curry is playing this season.

Question: why was Beal lined up at the PF spot on a FT attempt? I think it was at the end of the third but it could have been the fourth. Predictably, GS rebounded the miss and got another possession from it.

Question: why was Beal lined up at the PF spot on a FT attempt? I think it was at the end of the third but it could have been the fourth. Predictably, GS rebounded the miss and got another possession from it.

Because Beal was playing as a 4 in the four-guard lineup of Sessions, Neal, Temple, Beal at the time.

This game was a great reminder of how badly the Wizards need another player at least as good as Wall. Golden State is absurdly good and they played Wall and a bunch of dudes that can sometimes hit shots.

Never going to happen. Even if Beal reaches his full potential, he won't be as good as Wall. Only way I could see a similar talent to Wall landing hear is if DeMarcus Cousins ventures here when his contract is up.

Beal acquitted himself well last night. Pretty much dueled Klay Thompson even, which was big because his three ball wasn't falling and Thompson's was. TBH, if Beal had been able to find his range, he would have outplayed Thompson. Thompson was surprisingly passive for some reason. Let himself become just a catch and shoot guy. I think he's kind of similar to Wall in Beal in how they won't get fully engaged night in and night out. Can be maddening.

Wall was almost as good as Curry, and actually generated more points than Curry did. That was surprising and encouraging. The real difference was between players 3-10. The Warriors so thoroughly outclassed us that I'm surprised we were able to keep it as close as we were. Credit to Sessions and Nene, who were outstanding.

Porter isn't as good as Harrison Barnes. Yet.

And we definitely don't have anything like a Draymond Green.

I feel better about this loss this morning than I did last night. Refs played a major hand in it though. Two crap fouls on Wall had him miss a decisive stretch in the third quarter, and the fourth was riddled with bad calls.

Man, that was quite a game last night.  I was in awe of what Curry was doing on the court.  He's amazing.  That being said, Wall did all he could to carry this team.  It was a good effort, but a very predictable outcome. 

I'm going to be real curious to see what this roster looks like going in to the 16-17 season.  This year is a wash because they're obviously going all in on KD.  However, when that plan inevitably falls short, I just hope that there's a very good plan B.