Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not feeling that confident about this one. I think we lit a fire under their ass after taking game one and they have too much fight in them to roll over and quit. They are going to be desperate. Going down 0-2 means they would be dead in the water and we probably win in 4 or 5. Feels like they win this one in a close one.

That said, we did this to the Bulls last year. They fought and fought and we kept it close and then ended up taking control right at the end. Broke them. We're going to be confident and focused and so I expect us to play well. We're not going to make it easy on them.

Hold up, hold up. This game is on NBA TV? What the **** is wrong with the NBA. 

I don't have NBA TV. You can't stream NBA TV. And League Pass doesn't include NBA TV online.....amazing.

:angry:

Edited by Duckus

I'm not feeling that confident about this one. I think we lit a fire under their ass after taking game one and they have too much fight in them to roll over and quit. They are going to be desperate. Going down 0-2 means they would be dead in the water and we probably win in 4 or 5. Feels like they win this one in a close one.

That said, we did this to the Bulls last year. They fought and fought and we kept it close and then ended up taking control right at the end. Broke them. We're going to be confident and focused and so I expect us to play well. We're not going to make it easy on them.

I'm more worried about the refs than I am about the Raptors themselves.

Also, Colin Cowherd has raised his ugly head again regarding Wall. That guy loves him some him. How is he still allowed a platform to speak? 

What did he say this time? Earlier this season he issued about as a close to an apology as you're going to get from him. 

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/when-winning-feels-like-losing-seven-tips-for-life-with-randy-wittman/

Strange times in D.C. There’s plenty of room for the Wizards to make a nice little playoff run, and there’s even more hope down the line. On the other hand, making a playoff run might save Randy Wittman’s job, and keeping Wittman definitely makes it much harder to get excited for the future. It’s like a much meaner version of the marshmallow test. You could choose to enjoy some marshmallows now, buuuuuuuut … it might get you repeatedly punched in the stomach for six months next year.

That’s where D.C. basketball is. Since at least January, the Wizards have bullied me into cheering for two opposing outcomes and constantly feeling guilty no matter what I choose. It’s horrible. I stopped watching games for about six weeks because of it.

It ends today. Give me the marshmallow. Yes, it’s too bad the Wizards can’t announce they’re firing Wittman regardless of what happens in the playoffs. That would make this easier. Everyone could cheer for John Wall with a clear conscience. It’s too bad this franchise can’t be trusted to make hard decisions, or even just to recognize that it’s playing basketball in 2015, not 1995. But that’s OK. Even without any guarantees, life is too short to play the long game with something as stupid as sports.

It’s time to embrace the Way of Witt and ride this stupid train as far as it goes. Here are seven tips for the journey.

much more in the link

• Like 3

What was the point of having an extra day in between games if they were just going to be put on some hard(er) to access channel? I figured it was because they wanted to fit everything on Nat'l TV.

Have you found it?  I still have no channel showing it.  A playoff game shouldn't be this hard to find on TV when you live 15 minutes from DC.