Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Solid win. No doubt it was a disappointing 4th quarter but the fact that they dominated the OT makes up for it.

The traditional Wizards team would have lost after that 4th quarter implosion.

Otto didn't have great numbers but played very well. He's come a long way over the last couple months.

Edited by the burgundy and gold

You could tell all you need to about Bucks feeling on the Toronto fans with his reaction to thrm cheering Pierces injury

Yeah that was a really trashy move.  I don't care how much you hate a player, that's just bad sportsmanship.  No way I would ever cheer if James Harden got hurt even if he was in the process of dropping 70 on us and I don't think I've ever disliked a player more than him.

Fantastic perimeter defense today.  Otto locked it down and the guards were flying around, rotating, trapping the ball, and contesting almost everything.  Bigs did a very good job protecting the paint too, and Nene's ability to come out to the perimeter and trap the ball really disrupted their guards.  These are good players we shut down.

We won this game on the glass.  Came up with almost every big rebound and we killed them on the offensive boards.

Otto scored but 5 points, but was the 2nd or 3rd most important player on the court today behind Pierce

And honestly, that's exactly the person I expected him to be when we drafted him. Sure, there are other players from that draft that we could use now, but when I wanted Otto, I wanted him because I thought he would be able to play some defense and just make those plays that you need somebody to make to win games. 

• Like 3

Otto scored but 5 points, but was the 2nd or 3rd most important player on the court today behind Pierce

I love the game Nene had too.  Probably could have stood to get more minutes but the flip side was he was very fresh in OT.  Got another double-double!  Just dominated the offensive glass.  Such a good defensive player and he's a big time space eater that kept their bigs from making too much of an impact around the rim.