Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Jorge Castillo
‏@jorgeccastillo
Wall on Pierce: "He was great. We’ve been asking all along to put him at the 4 a little bit. We’ve been talking about it."

"we've been asking all along to put him at the 4"

**** you randy

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

It doesn't bother me that much, he was just feeding off their crowd.

After seeing Toronto's crowd & now watching the Warriors crowd, I'm a little jealous. I want the phonebooth to be rocking when we come home.

Ujiri is the real deal...love his passion and I wish he was our GM. 

I'll take the win, but the final moments of regulation was Wittman in a nutshell.  A cluster****, and not letting guys play to their strengths.  This series arguably has the two worst coaches in the league.  Byron Scott would complete the tri-fecta, but he's playing golf. 

It doesn't bother me that much, he was just feeding off their crowd.

After seeing Toronto's crowd & now watching the Warriors crowd, I'm a little jealous. I want the phonebooth to be rocking when we come home.

Meh, Toronto's crowd was insane for about the first five minutes. From the 2nd quarter on they were pretty much your standard crowd and nothing to write home about.

I remember during the Gilbert years how crazy the Phone Booth rocked.

• Like 1

I liked when Beal waved to Lowry after he fouled out. I love when he shows a mean streak.

He was probably a little annoyed about that foul.  Sweeping a players legs out from under them when they are up in the air is sure to leave them upset. 

For Beal to have that bad of a game, and we still get the W has to be huge for the team's confidence. Let's face it, sans that late 3-pt play that was just posted, he was some straight up booty today. I don't see him being that bad again either. And like I said earlier, it wasn't that he was taking bad shots, them things just weren't going in. And when he hit the side of the backboard, I knew that today wasn't his day. He'll be okay though. 

I'm still mad at Gortat for not dunking it those 2 times. He can be such a pansy sometimes.

Kudos to Wall for coming up big when we needed him to. But he and Beal need to shoot better than they did. Our D was good, but we can't count on them shooting as poorly as they did again, and will need better shooting ourselves.

My heart has overruled my brain for now, especially given that it was a close game (close losses won't get Burt & Ernie fired). Go Wiz.

That whole Chicago series last year was ugly like this. We can win ugly when we cohere on D and let our dicks swing. Aren't any Eastern Conference teams that can punk us, we can play bruiser ball.

But say we end up winning the slugfest with Toronto... Atlanta is scary. Their execution will be on point and the coaching advantage will be painful. We will have to find a way to turn that series into a wrestling match to have any chance. But I don't think we can stop a team like that from playing the way they want. They are not going to be pushed around like Cleveland, get frustrated like Toronto, or miss shots like Chicago. They are just relentless in the excellence of their execution.

I feel like the jinx today - my kids were busy and I was following on the phone - stopped following when Wizards were up 82-79 and ran some errands... I hear that it went into OT and the next thing I see is 87-82.

I'll admit to watching scant Wizards (vs. Lakers / Clippers) this season, but what frustrates me is the inconsistency -- as in clearly they upped the intensity in OT. It seems like "we" the fans like to blame the coaching, but the team itself has the talent to squeeze out a couple more wins and put it together at both ends. 

I was able to watch the OT when I got home and loved the intensity.  Gortat probably not happy with OT, but had the right 5 on the floor.  Nene was a monster on d in overtime. 

Weren't we talking that Nene only had 1 double-double this season?  And he plays 21 minutes and records one in the post-season! 

Golden State only won by 7?!

Edited by Fergasun