Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just finished watching the game on DVR. I'm not going to lie, I know almost nothing about basketball. I only started getting interested in the Wizards last year because they are the best team in town. Hopefully my analysis will be encouraging to the true ball fans.

-John Wall is a stud. He's not a perfect player but he's a friggin stud.

-The pace they play at is ferocious. We were down by 3 or 5 for most of the 2nd half. With 5 minutes left, I knew we would win. Our guys play fast and they wear out the other team.

-This team is going to be good for years… they will be among the top teams every year for the next decade. Some years they may be down if there is an injury. They will also win at least one championship in that time though.

Wallstar rocking a gray cowboy hat and Big Panda looks like the typical nerd from every 80s movie.  Thugs!

That looks awfully tight for a team plane. Ted can't spring for a classier bird?

That's an NBA basketball team on an airplane.  They'd need Air Force 1 to be able to crowd together for a picture and not look like they are in a clown car. 

Edited by Destino

Liking how although Beal is showing the expected inconsistent play of a player at his stage of an NBA career, he's also showing up when it counts.  To play well when it counts in an off game bodes really well for the future, he's looking another guy who has the mental makeup to make noise.

Wall is just in 'follow me, I got this' mode.  Last season's play offs look to have been educational and inspirational for the team as a whole but especially for John.  If you scripted a fantasy start to the season it would like like what we're currently witnessing.

That game was 100% guts. They didn't have much going for them, but they kept hustling and working the whole time. It worked out at the end.

Nothing sadder than an NBA star who starts complaining because the ghost fouls he used to get when his team was good.....just vanish. Not used to having to play to the same rules as everybody else.

That game was 100% guts. They didn't have much going for them, but they kept hustling and working the whole time. It worked out at the end.

Nothing sadder than an NBA star who starts complaining because the ghost fouls he used to get when his team was good.....just vanish. Not used to having to play to the same rules as everybody else.

Wade still got plenty of ghost calls last night. Just not EVERY trip.

Random stat from Bulletsforever: John Wall now has more double digit assists games this season (17/25 games) than Kyrie Irving has since graduating HS (16/216 games)

There really is no comparison anymore. The question is between Wall and Kyle Lowry as far as Eastern Conference PGs go.

Edited by Warhead36

"Even though we had a comeback -- that's nice and all -- but we're building for the long run," Pierce said, according to the Post. "It's not about today, winning the game today and how we won. We're building habits for the great teams, we're building habits for the playoffs, and that's what I'm looking at each and every night."

Feel the Truthiness!

• Like 3