Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Seems like every single time I've given up on tbe tem this year (only been like twice but still) I give up on the game and then am shocked later on when I see we actually won. So I'm gonna stick with that. Goodnight and good luck you all. I really do think this one is over. I got a book I been meaning to finish up. I'll catch you all tomorrow

We've shot more free throws, turned the ball over less, and scored more fast break points... But we are settling for bad jump shots while they are moving the ball faster and driving aggressively, resulting in better shots in this half.

The Suns of all teams are making us look soft. Didn't expect that.

Edited by Destino

Damn we needed that last one to drop. Just a bad shooting night blegh.

We've shot more free throws, turned the ball over less, and scored more fast break points... But we are settling for bad jump shots while they are moving the ball faster and driving aggressively, resulting in better shots in this half.

The Suns of all teams are making us look soft. Didn't expect that.

We need to make them pay for packing the paint. Randy needs to go small. Trying to match their size hasn't helped the defense and we're still getting worked on the glass.

They're playing a zone defense in the half court.

We can't make them pay by going small because we can't hit from deep. That happens. Only option is to try to get more physical than them, which this team talked about doing at home.

The only guy interested in contact seems to be Seraphin. Their guards are looking for contact and trying to get calls. Ours are taking mid range jays and getting rid of the ball as soon as they can otherwise.

Get into them and make them pay for playing so aggressive in defense.

We can't make them pay by going small because we can't hit from deep. That happens. Only option is to try to get more physical than them, which this team talked about doing at home.

The only guy interested in contact seems to be Seraphin. Their guards are looking for contact and trying to get calls. Ours are taking mid range jays and getting rid of the ball as soon as they can otherwise.

Get into them and make them pay for playing so aggressive in defense.

We haven't tried to go small. We've gone two big the entire game. Put Pierce at the four and Butler at the three and you'll have real shooters taking wide open threes or you'll open up the court.

Beal unnecessarily pump-faked.

Get into a ****ing set before there are only ten seconds left on the clock!

Jesus this is hard to watch. Just a pathetic performance with terrible effort.

We haven't tried to go small. We've gone two big the entire game. Put Pierce at the four and Butler at the three and you'll have real shooters taking wide open threes or you'll open up the court.

Beal unnecessarily pump-faked.

I'm saying out guys aren't hitting shots, which is probably why Wittman hasn't wanted to go small.

Literally, the first possession we go small the floor opens up, Beal attacks the rim and gets Alex Len out of the game.

And yet Randy was going to roll with a completely ineffective Nene for how long?? Nene was worse than invisible on offense tonight, he basically allowed Phoenix to play 5 on 4 when we had the ball and run a straight up zone defense.

Nene is completely ineffective scoring inside against length. He's useless in games like this if his jumper doesn't fall and it wasn't falling tonight.

Edited by stevemcqueen1