Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The ball movement.. reminds of the Spurs. Something special going on here.

Also, can't recall a time when our entire family sat around on Christmas and watched one of our teams win a nationally televised game. My kids were pumped, this is how the family tradition is passed on and I'm on cloud 9!

Edited by Stadium-Armory

Thank goodness for CSN. ESPN broadcast was making excuses for Knicks and crediting the Wiz for only beating bad teams.

There's some truth to that, hopefully the Wizards put some convincing wins up in the next month (because if they don't we'll lose ten more games). I'm not worried though, it's early in the season and wizards haven't dug themselves a hole. That's progress!

You don't back up a scrub like Acy. Now if that were Melo involved in an altercation, everyone would be jumpingin, but you don't risk suspensions/fines to defend a D-Leaguer who had been getting abused all night.

There is just something about beating up NY that always makes me happy. F that entitled fan base.

You don't back up a scrub like Acy. Now if that were Melo involved in an altercation, everyone would be jumpingin, but you don't risk suspensions/fines to defend a D-Leaguer who had been getting abused all night.

There is just something about beating up NY that always makes me happy. F that entitled fan base.

It always blows my mind the way people talk about the Knicks and the Bullets/Wizards have won a title more recently than them

• Like 1

It always blows my mind the way people talk about the Knicks and the Bullets/Wizards have won a title more recently than them

They've been on TV Christmas day 50 times apparently.  Ridiculous.

It's their fan base, not the franchise.  It's gigantic despite the fact the Knicks are just as basketball irrelevant as the Wizards were before this season.  Pop over to the Knicks board on RealGM and it's the biggest and most active board I think.  Either them or Chicago.  That's a loooot of masochistic fans.  I'm not sure there is anything else quite like it.

Acy suspended one game without pay. Wall fined $15k:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2310559-wizards-john-wall-and-knicks-quincy-acy-scuffle-during-christmas-day-game?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Some of those tweets are interesting to read. Acy is in denial mode while Wall admits to pushing Acy. 

Edited by Stadium-Armory

A one game suspension is fair.  He did swing at John, anyone can see that.  He missed though, that was a crappy swing.

Young Beal's reaction is my favorite.  There was murder in his eyes as he pushed Acy to the scorer's table.

I liked how Humphries was right there immediately too.  You wouldn't think he's as tough as he really is.  He's a scrapper.