Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love this team too but buckle up, from here to the end of January it might get rough. Schedule is going from mostly home against garbage, to playoff teams and a lot of road games.

... and Atlanta refuses to lose. WTF, lose a game you sons of ****es!

Edited by Destino

I love this team too but buckle up, from here to the end of January it might get rough.  Schedule is going from mostly home against garbage playoff teams and a lot of road games. 

... and Atlanta refuses to lose.  WTF, lose a game you sons of ****es!

Getting ten wins in December was a solid goal and we're already at 9. It'll be rough, but I think we win several games against good teams and really put up a good record coming out of the month.

Ya, two west coast trips in Janurary coming up.

First one will tell us a lot, but looking at the second one most of them look winnable, even on the road.  What I really find interesting is last year we were a much better road team then home team.  This year it looks like we're really focused on taking care of home, I'd love to seeif they can combine that with the tenacity they had on the road last year.

• Like 1

Ya, two west coast trips in Janurary coming up.

First one will tell us a lot, but looking at the second one most of them look winnable, even on the road. What I really find interesting is last year we were a much better road team then home team. This year it looks like we're really focused on taking care of home, I'd love to seeif they can combine that with the tenacity they had on the road last year.

Didn't we have identical home and road records last year? And the beef wasn't that we were better on the road but that we should be better at home?

• Like 1

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/martell-webster-appears-track-make-season-debut

Martell Webster appears on track to make season debut

Martell Webster spent about two hours after practice Saturday getting up shots and doing drills for his return which is expected to happen this week on a minutes restriction, as early as Sunday's home game vs. the Phoenix Suns (CSN, CSNwashington.com and NBC Sports Live Extra, 5:30 p.m. ET). 

CSNwashington.com reported on Dec. 11 that Webster, who had a third back surgery in the offseason and has yet to play in 2014-15, would be returning in less than two weeks from that date. If he doesn't play vs. Phoenix, it'll likely be Tuesday vs. the Chicago Bulls or Thursday at the New York Knicks. 

The Wizards have played 10 games already this month and have six left which means there are not a lot of chances for real, hard practice time. Webster hasn't gone through the extended 5-on-5 contact drills so he'll need to test his back during game action. 

The Wizards (19-6) aren't in any rush to have him back and want to minimize the risk of re-injury. Otto Porter and Rasual Butler are playing well off the bench so Webster will be eased back when he returns, evaluated after each time and ideally have his role gradually expanded as coach Randy Wittman has used small lineups more and more.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Didn't we have identical home and road records last year? And the beef wasn't that we were better on the road but that we should be better at home?

22-19 on the road is way better then 22-19 at home.  They haven't had a lot of road games this year to prove to me they are still as good a road team as they were last season.  I'm really not sure I understand where you're getting at by posting this response.

This feels like a bad game brewing. An unfamiliar opponent that's desperate to stay in the WC playoff chase and we've been a little sloppy and complacent.

I've been expecting a clunker, maybe it's tonight. Either way I'm watching because Wallstar vs the Dragon is must see tv for me. I hope Beal can handle the over paid Bledsoe too.

Washington is playing soft as hell. Phoenix is clearly keeping the ball out of Walls hands and everyone else is hesitating and trying to get cute with passes and shot attempts. Meanwhile the suns are going right at us. Usually when teams play this way, the aggressive team gets the calls in their favor.

They shouldn't let the suns punk them.

Is Buck calling Len, "Lin"?

Edited by Destino