Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not sure Chachie would want Gortat to be that happy to see him.  :lol:

Any of you guys seeing more Wizards stuff around town?  I've spotted two Washington Basketball long sleeve tees and at least half a dozen wizards hats over the past week.  Still haven't seen anyone in Wall shoes though.  Don't forget to request these frankenstein green ones for Christmas.  They'll go great with your ugly John Wall sweater. 

adidas-john-wall-sneakers.jpg

I'm not sure Chachie would want Gortat to be that happy to see him. :lol:

Any of you guys seeing more Wizards stuff around town? I've spotted two Washington Basketball long sleeve tees and at least half a dozen wizards hats over the past week. Still haven't seen anyone in Wall shoes though. Don't forget to request these frankenstein green ones for Christmas. They'll go great with your ugly John Wall sweater.

I got my Walls last month and started in a rec league 2 weeks ago, by far the best basketball shoes I've ever owned.

It's also fun to be the only guy in Chicago on the court wearing Walls in a sea of DRose Boosts.

I also enjoyed that all DRose boosts were marked down to 80 when I went shoe shopping.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I got my Walls last month and started in a rec league 2 weeks ago, by far the best basketball shoes I've ever owned.

It's also fun to be the only guy in Chicago on the court wearing Walls in a sea of DRose Boosts.

I also enjoyed that all DRose boosts were marked down to 80 when I went shoe shopping.

I might have to pick some up for rec ball and church league even though I normally prefer low tops.  I have CP3 8s right now.  I liked the kobe 8s I had but that foam they use doesn't last very long in the forefoot, three months in and the cushioning felt like chucks in the front so I figured I'd try something else. Those new Kyrie shoes look like a kobe alternative but I can't rock anything Cleveland Cavalier, I'd be disgusted with myself. 

Edited by Destino

No offense, Chachie, but Gortat looks a lot happier with the Chick-fil-a spread than he is with you. :)

I'm not sure Chachie would want Gortat to be that happy to see him.  :lol:

I can say for sure that Marcin the Martian was NOT happy at all yesterday. It didn't have anything to do with me but by day's end, he certainly didn't feel like taking any pics with fans. He was in to record a ton of public service announcements in Polish. He spent the entire day in front of a camera under hot lights in a small studio and I don't think he even felt like doing all that in the first place.

He generously posed with me though and before I could even finish saying "thank you," he was walking out the door. In fact, we snapped 4-5 pics together and the one you see here was the one where he was smiling the most.  :)

Click to read the rest.

http://hoopdistrict.net/john-walls-rule-mercy-none/

John Wall’s ‘Rule of Mercy’ – there is none.

“I’m picking and choosing people at my mercy. I’m picking and choosing what I want to do at times and not letting anybody speed me up and just start reading what the defense is giving me and what my coaches call at the same time.”

Those were the words of John Wall when asked about his growth over the course of five years playing in the NBA. The key term he used which stuck out to me: picking and choosing people at my mercy.

Let us first define mercy: compassionate treatment, especially of those under one’s power; clemency. A disposition to be kind and forgiving.

Now, let’s define John Wall’s rule of mercy: um, there is absolutely none.

Mercilessness is typically considered an unkind gesture and in most real-life situations, a trait that is disliked and unpopular. The more serious fashions of mercilessness are examples like The Pharaoh and other world tyrants. Lesser forms of mercilessness involve Eric Maynor floaters of the past (here’s one from 25 feet), or to be more relevant, Kevin Seraphin selfies.

But John Wall’s lack of mercy, as it applies to basketball, is in fact unkind but surely not disliked or unpopular. Should we go as far as calling him a tyrant on the hardwood? There’s no question he’s become one. His court vision is dictating; his hesitation move humiliating; a straight bully when he crosses you over; he’s imperious in transition; a domineering authoritarian the way he manipulates defenses into a cluster before zipping a kick-out pass to his wing. His defense? Oppressive. Need more analogies?

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1