Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I dont mind upside. Our team will live and die by the ability of John Wall. If Porter can contribute as much as a Harrison Barnes, or Kawhi Leonard, then i will be elated. We can turn Ariza/Okafor into a quality prospect at the 4 and move Nene to the 5 later.

I would love to try to package Ariza/Vesely for a stretch 4. Okafur is a guy I'd like to keep, especially with Nene's injury problems.

I dont mind upside. Our team will live and die by the ability of John Wall. If Porter can contribute as much as a Harrison Barnes, or Kawhi Leonard, then i will be elated. We can turn Ariza/Okafor into a quality prospect at the 4 and move Nene to the 5 later.

I would love to try to package Ariza/Vesely for a stretch 4. Okafur is a guy I'd like to keep, especially with Nene's injury problems.

I think the team needs to plan on getting rid of Okafor and Nene as soon as it's smart to do so.  That doesn't mean getting rid of them for the first offer because the team has no one to start in their place.  Booker and Seraphin aren't NBA starting caliber players.  

Okafor is the best rebounder on the team by a country mile and he's the best big defender.  

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but today on the Sports Fix on 980, they said that the current rumor has us working with Minny on a deal (Ernie and Flip working together again).

Minnesota gets: #3 overall pick

Washington gets: #9 overall pick and...Derrick Williams

Sorry if that's already been discussed (has it?) First time I've heard it. They said that Ernie LOVED Williams in that draft and tried to move up to get him then.

(OT: messing around with the new ES, sadly there has yet to be a mobile version of a website that I don't hate. Is there a way to make it default to the desktop view? Is there a thread or forum where questions like that can be asked (or where I can air my gripes)? Thanks.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

(OT: messing around with the new ES, sadly there has yet to be a mobile version of a website that I don't hate. Is there a way to make it default to the desktop view? Is there a thread or forum where questions like that can be asked (or where I can air my gripes)? Thanks.)

Hello there. :-)

OK, change your shorts and see the link below. :-D

http://es.redskins.com/forum/18-feedback-and-tech-support/

My god. If we were to trade our #3 for Derick Williams, I would be beyond pissed.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but today on the Sports Fix on 980, they said that the current rumor has us working with Minny on a deal (Ernie and Flip working together again).

Did Cleveland not watch him disappear for MD this year?  More importantly, I hope the Wizards spotted his frequent use of the cloak of invisability.  Sadly I see a likely Kwame Brown bust in his future.  Maybe Cleveland could hire MJ to come play some 1 on 1 with him to make them feel better picking him.

Which of the top 5 guys didnt disappear from time to time? I think Otto Porter is the only one that was consistent and teams are concerned about his upside.

Porter went through stretches of passivity too.  He doesn't force the issue.  But sometimes you want a guy to do that when the team is in a funk.

My god. If we were to trade our #3 for Derick Williams, I would be beyond pissed.

Yeah that would be a horrible deal.  Portland is probably going to sell #10 off for peanuts.  You don't give up #3 to move down to #9 just to pick up some other team's bust.

How talented is DW? I don't mean athletically, but how has he done in the NBA? I've read stories calling him a bust. But I've also read fans showing faith in him. Is that faith unfounded like some people in this thread supporting Vesely?

I ask these things because I wonder about the possibility of trading down and getting Williams + Len. Only problem with that is that we have so many young players AGAIN. And our team isn't known for development.

He's inefficient for a big man. Doesn't shoot the three ball well, doesn't play well inside, horrible passer and above average rebounder. 

Someone you can scout and draft in the 2nd round can give you similar production. But of course, that's asking too much from Terd and Ernie.

Edited by No Excuses

George Kehl fired? What do you think?  I mean yes they went out first round but he did have a good season.  Playoff records would be a concern though.

Its absurd that they let him go, but I think that he is going to end up with the Clippers.

Hey buddy, we've got a coach. :)

George Kehl fired? What do you think?  I mean yes they went out first round but he did have a good season.  Playoff records would be a concern though.

Lionel Hollins on his way out of Memphis as well. Playoff teams dropping good coaches, but we're sticking with Wittman though.  Makes perfect sense in the Wizards world.

Edited by StillUnknown

It's exactly 3 weeks to the day before EG ****s up a sure thing like the # 3 pick in the draft.   

Having the #3 pick is not a sure thing in itself. The draft is completely muddled, you have high ceiling/low floor options vs. high floor/low ceiling options.

Ernie scares me because there really is no obvious pick, when Ernie has to think, we're screwed. (see the 2009 & 2011 drafts)

I think my top 3 has settled like this:

McClemore

Bennett

Porter

I don't see any rookie having a make or break impact on our playoff chances next season. Those chances hinge on the core of our team (Wall/Beal/Nene/Okafor) staying healthy for the overwhelming majority of the season.

I would have no issues if we grab Porter, but with the 3rd overall pick, I would rather go with someone who has a bit higher upside (we gotta develop somebody to their full potential eventually right?).

That being said, Ernie's fighting for his job next season, I can't see him taking someone who he might not be around to see reach their potential. I see him going with Porter because he checks the most boxes and has the best chance at being immediately productive.

Edited by StillUnknown

Cleaned out my closet.  I had 3 Wizards jerseys.  I had a white Richard Hamilton, white Michael Jordan and Teal Jordan.  Threw them out (actually have to charity) as I don't want any Teal Wizards jerseys.  I have a Jordan RW & B home Bullets throwback along with and Unseld road RW & B.  Keeping only Bullets gear.  I still have my old Bullets pennant hanging up in my man cave. 

Loved the video MLSKINS.  Go Bullets, go Bullets, that's the reason I'm a Bullets fan.  Mur-eh-sahn!! 

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

Not that Ted listens to fans anymore. But it would be nice if a lot of people tweeted @TedLeonsis telling him to get George Karl as GM/HC right away.

Feels like there are some decent guys out there that just let their teams to great seasons. Seasons that the Bullets would love to have.

Last year Drummond was a freak athlete with a great frame that could already rebound and defend but people couldn't see past the limitations his team created.  Len is the same story.  He's not the freak athlete but he's a center with near ideal size that can pick and pop, put the ball on the floor, and score with his back to the basket.  Sadly he played for a awful terps team.  

When we have Seraphin starting for an injured Nene at center once Okfaor is gone we will regret not having drafted Alex Len.  The NBA has fallen in love with going small because of a lack of centers, not because it's a good idea.  

Edited by Destino

Not that Ted listens to fans anymore. But it would be nice if a lot of people tweeted @TedLeonsis telling him to get George Karl as GM/HC right away.

Feels like there are some decent guys out there that just let their teams to great seasons. Seasons that the Bullets would love to have.

I'd rather keep Wittman than hire George Karl. 

Seriously. 

Edited by RonArtest15

Seriously. 

Wittman might be the worst NBA head coach.  Keeping him over George Karl is crazy talk.  

Seriously. 

That is insane.