Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Had a dream about the NBA draft.  It got pretty jumbled.  For some reason we were picking 7th and a wide receiver and a running back were the top two picks.

And the WRs measurements were 5'9, 340 pounds.

Good thing you aren't a GM ;)

Had a dream about the NBA draft.  It got pretty jumbled.  For some reason we were picking 7th and a wide receiver and a running back were the top two picks.

I don't know, I like to think I'd do alright.  I'd at least pick someone from the right sport.

I'm remembering one of the X Men was the fourth pick in my dream.  I believe it was Iceman.  I'd have to see if his standing reach checks out, but if he's available at three, I think you have to take him.

Mr. Fantastic would be an amazing basketball player.  As would Stretch Armstrong.

• Like 1

If Len goes #1 I wonder what the Magic do at number 2. Odds are they trade with somebody to let them get Noel. But this kinda guarantees us either Noel or Porter.

I'm still having a hard time seeing Len go #1.  But I hope he does.  I think you're right that the Magic work out some sort of trade scenario with Noel.  But maybe not.  Maybe they take McLemore.

I wouldn't be opposed to making a swap with the Magic to get Noel at 2.

If Len goes #1 I wonder what the Magic do at number 2. Odds are they trade with somebody to let them get Noel. But this kinda guarantees us either Noel or Porter.

If they're smart, they take Noel, sit him a year and be front runners in the Wiggins sweepstakes.

• Like 1

If they're smart, they take Noel, sit him a year and be front runners in the Wiggins sweepstakes.

I've got to get into reading more to learn about Wiggins. My main thing right now is just trying to do well this year. I think we have a good enough team right now to be a playoff team, maybe an 8th seed or so, but still. I think it'd be hard for us to be a high lottery team again (even with the hoaxes).

I've got to get into reading more to learn about Wiggins. My main thing right now is just trying to do well this year. I think we have a good enough team right now to be a playoff team, maybe an 8th seed or so, but still. I think it'd be hard for us to be a high lottery team again (even with the hoaxes).

I fully expect us to make the 8th or 7th seed next year because its possibly the worst thing that could happen for our immediate future. We get in the playoffs, even as an 8th seed with a below .500 record, Ernie is getting extended.

I don't know, I like to think I'd do alright.  I'd at least pick someone from the right sport.

I'm remembering one of the X Men was the fourth pick in my dream.  I believe it was Iceman.  I'd have to see if his standing reach checks out, but if he's available at three, I think you have to take him.

Mr. Fantastic would be an amazing basketball player.  As would Stretch Armstrong.

Plastic+Man.jpg

Man, Len and Noel scare me.

Noel because of his health. Len because we've watched him at Maryland for a few years. Dude was benched in the NIT, right? Like I've posted before, Washington doesn't have anything in place to develop a big guy to be successful. No quality GM, a coach who is seemingly kept around on the cheap when much better options are out there..

The safe and smart pick is Porter. The slightly risky one would be Bennett. Going for a big man has train wreck written all over it. I'd rather sign Greg Oden and see if you can squeeze anything out of him on the cheap. http://nba.si.com/2013/05/18/greg-oden-comeback-blazers-cavaliers-heat/

brown.jpg

Also, on Simmons podcast on Sunday , his guest Ryan russilo said he's heard the Wiz would pass on Noel at 3 because of all the medical red flags and him blowing off meetings

Don't forget to add the fact that Grunfeld is a complete moron to that list of reasons why...

I love how the only people in the country down on Len are the ones that can't accept the fact that the Terps are poorly coached.  He's being talked about as the #1 overall and terp fans, and sympathizers, can't imagine him going in the top 10.   :lol:  

BTW - the reason Noel might fall is because reality is setting in.  His horrifyingly underdeveloped legs scare GMs (as they should) and he is a LONG TERM PROJECT.  His upside still makes him the favorite but GMs are seeing beyond the explosive leaping and are staring at the reality that they will probably be fired before he reaches his potential, if he ever does.  

Edited by Destino

I can see Len going in the top 10 on just potential and height. I could see him going top 5 to a stable franchise who had a down year but has a great coach and GM. I can't see him succeeding in Washington.

People in this area have visions of him being backed down by smaller and lighter guys too often. Yeah, guard play was poor. that doesn't explain his defensive issues at times.Only a few times did he look awesome. I went to see them live in Brooklyn and he played really well against Noel. Then the other Duke game he dominated. But you can't end up on the bench in the NIT. Come on, Man.

I think Turg has turned a corner finally undoing a lot of years or really poor recruiting by Gary. I hate to say it, and especially after he admitted to thinking about retiring right after winning the title. But, he didn't follow up his championship by working his butt off. We all know he doesn't like shady AAU coaches, etc etc. But that's reality today, and you have to deal with them some.

Also, on Simmons podcast on Sunday , his guest Ryan russilo said he's heard the Wiz would pass on Noel at 3 because of all the medical red flags and him blowing off meetings

Don't forget to add the fact that Grunfeld is a complete moron to that list of reasons why...

And because no one on the Wizards wants a 5 year project, most notably John Wall.  Plus there is the fact that his legs are frighteningly thin. 

His knees are wider than this thighs.  

nerlens-workout.jpg

Edited by Destino

stevemcqueen1=Vinny Cerrato!

Those weights look weird. One is 15? the other is 25? but they both look like standard 45s? Must be something really specific they are doing there. Can't bring the bar anywhere near his chest.

oh, and the knee looks like a mess.

Some weights look like that now. The high school I coach at has that. Probably one 25 and two 15s on each side.

And because no one on the Wizards wants a 5 year project, most notably John Wall.  Plus there is the fact that his legs are frighteningly thin. 

His knees are wider than this thighs.  

His ankles are really slender too.  He's got narrow joints which seems like an indication he will never get very big.

But he doesn't have to in order to get strong.  Joakim Noah is 230 for example.

But Noel is clearly a long way from that in that picture.

And his knee is really bad looking.  Yikes.  There definitely is an Odenesque vibe about Noel.  He's a big time talent, but that knee scares me.  Starting to feel like taking a big man with a knee that looks ruined is asking for trouble.  We're the Wizards.

Those weights look weird. One is 15? the other is 25? but they both look like standard 45s? Must be something really specific they are doing there. Can't bring the bar anywhere near his chest.

oh, and the knee looks like a mess.

Some weights look like that now. The high school I coach at has that. Probably one 25 and two 15s on each side.

Crazy. Never have seen that before.

And his knee is really bad looking.  Yikes.  There definitely is an

Odenesque vibe about Noel.  He's a big time talent, but that knee scares

me.  Starting to feel like taking a big man with a knee that looks

ruined is asking for trouble.  We're the Wizards.

The Curse O' Les Boulez

Edited by Thinking Skins